Milk for infant/toddlers

jstbcuz

DIS Veteran
Last time we went I think the only place we could get milk for our granddaughter (to just buy and put in her bottle) was at Starbucks in Magic Kingdom. Which was a hassle. I can't even remember where we got it the rest of the parks. I do know we bought some at the store on the Boardwalk and had it the hotel.

We are leaving to go back on Wednesday & need to know the best strategy of having milk available & where to get it. Do you take a cooler in to keep it cold? Or just buy it when you need it? If you buy it in the park, can you tell me where in each park? This time we are staying at All Star Movies.

Thanks from a grandma that can't remember what we did when our kids were young. LOL

My kids were never milk drinkers, so I'm no use. But I feel like the resort counter service places should have it along with the counter service places in the parks. I searched "milk" in the app and they seem to have it available at most of the counter service restaurants.

Most Disney Owned CS if not all will have milk in both the parks and resorts. I use the words Disney owned as some of the countries in EPCOT may not as they are not Owned by Disney.

The quick service restaurants that serve kids meals will have milk available to purchase. It has always been that way, so if someone told you could only get it at Starbucks, they were definitely misinformed.

In MK, places like Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio Village Haus are all counter service restaurants that serve kids meals and individual milk.

I
The quick service restaurants that serve kids meals will have milk available to purchase. It has always been that way, so if someone told you could only get it at Starbucks, they were definitely misinformed.

In MK, places like Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio Village Haus are all counter service restaurants that serve kids meals and individual milk.
Are these places open in the morning? Maybe that was the problem!

so not ALL the QS meal places do have milk i know at least Caseys does NOT, AK is a big dry land for it too it can be very hit or miss. Its a huge hassle but ive also found more than one QS place that out of the kindness of their heart just handed me a carton of milk and didn't charge me the $2.29+ and out of desperation i asked at Crystal palace one day at hostess stand and she grabbed me a to go cup. i couldn't get across street b/c parade and closest option is Pecos BIlls from there.
starbucks milk is highway robbery but sometimes you gotta do it. we also try to take some in with us b/c milk gets so gross so fast we put it in a water bottle (not reusable a throw away) and pop it in the coldest part of fridge or freezer half an hour before we head out and then put it in a small cooler bag (think like lunchbox) w/ some ice in a ziplock). that will last for several hours even in summer and is great in a pinch. esp if your milk drinker is a demanding milk drinker that when they want it they want it now!

I wonder if you were looking for whole milk? When my kids went to milk in the early toddler years, we were told to try for whole milk. I’d assume most of the milk served with kids meals is 2% (or maybe skim), but that Starbucks would have whole milk.

I wonder if you were looking for whole milk? When my kids went to milk in the early toddler years, we were told to try for whole milk. I’d assume most of the milk served with kids meals is 2% (or maybe skim), but that Starbucks would have whole milk.
I didn't think about this but that's a good question. No one is serving whole milk to drink but Starbucks will have it for their coffee. My kids didn't drink cow's milk as toddlers so I sometimes forget that others specifically want whole milk.

We sometimes buy shelf stable milk for coffee, but we noticed it tend to develop a funky taste as it gets closer to the expiration date. You can now also buy like totally dehydrated milk and cream that is not the old nonfat dry milk. We bought the cream, and it was not cheap, but it was decent taste in coffee. A bonus is that you can bring it in carry-on luggage.

The hotel gift shops should have milk, especially any hotel that has DVC. I have not looked for it recently, but in the (long ago) past, it was available at the All Star hotel gift shops.

Search milk in the my Disney experience app (you can also add park you're in, like "milk animal kingdom), and the search will show restaurants that have it. Click through to the menu to confirm, but I just did that and Pizzafari, for ex, came up in AK (and milk is on the menu there).

When my son drank milk regularly, we would always get it from the Joffrey's stand on our way out of Epcot at night. AK also has a Joffrey's outside the park entrance, and there is one at TTC. The DHS Joffrey's is near Pixar Place.

They have 1% as an option just about everywhere.
Even when my kids have drank mostly whole, I just go with that.
We also tend to keep a half gallon in our room fridge (from grocery pick up or delivery) and will fill a sippy cup in the morning. Once that is gone (or bad) they just drink water for the rest of the day.

I've mostly given up on breakfast in the parks. We usually eat in the room or hotel, before we leave for the parks, because so few places are open when the park opens. So if there's something someone wants first thing in the morning, we get it before we go and carry it in.

I've never put too much effort into getting milk for them, but they were all breastfed until 2, and none of them have really been huge milk drinkers beyond that.
We also take a break every day, so they could take a cup full of milk during the break too.

If you do go the shelf stable route, definitely make sure they try it in advance. My kids won't drink shelf stable milk, even the flavored stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter