Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

No blackout days. This is directly from the current Disney website:

Valid Admission Dates
January 1, 2020 through September 26, 2021 (no blockout dates)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2020/details/

I never said there are blackout dates. The tickets have always expired prior to Christmas in years past. Will they honor them during that time? All I know is just because there is not a blackout now does not mean that can't change. Would you book a vacation between December 18th and January 1st?

As you said your information is current, this article is speculative as to what MAY happen. I know I wouldn't book during those dates.

I see that Disneyland has announced their blackout dates.

I never said there are blackout dates. The tickets have always expired prior to Christmas in years past. Will they honor them during that time? All I know is just because there is not a blackout now does not mean that can't change. Would you book a vacation between December 18th and January 1st?

As you said your information is current, this article is speculative as to what MAY happen. I know I wouldn't book during those dates.

It's official on Disney's website. Of course with Disney anything could change but for now you can use it ior the dates you posted.
Valid Admission Dates
January 1, 2020 through September 26, 2021 (no blockout dates)

I have never seen Disney add blackout days after announcing that there were none. I have definitely seen them LIFT blackouts, but never add them. They are very explicitly saying these tickets have no blackouts between now and 9/26/21. If I had the tickets and booked parks for Christmas week, I would expect them to be honored.

So yes, I would DEFINITELY book a vacation over Christmas week if I wanted to, considering the current information on Disney's website.

It's worth noting that Steve wrote that article BEFORE Disney updated the website with that specific information.

Last edited:

I hope you all can advise me. I apologize in advance for all of the questions.

My AD son purchased a Salute ticket for a May trip that obviously didn't happen. He purchased on base, not through SOG. He has not been able to get over to see if he can get refunded and he deploys very soon. It's unknown at this time if he would be able to travel to WDW at the end of next year when he returns. We don't have any trips planned after deployment at this point. I have his voucher in my possession. It has been linked to him in MDE.

My husband is former military, not retired. We will be at SOG in Sept. We have APs. Can I possibly take this voucher to SOG and get any compensation for this ticket? I've scanned this thread and Steve's site and it sounds like I might be able to change this to a military discounted ticket that any of us can use, is that correct? (If I recall my husband should have ticket purchasing abilities in Sept/Jan for the discounted tickets at SOG) Or, is this something Disney guest relations can do? If I get this changed, I assume the expiration will remain as next September, what if we do not use it by then? Can the value then be redeemed toward some other ticket, either military or regular in 2022?

We made 2 attempts to go pre-deployment and neither worked out so now I'm just trying to get something for the ticket. We won't be renewing APs, but I do see us buying tickets in 2022 for a trip.

Oh, I think he linked the ticket in MDE via his acct. Has anyone confirmed it can be re-assigned? I think my last plan will be to try and reassign it to my daughter (a mil-spouse) and then pay for her to join us, she'll have an id so she would be able to activate it if I could get it reassigned. She doesn't really have plans for a trip any time soon so this is really my last option if I have to go that far. I don't see the ability to reassign it and I truly think I did see that option before the ticket was extended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter