Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

I just chatted with Universal and they said the same for their military ticket. Didn't mention refunds but that the expiration date could be extended.

Hi,
I’m supposed to go to Wdw 5/21. I have DVC and My BFF was meeting me in Wdw with her son (5) from Nebraska.

She purchased Military tickets for us which I linked to my account for FP.

I’m thinking we probably won’t be able to go and if we can’t reschedule this year....:-(

Do they ever refund military tickets ?
If not can I put that toward another ticket?
Thanks
Kerri

Hi,
I’m supposed to go to Wdw 5/21. I have DVC and My BFF was meeting me in Wdw with her son (5) from Nebraska.

She purchased Military tickets for us which I linked to my account for FP.

I’m thinking we probably won’t be able to go and if we can’t reschedule this year....:-(

Do they ever refund military tickets ?
If not can I put that toward another ticket?
Thanks
Kerri

As of right now, there is nothing official from Disney on what they are going to do with these tickets. Technically, they are non-refundable and still expire Dec 18, 2020.

However, you can use the purchase price toward another ticket, and you should be able to do so whenever you decide to go. The problem is, I think you can only do so in person at Disney, so you would not be able to make FP+ since you would not have an eligible ticket in your MDE.

Thanks for the quick response.
Can’t believe this craziness.... world is Falling apart and I’m worried about my Disney trip:headache:

BUt only thing I had to look forward to though :-(
Thinking won’t go end of May is crazy and seems to be what will happen.
Kerri

Military Disney Tips usually keeps pretty up-to-date information regarding the Armed Forces Salute and other military discounts, so I'd keep an eye on their website and social media for more announcements.

PEP_PC_Help_and_Support_Chat_Side_Image_050112.png

Info
at 12:48, Apr 7:
Thank you for choosing to chat with us. A Disney Cast Member will be with you shortly.

Info
You are now chatting with Magnum.

Magnum
Welcome to the Cave of Wonders! It’s me, the very impressive, the long contained, often imitated, but never duplicated... Magnum. How can I share this whole new world with you?

You
at 12:49, Apr 7:

Hi Magnum, we have military salute tickets that expire 12/18/20, but we will not be able to reschedule until January 2021. Will our ticket expiration be extended?
Magnum
at 12:51, Apr 7:
Hello! You’ve never had a friend like me! I’ll be happy to help! they might actually be extended, to confirm it you'd need to contact our ticket service team. Would you like the number to call?

You

yes please!
Magnum
at 12:52, Apr 7:
Absolutely!

Magnum
You can contact them at 407-566-4985, Option 4.

You
at 12:53, Apr 7:

Thank you
Magnum
My pleasure!

Magnum
It has been a pleasure chatting with you today!

Magnum
I have enjoyed showing you this whole new world. There’s a survey at the end of this chat, Genie and I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don’t stand until the rug has come to a complete stop. Goodbye now.

Info
Thank you for chatting with us.

Watching this... I had my trip booked for 3/28-4/2 and I don't know when I'll be able to reschedule. The bad part of this is that I had other family members going with me that may not be able to reschedule at all due to loss of income during this time. The tickets are non-refundable so they may lose $1200 if unable to reschedule or get refunded.

PEP_PC_Help_and_Support_Chat_Side_Image_050112.png

Info
Thank you for choosing to chat with us. A Disney Cast Member will be with you shortly.

Info
You are now chatting with Magnum.

Magnum
Welcome to the Cave of Wonders! It’s me, the very impressive, the long contained, often imitated, but never duplicated... Magnum. How can I share this whole new world with you?

You
at 12:49, Apr 7:

Hi Magnum, we have military salute tickets that expire 12/18/20, but we will not be able to reschedule until January 2021. Will our ticket expiration be extended?
Magnum
Hello! You’ve never had a friend like me! I’ll be happy to help! they might actually be extended, to confirm it you'd need to contact our ticket service team. Would you like the number to call?

You

yes please!
Magnum
Absolutely!

Magnum
You can contact them at 407-566-4985, Option 4.

You

Thank you
Magnum
My pleasure!

Magnum
It has been a pleasure chatting with you today!

Magnum
I have enjoyed showing you this whole new world. There’s a survey at the end of this chat, Genie and I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don’t stand until the rug has come to a complete stop. Goodbye now.

Info
Thank you for chatting with us.
Did you have success when you called?? This would take so much stress off of me!
yeah at no point does it say they are extending the expiration.
it says they might and that’s not very reassuring imo

Since it seems no clear guidance is coming from Disney, I’d contact the ITO (if that’s where you bought the tickets) and see if they will refund the tickets. At FLW I was able to get refunded on a couple occasions even though the policy clearly said it wasn’t allowed, and there was nothing crazy going on at the time like there is now. I think it’s at least worth a shot.

My concern is we have the military salute vouchers and linked to my MDE. We plan on going in Nov. and I hope Guest Services will be able to issue tickets. Never had a problem before but don't know how operations will be in Nov.

Last edited:
Spoke to ticket office tonight at Disney with concerns about this. They told me that Disney could not do anything about extending or refunding, I would have to go to ITR and see if they can help (which is currently closed indefinitely on our base). They did say that Disney will always help with expired Military tickets at the gates, but that they will charge us the difference between what they cost at the time, and current discounts offered at the gate--which, he acknowledged, could be significantly more than what we paid. Not reassuring at all...

I thought in the past when I spoke to Disney (can't remember when) that if you do not use your salute tickets that you could still pay the difference for the next year. For example, if the 2019 was $220 but the 2020 was $230, you would need to pay $10 for the difference.

I used to inquire before purchasing just in case something happened.

Of course, this does no good when you have lost your job, can't go, and just want the money back.

We have booked DL for November. I have only been once in my life to DL. We have gone to WDW probably 15 times now.. I still am on the fence about if it will happen. We plan on using the salute tickets for the DL trip. I have not purchased them yet. Nothing is open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter