Military promotions for WDW in 2019?

We are looking to go in March 2019. I've never done a military discount before. Since next year's rates aren't out yet, is there somewhere to check for rates from last March, to see if I even want to pursue it? We'd prefer the Beach Club as we love back door access to Epcot.

There is no way to check if the discount was available for a given resort, date, or room type, other than a military member reporting that they were able to get it. You can figure what the cost would be if a discount is available by taking the regular rate for your dates and subtracting 35-40%.

Last edited:
Our son is AF at Tyndall AFB. He is joining us for a few days BUT may have to leave and come back. My question is...we bought him the Military Salute 4 day ticket. He MAY need the 5 day instead. Can he add that 5th day to the ticket at the park?

Our son is AF at Tyndall AFB. He is joining us for a few days BUT may have to leave and come back. My question is...we bought him the Military Salute 4 day ticket. He MAY need the 5 day instead. Can he add that 5th day to the ticket at the park?

Yes, as long as he does it before he has used the last day on the original ticket.

Yes, as long as he does it before he has used the last day on the original ticket.

Are you sure about this one? It makes sense that it should be okay since they would be going from the 4-day to the 5-day Salute ticket, but in the past you couldn't add any days to the Salute tickets. Of course, that was when they only had the 4-day. Just wondering if maybe it needs to be done before ANY days are used.

Are you sure about this one? It makes sense that it should be okay since they would be going from the 4-day to the 5-day Salute ticket, but in the past you couldn't add any days to the Salute tickets. Of course, that was when they only had the 4-day. Just wondering if maybe it needs to be done before ANY days are used.

I actually don't think it can be done at all. These tickets have a lot of restrictions and one of them is that they cannot be upgraded at all. The best they will do is let you pay the difference between the military 4 day ticket and a regular 5 day ticket, which will be a few hundred dollars.

I actually don't think it can be done at all. These tickets have a lot of restrictions and one of them is that they cannot be upgraded at all. The best they will do is let you pay the difference between the military 4 day ticket and a regular 5 day ticket, which will be a few hundred dollars.

I think you probably can use the purchase price of the 4-day towards a 5-day ticket, but only at Disney, so you'd also have to pay the tax, AND I still think it would need to be done BEFORE it is used.

I think you probably can use the purchase price of the 4-day towards a 5-day ticket, but only at Disney, so you'd also have to pay the tax, AND I still think it would need to be done BEFORE it is used.

Yes, I am absolutely sure. There are two ways that you can upgrade the Armed Forces Salute tickets now:

1. Add the PLUS option, if you chose the HOPPER version at purchase. This is $40, if you bought the ticket at Shades of Green AND are doing the upgrade at SoG. Or $40 plus tax if you upgrade at a Disney ticket window or guest relations.

2. Add ONE DAY to the 4-day hopper or hopper Plus. This is $20 if you bought the ticket at SoG and upgrade at SoG, or $20 plus tax if you upgrade at a Disney ticket window or guest relations.

Yes, I am absolutely sure. There are two ways that you can upgrade the Armed Forces Salute tickets now:

1. Add the PLUS option, if you chose the HOPPER version at purchase. This is $40, if you bought the ticket at Shades of Green AND are doing the upgrade at SoG. Or $40 plus tax if you upgrade at a Disney ticket window or guest relations.

2. Add ONE DAY to the 4-day hopper or hopper Plus. This is $20 if you bought the ticket at SoG and upgrade at SoG, or $20 plus tax if you upgrade at a Disney ticket window or guest relations.

You can also upgrade to an annual pass from the Salute ticket too. Not for everyone but it’s an option too if you’re planning multiple trips.

You can also upgrade to an annual pass from the Salute ticket too. Not for everyone but it’s an option too if you’re planning multiple trips.

Thanks for adding this! I don't usually mention it because there is zero financial advantage when upgrading from a salute ticket. You only get the value of what you paid for the salute ticket toward the cost of the AP, so it's the same as if you just bought the AP to start. I do realize that some people may decide to get an AP after they have already paid for the salute ticket, so it is nice that it is an option!

I'm anxiously waiting for the 2019 promotion. We haven't even taken our trip this year, and I'm ready to book a trip for May. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!