Military promotions for WDW in 2019?

sithlord

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know of any military (or non-military) promotions during 2019? Trying to get a head start on planning. Thanks!

Does anyone know of any military (or non-military) promotions during 2019? Trying to get a head start on planning. Thanks!

Nothing is out yet for 2019, military or otherwise. The best place to get most up-to-date information for military is Steve's site at www.militarydisneytips.com/

If you sign up for his newsletter, you'll see Shades deals as well as get first info on when/if Disney renews the Salute for 2019.

The discounts have been pretty much the same from year to year. This year's options are nearly identical to the past 2 years. The difference is usually negligible difference in the pricing, but the options will be the same.

Nothing is out yet for 2019, military or otherwise. The best place to get most up-to-date information for military is Steve's site at www.militarydisneytips.com/

If you sign up for his newsletter, you'll see Shades deals as well as get first info on when/if Disney renews the Salute for 2019.

The military Salute pricing for a 4-day hopper ticket has gone up about $15 very year. Last time I bought them the price was around $178. They went up to $194, then $209, and are now $226 for 2018. The good news is they now offer a 5-day park hopper option for only about $20 more, so that helps mitigate the price increase somewhat.

Military discounts will likely be released towards the end of September for 2019. They don't change much from year to year, so you can use this year's promotion to plan from. If you would like to book a room with a military discount, book as soon as possible after the promotion is released as the rooms available are extremely limited.

Watching thread and marking our spot. Plan on June 2019. Booked room already, hoping can apply discount if/when released.

I'm also watching this thread, I have a group going with me in June. One retired military, his son, grand-daughter and his ex-wife (they get along fine)

Can he purchase military tickets (whenever they are released for 2019) at Randolph AFB? Can everyone in the traveling party use them since they are all relatives (except me, but I have a DVC AP). Can night be added to military tickets> It looks like they are 4 and 5 day hoppers, buit we would need a 7 day. If not, we may just go with 7 day base (one park per day) tickets. Thanks for any info...this is my first time going with military people.

I'm also watching this thread, I have a group going with me in June. One retired military, his son, grand-daughter and his ex-wife (they get along fine)

Can he purchase military tickets (whenever they are released for 2019) at Randolph AFB? Can everyone in the traveling party use them since they are all relatives (except me, but I have a DVC AP). Can night be added to military tickets> It looks like they are 4 and 5 day hoppers, buit we would need a 7 day. If not, we may just go with 7 day base (one park per day) tickets. Thanks for any info...this is my first time going with military people.
Hi Chuck,
Tickets can be purchased at the base or through Shades of Green. No tax if purchased at SoG rather than at a ticket booth.

Here’s info from the Ticket Sticky:
Military Tickets -
These are tickets similar to MYW tickets and can be sold at various military bases and at the Shades of Green Resort at WDW.
These Military Tickets are not only price-discounted, but Florida Sales Tax is not charged.

Military "Non-Salute" Tickets can be upgraded similarly to regular MYW tickets.
They can be "price bridged" to the current full price of the equivalent ticket bought from Disney.
These are subject to the same rules as MYW ticket upgrades:
Must be done within 14 days of first use and with entitlements still remaining on the ticket.

Military "Salute" Tickets can only be upgraded in limited ways.
There's a 5 day option this year, so someone with a 4 day Salute ticket can add the extra day. They can also add either option they didn't already have (PH or WPF&M).
This can be done up until the ticket is expired, regardless of entitlements remaining.

Any of the military tickets, Salute or not, can be upgraded to an AP.
But, the Salute tickets only get price bridged to their own equivalent gate price, with tax included - not to the full price of a regular 4 or 5 day PH/WPF&M.
If any WPF&M entries have been used, the ticket can only be upgraded to the Platinum Plus pass.

Some military tickets have been subject to blackout dates.
It appears at this point there are no blackout dates, and
that valid admission dates run through December 19, 2018.

Ticket purchases are generally considered to be "non-refundable."

really hoping i can get a military room discount as i never have gotten one. been trying but i either plan to close or to far out to wait. watching this page getting one for 2019

really hoping i can get a military room discount as i never have gotten one. been trying but i either plan to close or to far out to wait. watching this page getting one for 2019

We book every year with the military discount. The earlier you book the better. The choices get more and more limited as the year progresses. You can often find things that I personally consider way outside my budget even with the discount (like 650 bucks a night) or moderates without much issue. We booked the Yacht Club in February for our September trip. I had to adjust my days. For the life of me, I can't get it for the last night. Rack rate was way more than what I wanted to pay so we are just moving.

The room discounts are really great and so worth calling in a few times to play with dates and availability.

We book every year with the military discount. The earlier you book the better. The choices get more and more limited as the year progresses. You can often find things that I personally consider way outside my budget even with the discount (like 650 bucks a night) or moderates without much issue. We booked the Yacht Club in February for our September trip. I had to adjust my days. For the life of me, I can't get it for the last night. Rack rate was way more than what I wanted to pay so we are just moving.

The room discounts are really great and so worth calling in a few times to play with dates and availability.

I called a few weeks ago and they had CB pirate room for Mil in Dec, we got a cabin for a slight holiday discount. Is june the release time for the amount of mil room for each hotel? But we are planing for March so i was hoping for a bounce back or AP at the least but Mil would be awesome. I 'm gonna start calling disney and dreams for march I can get a deluxe for a steal.

I tend to book in January for that year. It seems as if they release more then. I’m not an expert but it’s always worked for us.

Can everyone in the traveling party use them since they are all relatives (except me, but I have a DVC AP).

Each eligible military member (or spouse, in the absence of the member) may purchase a total of 6 Military Promotional tickets in a calendar year, to be used by anyone they choose. One has to be used by the military member, unless the member has an AP. In that case, the max he or she can purchase is 5.

Can night be added to military tickets> It looks like they are 4 and 5 day hoppers, buit we would need a 7 day. If not, we may just go with 7 day base (one park per day) tickets. Thanks for any info...this is my first time going with military people.

No, you cannot add days to a 5-day military ticket. You can add 1 day to a 4-day ticket. In your case, the 7-day base ticket would be the cheapest option. There is a slight discount on MYW tickets at base ITT offices or Shades of Green, plus there is not tax, so those would be good sources for those tickets, too.

Don’t fo get that there is a military discount for memory maker - u have to purchase it at guest services and it’s 98 this year

Each eligible military member (or spouse, in the absence of the member) may purchase a total of 6 Military Promotional tickets in a calendar year, to be used by anyone they choose. One has to be used by the military member, unless the member has an AP. In that case, the max he or she can purchase is 5.

No, you cannot add days to a 5-day military ticket. You can add 1 day to a 4-day ticket. In your case, the 7-day base ticket would be the cheapest option. There is a slight discount on MYW tickets at base ITT offices or Shades of Green, plus there is not tax, so those would be good sources for those tickets, too.

But, according to other info in this thread, the 5 day ticket can be price bridged to purchase a 7 day ticket, which still yields a significant discount.

But, according to other info in this thread, the 5 day ticket can be price bridged to purchase a 7 day ticket, which still yields a significant discount.

The 5-day Salute ticket CANNOT be bridged, just the slightly discounted MYW tickets. Bridging is just another way to say adding days. And in that case, just get the 7-day to start, so you can book FP for all the days you are staying.

Salute tickets cannot be upgraded in any way, other than to go from 4- to 5 days, or to add the Park Hopper Plus option.

Last edited:
I'm anxiously waiting to hear from Steve Bell (Military Disney Tips) to announce the renewal. We are going in January and are hoping for the most discount for AKL.

We are looking to go in March 2019. I've never done a military discount before. Since next year's rates aren't out yet, is there somewhere to check for rates from last March, to see if I even want to pursue it? We'd prefer the Beach Club as we love back door access to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!