Military discounts

When are military discounts usually released for the next year?

Sign up for Steve's newsletter. He is usually the first to know when or if the discounts will come out for 2020.

Military Disney Tips Newsletter Sign-up

From Steve's site..

Will The Walt Disney Company Renew the Disney Armed Forces Military Salute Discount For 2020?

Will Disney continue to extend their Military Discounted Ticket and Resort Room Offer?
Military Disney Tips has been the first to publish the previous announcements of the Armed Forces Salute continuations, since September 2012. We have contacts in the Disney Company both official and unofficial as well as other friends in the Disney related industry. These contacts allow us to keep ouu fingertip on the pulse of the company in regards to military discounts.

Late September 2018 the 2019 Disney Armed Forces Salute was announced.

Sign up for Steve's newsletter. He is usually the first to know when or if the discounts will come out for 2020.

Military Disney Tips Newsletter Sign-up

From Steve's site..

Will The Walt Disney Company Renew the Disney Armed Forces Military Salute Discount For 2020?

Will Disney continue to extend their Military Discounted Ticket and Resort Room Offer?
Military Disney Tips has been the first to publish the previous announcements of the Armed Forces Salute continuations, since September 2012. We have contacts in the Disney Company both official and unofficial as well as other friends in the Disney related industry. These contacts allow us to keep ouu fingertip on the pulse of the company in regards to military discounts.

Late September 2018 the 2019 Disney Armed Forces Salute was announced.
Thank you. I just signed up.

I think I want to apply the discount to my stay this winter. My only concern is, I’ll be there 12/7-12/14 and I currently have tickets and park hoppers for each day, 7day tickets. If the military discount is only 5 days, is it possible to get 7? How do people usually do the tickets?

I think I want to apply the discount to my stay this winter. My only concern is, I’ll be there 12/7-12/14 and I currently have tickets and park hoppers for each day, 7day tickets. If the military discount is only 5 days, is it possible to get 7? How do people usually do the tickets?
We usually do AFS 5 day park hopper, 1 party day & 1 rest day. The 5 day tickets work well for us.
Day 1: MK
Day 2: HS
Day 3: AK
Day 4: Rest - no park
Day 5: Halloween Party
Day 6: MK
Day 7: check out day no park

The PP has a great plan!

We purchased the 5 day park hopper plus military tickets - 5 park days PLUS 5 waterpark visits (or mini golf). We thought that was an excellent deal. And the military tickets are valid all year (until December 19th I think), they do NOT expire 10 or 14 days after first use. We used one park day and 4 water park visits at the beginning of the summer and will use the remaining 4 park visits and waterpark (or mini golf depending on weather) when we go back this fall. It was a great deal for 10 days of Disney. Like the PP we built some resort/down days into our schedule to relax. The limit is 6 per military member/year. Our family of 3 could buy 2 sets if we wanted more days.

It sounds like you've already got your tickets for this year, but you can get on that room discount. The room discount is not limkited to just 5 days. Call the WDW reservation number. You can apply the discount to your stay. Have them look and see what's available first, if your current resort is available for the military discount, they cancel your original reservation (and tell them to quickly put a hold on that room) and then re-book you with the military discount. We've done it a few times no problem.

Thank you for your family's service to country. Enjoy your trip!

The PP has a great plan!

We purchased the 5 day park hopper plus military tickets - 5 park days PLUS 5 waterpark visits (or mini golf). We thought that was an excellent deal. And the military tickets are valid all year (until December 19th I think), they do NOT expire 10 or 14 days after first use. We used one park day and 4 water park visits at the beginning of the summer and will use the remaining 4 park visits and waterpark (or mini golf depending on weather) when we go back this fall. It was a great deal for 10 days of Disney. Like the PP we built some resort/down days into our schedule to relax. The limit is 6 per military member/year. Our family of 3 could buy 2 sets if we wanted more days.

It sounds like you've already got your tickets for this year, but you can get on that room discount. The room discount is not limkited to just 5 days. Call the WDW reservation number. You can apply the discount to your stay. Have them look and see what's available first, if your current resort is available for the military discount, they cancel your original reservation (and tell them to quickly put a hold on that room) and then re-book you with the military discount. We've done it a few times no problem.

Thank you for your family's service to country. Enjoy your trip!

Maybe the cast member I spoke with was confused. I called earlier in the week and the room discount was great and I really would like to use it, but they told me it did not include my tickets which I would have to buy separately. She said it was only the room and my dining plan. Should I call back? Thank you SO much for all of your help!!!!!

Maybe the cast member I spoke with was confused. I called earlier in the week and the room discount was great and I really would like to use it, but they told me it did not include my tickets which I would have to buy separately. She said it was only the room and my dining plan. Should I call back? Thank you SO much for all of your help!!!!!

I think I’m going to call. I have two rooms at the grand that week and only one military member traveling with us. She said only the room he was in is eligible for the discount and the other room we have would not be. The website above, to my understanding, says he can apply the discount to multiple rooms. So I’m confused what’s actually accurate information and. What is not.

She's right about the tickets. I think the rule is up to 3 rooms at once. You can use the discount multiple times a year. You have to buy AFS tickets from your local MWR office or Shades of Green will mail you tickets. You can also just buy regular tickets from any other discount retailer and use them.

The discounts can be VERY good! And sometimes just a little bit, but usually better than public discounts, with the exception of free dining.

Yes, the tickets are separate, so you can book a "room only reservation" with military discount, or a "ticketless package" (room and dining plan) with a military discount. The dining plan isn't discounted unfortunately, just the room. Then purchase your tickets on base ahead of time so you can get those Fast Passes at 60 days out! Or you can buy then at shades of green when you arrive (tax free) or at the guest relations/ticket office (sales tax added!) So you don't have to stay at at WDW resort to use military tickets, and you don't have to use military tickets if you get a discounted room. So give that cast member a call back and get your room discount!

Just so you know, about the tickets, we have two bases near us - two different branches. One office only sells 4 park hopper day in stock and special orders the 5 day or hopper PLUS tickets (so we would need time for shipping) and the other sells all in stock. We needed them fast for a last minute trip so we called ahead and then drove to second base that had what we wanted. If you have more than one baser nearby you may want to check each on for what they have on hand.

With the dining plan "ticketless package" you'll also get four mini golf vouchers which was a nice surprise for us and ensured we used our PLUS option only for the water park.

If you're active duty Sea World/Busch Gardens has a one free day ticket for the family. So generous. Just a thought if you have an extra day. I could keep going...I'll stop. Have fun!!

My husband is a 100% disabled vet. He is able to use Shades of Green and purchase military tickets on base. Can he also book the military discount at Disney or is it just for active duty families?

My husband is a 100% disabled vet. He is able to use Shades of Green and purchase military tickets on base. Can he also book the military discount at Disney or is it just for active duty families?
If your husband has a military issued ID card he should be able to book the military discount. My DH is retired and we have used the military discount many times.

Last year and for my upcoming trip in November, I used the military discount for the room. For both trips, I am getting roughly a $200 per night discount (that's on either the Contemporary or Grand Floridian). I was able to book 3 rooms at this rate.

I mail ordered my tickets from Shades of Green this year, rather than going to one of the many bases around me. Shades of Green tickets come activated so you don't have to do the activation at a Guest Services on your first day of park arrival.

My husband is also 100% disabled and we buy the military salute tickets all the time. We have also used the room discounts if my cast discount is not available.

Just released today! They will now have a 4,5 and 6 day hopper pass this year.
Thanks............

Copy/Paste:

6-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through December 13, 2020
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $301 plus tax
  • With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $351 plus tax
5-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through now through December 14, 2020
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $283 plus tax
  • With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $333 plus tax
4-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through now through December 15, 2020
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $265 plus tax
  • With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $315 plus tax
Receive admission for 4, 5 or 6 days when you visit during the period from January 1, 2020 through December 18, 2020.
You can also purchase the Memory Maker product for a special price of $98 from January 1, 2020 through December 18, 2020.

Link.............

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2020/

Rooms info for 2020

Edit: several hours later---my discounts were between 12 and 25 percent.

copy/paste

Offer Details
Book Through
December 18, 2020

Valid for Stays Most Nights
January 1 through April 4 and April 19 through December 18, 2020
Eligibility
To book this offer, you must be active or retired U.S. military personnel (including active or retired members of the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Spouses of military service members and PHS and NOAA Commissioned Corps members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. military IDs in the absence of active or retired military personnel or Commissioned Corps members.
Important Details
  • The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Additional per adult charges may apply if there are more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.
  • Offer excludes suites in Moderate and Deluxe Resort hotels.
  • Advance reservations required.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

Link....

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-hotel-rates-2020/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!