Military discount?

You can book the regular 25% military discount for visits anytime starting 8/25/19 - 12/21/19. Are you asking about the special offers sometimes provided throughout the year like the current Spring offer for weekday stays?

I was just going to start a thread comparing Hale Koa vs Aulani. I know the Hale Koa isn't as deluxe as Aulani but how was it?

It’s been years since I’ve been to Hale Koa (circa 2006), but it was nice when I was there. It is next door to Hilton Hawaiian Village on Waikiki beach and we enjoyed the location. I know that probably doesn’t help much, but it is also nice that there is a small exchange on site, so buying items was definitely cheaper.

For our upcoming trip to Aulani, we’re stopping at the Navy commissary near the airport to grab some food and beverages. It is our first trip to Aulani though, so I can’t make a very good comparison for you. Maybe split your stay so you get both Ko Olina and Waikiki

Hale Koa has just opened up their newly built pool area - you can’t beat their position on the Fort de Russy stretch of beach, it’s prime beachfront IMO.

I was just going to start a thread comparing Hale Koa vs Aulani. I know the Hale Koa isn't as deluxe as Aulani but how was it?

Hi there, we stayed at Hale Koa in June for 2 nights for the Waikiki portion of our trip. We paid $119 a night for a standard room and were upgraded to an Ocean View on the end of the building with a great view. We stayed at Aulani a few years ago. While we loved Aulani, we loved the price at HK more! (I love a great deal!)

Aulani for the same dates for a standard view was something like $733.00 a night. The Hilton next door by comparison was between $350-$400 a night plus a resort fee.

The grounds at HK are very well maintained and similar to 3/4 star resorts. (the rooms are mid-level Hilton/Marriott, Hampton Inn/Courtyard type furnishings) The food options with the Beach grill/bar, numerous restaurants, snack shop with frozen treats and fast food type food are all VERY affordable. We had our 2 teenagers along with my teenage nephew and it was very easy for them to hang out on their own and get food, etc. We especially enjoyed the Sunday Brunch after hiking Diamondhead! I think it was $19.95 or something and very good!~ The beach rentals offer military discounts, set-up chairs and umbrellas, etc. The PX is so handy to have on-site, with everything from food, towels, souveniers, etc.

We also had tickets to the Comedy Show on Saturday night and thought it was pretty good. The new pool area at HK was almost finished when we were there and looked tons of fun with kids splash area, etc. I guess the pool isn't as much a draw for us, being from Arizona, we have a pool and our boys are mostly interested in the ocean activities.

Would definitely stay there again when we go to Hawaii. There are so many affordable options for military in Hawaii, including cottages and other rentals, I don't think I can justify the $ for Aulani again. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter