military discount on rooms?

CaLuCa

Mouseketeer
So I fall into the Disney only crowd, but driving past VB on Friday while leaving Orlando, I realized I might be willing to investigate Universal. don't get me wrong, the Disney kool aid runs through my veins and those of my children, but DH has been asking for years to look beyond the mouse. Who knew a water park would be the pull?

Is there a military discount on hotels or is it just the package thing I see on the universal site?

We are a family of 6...what are my room options?

Thanks!

We check-in at Royal Pacific Resort on August 4th and I made a room only reservation using a military discount. I made the reservations via the phone but you can use the code MIL to do it online. According to the person I spoke to on the phone, you can only get 1 room with a military discount. So that is different from Disney. I don't know if they would make an exception for a larger family. I was trying to get my parents a discount on their room to but he wouldn't do it on the phone. Then I bought discounted tickets from Shades of Green but can I could have done it at my local base too. This is our first stay at Universal and I'm really looking forward to it.

We booked through the Universal military package.
1-888-340-4614

You can probably get a slightly better deal on buying your tickets on base. But then you have to convert the tickets when you arrive at the park.

Cabana Bay has options for six people. They have the family suites and the new two bedroom suites as well.

We are staying at SF and got a very good deal through Universal. Hope that helps!

Use the link below. Choose all hotels; then under promotion enter MIL

https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo

This will give you the room only military rates. I've not had any luck with packages. They have always quoted us prices that are almost double what I worked out for myself pricing everything separately.

Also, I've noticed that annual pass discounted room rates are usually a better deal than the MIL rates, but not always, so you may want to do a price comparison on that as well. Simply switch out MIL for APH in your search.

We're looking to book with the military discount for late June next year. Does anyone know how far in advance they typically release those rates for summer?

Use the link below. Choose all hotels; then under promotion enter MIL

https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo

This will give you the room only military rates. I've not had any luck with packages. They have always quoted us prices that are almost double what I worked out for myself pricing everything separately.

Also, I've noticed that annual pass discounted room rates are usually a better deal than the MIL rates, but not always, so you may want to do a price comparison on that as well. Simply switch out MIL for APH in your search.
When I use this link it says for active duty military. Does anyone know if it is for retired as well?

When I use this link it says for active duty military. Does anyone know if it is for retired as well?
We used the military discount for our check-in August 4, 2017 and my husband is retired. No problems - AT ALL. They didn't even ask for an ID. Seriously. I was prepared to show an ID but they never asked. Wish I could have used the discount for my parents but was told only 1 room for the discount. Have no idea if this was an abnormal experience, this was our first time staying at a Universal hotel.

There was a thread here 2-3 months ago on this topic, and a poster had emailed one of the resorts to ask this question and provided the response. Supposedly the discount is for retired military as well. I'll be going in September and can let you know for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter