Military discount for retired?

jrfish96

Earning My Ears
Ive read that there is a military discount on park tickets (50% off). I’m wondering if this discount is for retired military as well as active duty. Anyone have any information about this?

Ive read that there is a military discount on park tickets (50% off). I’m wondering if this discount is for retired military as well as active duty. Anyone have any information about this?

What you're referring to is the Disney Military Salute and it is valid for retired military with a military ID. My husband retired from the Navy last year and we just got back from WDW last week - we used the Military Salute 5 day parkhopper and well as the Salute discount on our room (Pop Century). Tickets can be purchased from any MWR/ITT office on base. We live in SoCal and bought ours at Camp Pendleton, but they had to special order and did not keep these in stock FYI so you may be looking at a week or so delay purchasing ahead of time. We don't purchase at the parks because the parks in Florida charge sales tax whereas the base offices and Shades of Green do not charge tax.

You can find more info on the Disney Parks website under special offers, and current ticket prices are posted on the Shades of Green website (I can't link unfortunately as I don't have enough posts yet!) Hope this helps.

What you're referring to is the Disney Military Salute and it is valid for retired military with a military ID. My husband retired from the Navy last year and we just got back from WDW last week - we used the Military Salute 5 day parkhopper and well as the Salute discount on our room (Pop Century). Tickets can be purchased from any MWR/ITT office on base. We live in SoCal and bought ours at Camp Pendleton, but they had to special order and did not keep these in stock FYI so you may be looking at a week or so delay purchasing ahead of time. We don't purchase at the parks because the parks in Florida charge sales tax whereas the base offices and Shades of Green do not charge tax.

You can find more info on the Disney Parks website under special offers, and current ticket prices are posted on the Shades of Green website (I can't link unfortunately as I don't have enough posts yet!) Hope this helps.
I was actually asking about the discount for Disneyland Paris. We have used the discounts at WDW and DL many times. The wording for DLP discount isn’t as clear as the one for the states. I think it just says you need a valid military ID.
Thanks for answering though

I was actually asking about the discount for Disneyland Paris. We have used the discounts at WDW and DL many times. The wording for DLP discount isn’t as clear as the one for the states. I think it just says you need a valid military ID.
Thanks for answering though

That's what I get for attempting to multi-task at work with multiple windows open...

When we went to DLR Paris last year, my husband was still active duty but we went with friends who were retired. The cast members only checked our ID's and did not ask for any additional information. I don't know what the official policy is but both couples were given the discounted tickets. DLR Paris is beautiful, enjoy!

That's what I get for attempting to multi-task at work with multiple windows open...

When we went to DLR Paris last year, my husband was still active duty but we went with friends who were retired. The cast members only checked our ID's and did not ask for any additional information. I don't know what the official policy is but both couples were given the discounted tickets. DLR Paris is beautiful, enjoy!
Perfect thanks!

We've purchased the discount military tickets at DLP in 2017 and 2018, and my dad is retired US Air Force. We bought them at the guest relations/ticket booth to the right of the entrance. Dad showed his ID and that was about it! We did the 2 day park hopper the first time and the three day version the second.

I talked to DLP today about military discount. All they are looking for is an ID card and it is not limited to those stationed in Europe under Status of Forces (SOFA); I told her I was coming from Texas for 18-20 August visit. 2 day 2 park is 84 Euro and 3 day 2 park is 105 Euro. You have to buy those at the gate. If you are interested in the paid fast passes--they run out, so do book those online or phone now. No hotel discounts for military.

I talked to DLP today about military discount. All they are looking for is an ID card and it is not limited to those stationed in Europe under Status of Forces (SOFA); I told her I was coming from Texas for 18-20 August visit. 2 day 2 park is 84 Euro and 3 day 2 park is 105 Euro. You have to buy those at the gate. If you are interested in the paid fast passes--they run out, so do book those online or phone now. No hotel discounts for military.
This is great information! Thank you! Have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter