Military discount for Memory Maker

jen7233

DIS Veteran
I saw a thread for this in 2016. I'd like to know if WDW is still offering the military discount for Memory Maker in 2017, and if anyone has experience with using this? We have a May trip coming up.

Thank you.

Yes, they are! We are here now and bought the military discounted memory maker just a few days ago! I believe it's til the end of the year. :)

We haven't used it yet, but plan to in August. It's a great deal, but you do have to purchase it at a Guest Relations window at the parks.

Yes, they are! We are here now and bought the military discounted memory maker just a few days ago! I believe it's til the end of the year. :)

Did you buy it at Guest relations outside the park, like where you would buy same day park tickets? Or inside the park in the photo shop? I usually buy it a head of time but the savings are so good that you can't pass it up. I know if you buy it without the military discount there is a higher price and a waiting period before it works but I read that the wait time isn't thecase with the military discount. Just curious about your experience with buying/using it same day. We are going in August and our first park is Magic Kingdom. Thanks!

Did you buy it at Guest relations outside the park, like where you would buy same day park tickets? Or inside the park in the photo shop? I usually buy it a head of time but the savings are so good that you can't pass it up. I know if you buy it without the military discount there is a higher price and a waiting period before it works but I read that the wait time isn't thecase with the military discount. Just curious about your experience with buying/using it same day. We are going in August and our first park is Magic Kingdom. Thanks!

Yes! It was at Guest Relations right outside Magic Kingdom entrance. We bought it in the evening after being there all day. All of our pictures from earlier that day were available to download once we activated! If you need anymore info, let me know! :)

Yes! It was at Guest Relations right outside Magic Kingdom entrance. We bought it in the evening after being there all day. All of our pictures from earlier that day were available to download once we activated! If you need anymore info, let me know! :)

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks so much. I hope you had a magical trip.

Looking to purchase in June. So if we don't buy it in the morning when we arrive we can purchase it later and still get any pictures taken during the day? My plan is to purchase it on arrival day at DS but just curious incase we don't make it there

That's great news! Thank you :thanks: we are visiting the end of November & I had wondered about the timing of purchasing it ... great discount & much appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!