Military discount Cruises

lovemickeyminnie

Earning My Ears
hello

I am looking at cruises. Is there any discount if you are a military person? Can I book any cruise and get a discount or is it selective on which ones? How many rooms can I book?

Thanks

Last edited:
If you go to the DCL website and look under special offers, they list the cruises that have a military rate available along with the booking details. Happy sailing!

hello

I am looking at cruises. Is there any discount if you are a military person? Can I book any cruise and get a discount or is it selective on which ones? How many rooms can I book?

Thanks
Kristen

Unlike the Parks, military fares are not offered on every cruise, and when offered it is not for every cabin category. DCL uses military rates to fill otherwise empty ships, so they are normally not offered until past the paid-in-full date for the cruise for regular fares. If there is a specific date or sailing that you want to sail, it is best to book your cabin when they are initial released, because that is when the guaranteed lowest fare for that sailing and cabin category is. If you have flexibility in when you and sail, and do not care if you do not make it on a specific sailing, you can wait for a military fare to be offered.
As for eligibility, only US active duty and retired military (or their spouses with ID cards) are eligible for military fares - non-retired (including disabled) veterans are not eligible for this fare. Cabins are limited to only the military member (or spouse with ID) and their immediate family, with a maximum of two based on having an immediate family (sailing) of more than the allowed occupancy of a single cabin.

We've done military discount cruises (MTO) and there is a significant savings. Make sure you bring your CAC card to the terminal for check in to prove your status along with your regular documentation (passport, check in sheet...). In my experience, if you have a smaller family (4 or less) there are a lot of MTOs available. If you go to the DCL website and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a big gift wrapped box icon. That will take you to the discount page. Follow the Military discount to the next page, select your party size (adult/child) and you'll see what's available. We've saved over 35% on cruises. Usually, they open up sailings about 6 months (ish) out for MTO discounts.

Of note, all active duty, reservist, retired, DoD civilian and DoD civilian retired are eligible for the discount. The member listed above must be in the sailing party IOT get the discount as you'll have to present your ID.

Enjoy your cruising and thank you for your service to our country!

We've sailed several times with a military discount; sometimes they were pretty good, others not that great (but anything is good I guess).

They are offered to current members of the US military or spouse. So, active, active reserve, or retired members. All are current members of the military. Separated veterans are no longer members so they are not eligible. And you will need your military ID at checkin.

Here's an official Disney web page with rates and information: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-rates/

DCL usually gives about 50 staterooms for the military discounts (when offered) as others have said - go under the special offers and search for it. it does usually come with a quick window to purchase and sail, but they are GREAT rates. If you go, ENJOY your Disney VACAY...

I spent three years in the Army many years ago. Too bad vets, like me, are excluded from these offers. Realizing that 20 years is more than three, just feel that anyone who serves in the military (perhaps other service occupations, too) deserve a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter