Milestone birthday dinner?

Satchmo128

I could ride Expedition Everest over and over...
DH will be turning 40 and his cousin will be turning 35 on our trip this October and we would like to make plans for a nice dinner to celebrate. In the past we have eaten at the Blue Bayou for birthday meals, but we are thinking about branching out this time and trying something new.

So, if you were planning a special occasion dinner, where would you eat??

We've never been, but you might check the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose. A lot of people like that as a sort of exclusive experience and have really enjoyed it. It is pretty pricey, but a lot of people like it.

I just booked a table at Napa Rose to celebrate our 11th Anniversary, so that would be my answer. Runner up goes to Carthay Circle or Steakhouse 55.

If you have a group of 8 to 12, I highly recommend the Premier Room at Carthay Circle Restaurant. No extra cost, but a large deposit might be required.
Napa Rose Chef's Counter works well for a party of 4.

Another vote for Carthay Circle - last visit it was out favorite meal, and we were seated in a smaller room that was quieter so it was very nice. We also liked that you can get some of the cocktails from the the lounge downstairs.

Another vote for Carthay Circle, the food is great, as is the service. There are several really good restaurants though. Catal in Downtown Disney has outstanding food. Steak House 55 is also superb and a really nice restaurant. Napa Rose is, of course, the best food on the property, if money is no object.

It really depends on what your DH and his cousin like to eat. It won't be much of a celebration if they don't like their food. Check the menus on allears.net to see what you think they would enjoy most. If they liked BB, then I would recommend Steakhouse 55 over Napa Rose or Carthay Circle Restaurant. Just because a restaurant is "fancy" doesn't mean it appeals to everyone's taste. Whichever restaurant you choose, make sure to note on the reservation that you will be celebrating two birthdays. You can also order a custom birthday cake to be delivered to the restaurant -- just ask the CM on the Dine Line for more info.

My daughter had the choice of going for her 13th birthday dinner at Carthay, Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55.

She chose the latter for 2 reasons - lobster and the 24 layer chocolate cake, which she didn't have room for after they presented her with a complimentary Mickey Mousse to celebrate her day.

On the bright side, we took the cake back to our room, stuck it in the fridge, and got to enjoy it for the last 3 days of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter