Milage - Atlanta To Orlando

Diz

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how far Orlando is from Atlanta? It takes us about 10 hours to get to Atlanta from St. Louis, and I was wanting to know how much farther we had to go.

It's about 450 miles, Diz. Depending on the time of day, the traffic and the day of the week you travel it should take from 6 1/2 to 8 hours to travel from Atlanta to Orlando. I've driven it four times and I've determined that the best time to leave is on Sunday mornings when there is NO traffic. December 30th I left at 5:30am, made two stops and made it to my 12 noon meeting at Universal! :D

Driving through Atlanta during rush hourS, and I repeat, HOURS, can add hours to your ride. Try to avoid being there between 5 and 9 in the mornings and 2 and 8 in the evenings on weekdays.

Thanks Robin! If our timing is right, we should be going through around 3am on a Saturday morning.

I always make sure to get a Holiday Inn Express on the south side of the Atlanta area. I've been caught on the "wrong" side during rush hour twice and don't ever want to do that again!!

It's about a 15-16 hour drive from edwardsville, IL. (just across the river from you) to the Walt Disney World resort. atlanta is typically just over the half-way point of the trip. My experience is about 7 hours from atlanta to orlando( I usually set the cruise about 5 mph above posted speed limit). we usually do not make too many stops along the way(gas&potty) 2-3 times and usually one stop for sit-down restaurant. Our strategy is to leave st.louis area about 2-3pm which enables us to miss rush hour traffic in all major cities along the way(Nashville,chatanooga,atlanta). we usually pass through atlanta about 10-11pm. each year we plan on stopping about 1-2 hours south of atlanta and staying the night and finishing the trip in the morning, but, each and every year the same thing: I keep driving and we arrive at disney about 6am. at all cost: avoid morning rush hour in atlanta!!!

Thanks Kevin - I actullay live on the outskirts of Fairview Heights, but no one knows where that is, so I just say St. Louis.

I am like you, once I get in the car, I just keep driving and only stop when the wife begs me to stop :)

Is there a decent way to bypass Atlanta? We've driven through there before and couldn't believe the traffic. This time, we'll have to go through on a week day and I'm NOT looking forward to it!

I recommend I-285 East if you're coming down I-85. If you're coming down I-75 use I-285 west. DO NOT confuse the two or you will enjoy the "top end" of our by pass for many hours. If coming between 10:00am-3:00 pm just stay on 75/85. If coming after 8:00 pm and before 6:00 stay on 75/85. I live in north Atlanta and leave Sunday morning at 5:00 and plan to be at Disney by 2:00. We stop to eat twice and get gas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter