Mike- Two & Two Kids , please! Day 14.........Gatorade time!!!

UK Valerie

TRUST NO-ONE
Two & Two Kids , please! Day 14.........Gatorade time!!!

Well, after a reasonable night's sleep poor Callum was still really poorly...this was borne out by the fact we couldn't hear the morning chorus otherwise known as Cartoon Network...a sure sign he was unwell!! To be fair he's quite a brave little soul and never complains ( unlike his sister to whom a bruise is a medical emergency... ).
All he wanted was liquids , so armed with the knowledge that Gatorade seemed to be a wonder cure I was despatched to Publix to get supplies in. It seemed to liven him up ...I now know this is due to it restoring electrolytes, etc.( information as supplied by DIS Uk memebers !! )but he wasn't up to going out. DW decided she would stop in with him since it was turning out to be a really sunny day and she'd decided a day by our pool would suit her while Callum recuperated with the help of DD's Gameboy. Reluctantly (yeah, right ! ) I agreed to take DD out to Universal ...and to pay a visit to the Premium Outlets Mall to get a pressie for Callum.
Off we went at about 10.30 and hit the road for Universal Studios, Emilia was less than impressed when I insisted she sit in the back of the car but she's only 9 years old and I can still beat her at arm-wrestling so my decision 's final!!
We ( remember that "we" means Dad )decided that we'd hit the major rides for a couple of hours before having lunch at Jungle Jim's in Crossroads and then doing our mercy mission to P.O.Mall.
Oh, yes , here we are heading into Universal's badly signed entrance again and parting with another $7 to park 3 miles from anywhere.........if possible it was even quieter today and we didn't have to queue to get into the car park!!As a result we parked nearer the walkways than ever before ( this was our 4th. visit to Univ./IOA ) It's a much longer walk to Universal than IOA but it really was a gorgeous day so we didn't mind . By the time we got in the Express Pass was finished but there weren't exactly throngs of folk about! we headed straight for Arnie's Terminator 2 3-D....no queue so straight in to the pre-show which was starting in front of a crowd of no more than 50 people!! In we trooped and like the veterans we are we legged it straight for middle and centre!! An announcement asked people to move to the ends of the row to make room for people coming in..I assume it was a taped announcement since we WERE all in and the theatre was nearly empty..as Emilia said we outnumbered the robots!! The show was totally brilliant again...and we both forgot about the water sequence so got soaked. The players are real professionals and didn't seem deterred by the hug gaps in the audience..all praise to them!
Emilia wanted to go on ET Adventure next , talk about the sublime to the ridiculous... so off we tootled. Straight into the show , no queues, but we allowed people to pass us while we had a VERY slow walk through the forest area, this is so enjoyable and my favourite part of the ride, the scent of pine-trees is totally realistic , I'd have been happy sitting there for half an hour...but DD started to pull me along..I can take a hint . We gave our names and got on the ride , again very cutesy but none the worse for that...I enjoyed Small World remember!.... and at the end when we got off the machine got our names right which thoroughly amazed and delighted DD...
We'd decided that we'd take turns in picking rides and it was my turn now!...so MIB it was!!! Walking briskly past "Back to the Future" which was the unanimous choice for naffest ride in the world ...we entered MIB. I can only repeat what I said in my first report "DO IT!!...joint best ride in Orlando along with Spidey..... We got in a car with 3 girls of about 18 years old....Oh, well......and off we went destroying aliens and not a few innocent bystanders in the process! Remember to listen for Will Smith's EMERGENCY call to get your big bonus score.... I defy anyone out there to get off this ride without a big smile on their face...we did the ride 5 times in a row( we were acting like 2 kids..not father and daughter )and loved it every time!!!!
By now it was time for the Wild, Wild,Wild West Stunt Show, we'd had a great time at this before so in we went and had just as good a time again, it's really funny and the stunts are brilliant a definite 10/10. the only slight downer was a loud American lady (and I do mean LOUD ) who sat directly in front of us .....but it's amazing the effect an "accidental" knee prodding you in the back has .....she was soon out of our life!
Continuing our anti-clockwise journey we headed for Earthquake. If you remember on our first visit Callum volunteered during the pre-show.......DD and myself decided a low profile and lack of eye-contact was called for.....the only problem was there so few volunteers the CM ( who was about 12 years old!! ) was nearly in tears.."We ain't got enough volunteers to do the show.." he wailed. Yeah , so what, I can wait....In we trooped eventually, usual hammy show...then onto the trams. I LOVE this part, it may be an older ride but it still cuts it!! and judging by the screams around us a lot of people agreed with our thoughts.
We mulled over whether or not to to Monsters eatery but agreed not to , we knew what the portions at Jungle Jim's would be like....so instead we slid over to Kongfrontation. On our first report we expressed disappointment with this ride , although we thought it had something to do with the attitude of our world-weary driver. It did....because this was an entirely different experience. Our driver was manic !! She acted like it was her first time on the ride and she was shocked by the announcements and eventual sightings of Kong. DD, who thought it was "OK" first time round was open-mouthed today and screamed like good-un when Kong grabbed us!! From a 5..this ride was transforned into a 9+, if you go on it and get a poor character as your driver give it another go...we're so glad we did!!!
Emilia decided we'd done the biggies and I agreed so off we went.......but you know there are times when you have a hidden agenda..and this was one of those times! Going through Citywalk Emilia gave me a sidelong look ( inwardly I was praying she was going to say what I wanted to hear!!! ) " Daddy, can we have a quick go on the Hulk " Be still my beating heart!!!!! " Ok then , " I said magnanimously.....while saying YES, YES, YES to myself. Be fair I couldn't have asked her , could I ? but I'm relieved she asked me , mind you I know she wants something the second she calls me "Daddy" and not "Dad".....We very nearly tripped along hand in hand , through the gates and onward to the HULK....this 14 day pass was taking some hammering! As we went over the bridge to the HULK Emilia saw the Green Gremlin...a horrible sight it was too! I asked if she wanted her photo taken and over she went. The Gremlin said " Whaddya want ! " in a fierce voice, DD said " A photo , please" and stood next to him/her/it. The GG snarled "turn round so I can pull your hair out, you brat ! " and Emmy dropped her head in her hands and burst out crying, you could hear her a mile away....the GG was definitely VERY rattled , dropped to his knees , put his arm around her and explained he was only playing, and apologised profusely. I was about to smack him between the eyes for upsetting DD when Emmy lifted up her head and started laughing..." Gotcha ! " she shouted at GG
..and ran back to me and hid behind my back ...just in case! Poor GG was mortified , not least because a small crowd was laughing at him and an American family came over and asked Emmy if they could take HER photo!!! Now it was her turn to be mortified.......they'd seen the little scenario and obviously found it amusing!..but she bravely posed with them!
To be fair to GG he stood his ground .
We eventually got on Hulk ( 3 rides ), followed by 2 goes on Spiderman then decided enough was enough and headed for the car, only pausing to ensure GG hadn't brought his mates to sort us out!

A 10 minute ride saw us at Jungle Jim's ......oh, great Budweiser on a 2 for 1 offer and I'm driving !?!
Lunch ( a very late lunch ) was Chicken tenders for DD and my usual baby back ribs....even more Yummy than before if possible. JJ definitely have one of the better souvenir kid's cups BTW.....and a killer menu for kids to draw on. Definitely recommended as a reasonably priced restaurant for families ...but insist on sitting in the booths at the back of the place, by far the best surroundings and atmosphere!!!

From JJ's it was a couple of minutes to the PremiumOutlets Mall....I'm no shopping fanatic but I'd go here any time!! DD was a bit reluctant until I explained she could have a prezzie too, whooaahhh...a quick about turn there in attitude Emilia!!
We picked up a Buffalo Bill top for Callum from Nike , a bargain at $12 , some more beanie outfits for DD's expanding collection of beanies ...then up to the Character Premiere Shop which is 100% Disney. This place is fantastic, if the stock is end of season or whatever you can't tell. Everything was wonderful and looked absolutely new to me ...I'm certainly no Disney expert and it may well be older stock but I defy anybody to tell it from new!!
we picked up Mickey and Minnie soft toys in AK outfits, some Pirates of the Caribbean toys along with Jiminy Cricket , Princess Jasmine and some pens and pencils for the kids friends back home. It was great watching DD's expression in this shop , from a super-cool 9 year-old she's transformed into a little girl again...Disney certainly weaves magic on kids!
Suitably armed with bags of plunder we headed for home.....feeling a little guilty that we'd had such a great time (but only a little!)
Back home I was delighted to find Callum was virtually 100% again, Juliet said the rest really had sorted him out. He was back to his usual chattering self so we knew he was OK. DW had also enjoyed a day by the pool and looked distinctly brown !! She tans very quickly unlike Mr. Milkbottle here.
Callum was up to going out for food so we allowed him to choose...he plumped for MacDonalds!!!!! Oh, well........

Saturday was to be our last day in Orlando and was virtually a full day since we didn't fly until 6.50 p.m. We resolved that Callum would choose where we'd go....in view of his brave face when ill ....and he decided after no hesitation at all that we were going to Seaworld..........

Tomorrow, Day 15...has it really been 2 weeks already???????

Mike

Mike,

Have enjoyed readin yer reports again.

I had these on me hard drive from printing them off last year so took the opportunity to post them back for our archives. But......
...if you remember, you only did Day 15 months later after serious threatenin by Valerie and ,as such, I haven't got that one to post.

I'm hoping you've got a copy. If not you owe it to yer fans to cobble together another Day 15 from memory.

Regards,

DaveSD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter