Mike- Two & Two Kids, please .Day 13.Yacht & Beach Club and MORE!!!

UK Valerie

TRUST NO-ONE
Two & Two Kids, please .Day 13.Yacht & Beach Club and MORE!!!

Well, the intention today was to go to ...Guess where?...yes, Sizzlers!!!!...again but the best laid plans...
Callum had a rough night which resulted in me going to an all-night pharmacy at 2.30 a.m., he had flu-like symptoms and a hot temperature. After dosing him with Mitrol ( the U.S. equivalent of Calpol...) he slept but we thought that our day at Y&B Club was off. When Callum woke ( about 9 a.m. ) he announced he was a lot better and wanted to meet his new American friend Gabe..both of the boys are Pokemon freaks plus Callum wanted to give Gabe some KSC souvenirs...nice child!

We had breakfast and set off for Y&B Club, we'd decided to park up at the Boardwalk Villas and have a saunter around before meeting up with Steve and co. Duly, we arrived at the entrance to the Boardwalk villas at 10 'ish, and were asked by security "Can we help?" I explained we were meeting some friends and we were waved in with a cheery smile. At this point it occurred to me it would be really easy to blag your way into the place( as if....!! )we could have been lying through our teeth!
We found a parking space and had a little wander....this is one VERY nice piece of Disney property indeed!! Even the building work by the Villa Reception area looked classy....
To be honest we didn't really take in all the shops etc. but I do recall thinking this looked like you'd imagine America to be in the 30's....I know where to go should we ever win the lottery!
We'd been to the Y&B Club at night but if anything it was even more impressive in daylight, as we walked to our meeting area ( by the booking office ) we wandered through the pool area, if you haven't been before this is magnificent. It's done out as beaches with interconnecting bridges and the waves lapped on the shore....I can't adequately describe it but be prepared to say "WOW" several times ...I guess you can tell the newcomers to this area by the open mouths and incredulous stares!!! As arranged Steve was at the booking office smiling as usual!! He greeted us all with a big hug ( steady on , old boy , I'm British..a firm handshake will suffice )and trooped us toward his crew. Big mistake ...I didn't realise when they'd invited us over that they meant for swimming!!!!!!..and no-one was prepared i.e. NO COSTUMES!! As it happened Callum wasn't up to going into water , he really wanted a quiet day.....Steve too is not a water babe so he was quietly delighted I was unprepared. Unfortunately, once we 'd settled round our beach chairs DW and DD decided a dip would be ideal . Towels weren't a problem since the Y&B Club have a free supply of towels in their equally free cabanas...classy or what?!
I was sent off with DD to buy 2 swimming cossies.......any colour for DW as long as its plain...Hey, would you trust your better half to buy you a swimming costume? DW had no choice...she'd brought no cash(how convenient). So, DD, me and Miriam , her new friend headed to the Beach Club shop.....and located the swimwear section. DEAR GOD...HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe the prices , it wasn't just Callum who was feeling poorly..his dad was feeling none too well either! The outcome was the two most expensive costumes in the world...since you're asking it was $ 42 for DD and $78 for DW , oh, yes ....PLUS tax....I could have had a swimming pool built for that price!
Still, the two girls never saw me flicker , I pretended it was no big deal...while sobbing inwardly.
Returning to DW , I handed over the receipt and costume , in that order! DW smiled , then grinned, then giggled...very amusing Juliet. The female contingent went off to swim while the boys sat in the very pleasant shade, it was the warmest day so far at about 85 degrees , and very pleasant. We chatted about how much we'd enjoyed the Illumination Cruise etc, and Steve told us about life in Seattle ......all over a couple of very pleasant cool drinks ( non-alcoholic!) Callum was pretty quiet but holding up , luckily Gabe was similarly restrained , the after effects of several hard WDW days! The girls came back an hour or so later , they'd been in the pools and jaccuzzi.....so what! We ordered lunch from one of the flow of waiters who continually pass by....this really is the life for me!
Burgers all round except for the two ladies ....salads for them(Yawn)...and nothing for poor Callum. Our waiter, Bernie asked what was wrong with Callum , we explained and Bernie said he needed to keep hydrated. To our surprise he re-appeared after serving our lunches with a bottle of Gatorade...he explained this was a sports drink ....whatever it was ( and I know one of you DIS'ers is going to tell me ) it worked wonders on Callum who perked up no end ! BTW if you eat al fresco at the Y&B Club...watch out for the blackbirds, they're lethal!! These things gather around like a scene from Hitchcock's movie The Birds...the second you drop anything..BANG they're on it!!!Apparently they're renowned for this behaviour , but be warned!

After lunch more relaxing in the sun followed , interspersed only by the females disappearingly from time to time for a swim while the boys got into serious Pokemon discussions.
By about 4.30 everyone was winding down, the girls were back in civilian clothing, the new costumes were safely under armed guard and I was wondering when we'd part company again...when Christie announced that we were invited back to their rooms at the Polynesian to watch the MK fireworks if that was OK....Eerrmmm, let me think about it!!
It was agreed that Steve would take Christie's kids back to the Poly.on Disney transport , we'd use the car with Christie as our guide and to explain we were her guests in case of awkward security.
They had adjoining Lagoon View rooms....how much do they cost!??!!?? DW and I exchanged glances.....blimey, this was NICE!! The fireworks were fantastic as usual ,but without sounding ungrateful , it's not the same as being in the actual park .....I hope that doesn't make me sound horrible . It was terrific , but you know what I mean about actually being in the middle of it all.
Unfortunately, Callum was feeling really poorly again, he'd actually been lying on Gabe's bed since we arrived at the Poly. and missed the fireworks...poor mite...we decided it was best to get him home, so said our goodbyes yet again...Steve, please stop hugging me!!! We resolved to keep in touch ( doesn't everyone!? ) and waved a very sad goodbye to some truly wonderful people who'd enhanced an already wondeful holiday.
Back at the villa it was off to bed for Callum, while I went for food, Chinese...I'd missed it over the last few days!!
No plans for Day 14...let's see how Callum bears up.

Mike

BTW , we HAVE kept in touch with Steve & Co. , the girls have become pen-pals,
we regularly swap e-mails and are hoping to meet up again in Nov/Dec.
2001.......doncha just love a happy ending!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!