Might be silly question.. but Burgers?

CaperRD

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
I know the ‘rules’ around cooking meat at restaurants is different in the USA than Canada. If you order a burger or ground meat of any sort (think nachos), does it come less than well done?
I’m not a fan of anything undercooked. Pink meat turns my stomach. I’m a wuss!
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Ask for it well done.

Generally speaking things like nachos will be fully cooked if made with ground beef. Burgers at fast food joints are usually well done and at sit downs you can specify (usually) how you want it done.

Speaking of burgers if you end up in Disney Springs you have to go to D'Luxe Burgers... they have the best burgers and fries just like you expect them to be, big crispy on the outside and nice and soft inside. Milkshakes are also some of the best I've ever had. If you're on the dining plan it's a terrific deal because we found it was easy to share.

I don't think I've ever had a burger at anything less than medium well. I like the griddle top "smashed" style (think Five Guys or Burger's Priest) a little better than the greasy spoon "meatloaf" style (think Lick's or Weber's), but as long as it's a tasty burger I'm good.

tenor.gif

A warning about d’luxe burgers. If you don’t like pink, I’d suggest asking for well done. I ate most of mine but left the middle as it was too pink.
My normally easy going husband barely ate any of his (pinker than mine).

Hi all!
I know the ‘rules’ around cooking meat at restaurants is different in the USA than Canada. If you order a burger or ground meat of any sort (think nachos), does it come less than well done?
I’m not a fan of anything undercooked. Pink meat turns my stomach. I’m a wuss!
Any advice greatly appreciated.
I’m Canadian and I just always make sure to ask for my burger to be well done when I visit the US. I’ve never ordered nachos or beef tacos but I’d think the scrambled fried beef would be fully cooked.

Speaking of burgers if you end up in Disney Springs you have to go to D'Luxe Burgers... they have the best burgers and fries just like you expect them to be, big crispy on the outside and nice and soft inside. Milkshakes are also some of the best I've ever had. If you're on the dining plan it's a terrific deal because we found it was easy to share.

A warning about d’luxe burgers. If you don’t like pink, I’d suggest asking for well done. I ate most of mine but left the middle as it was too pink.

We love Dlux, but the last time, mine came to me bleeding. Now even for me that was too underdone. They do say and serve theirs pink, you can ask for well done. The last time was an exception. I will second their shakes.

Your killin me! LOVE D'Luxe Burgers. Can't wait to get back there. Mmmmmmmm.

We love Dlux, but the last time, mine came to me bleeding. Now even for me that was too underdone. They do say and serve theirs pink, you can ask for well done. The last time was an exception. I will second their shakes.
Must admit i neglected to add that since I have dietary issues already to deal with i spoke to the chef and made it clear that i like my burgers cooked well done so the whole "my burger is still mooing" is never an issue :P

One of our D-I-L has her Master's Degree in Public Health and when someone asks her how she wants her burger cooked her answer is always "160 degrees please" :rotfl:

Love D-Luxe burgers. Best burger in WDW. I always ask for mine well done. I’ll be there soon! Now I’ll have to try their shakes, thanks :upsidedow

We travel to the states fairly often (once or twice per year) and I'm still always taken by surprise when they ask me how I want by burger cooked. As others have said I try to remember to ask for well done but I have eaten a few "pink" burgers in the past because I forgot to specify and I'm too canadian to send it back. :rolleyes2

We are in the states 8-12 a times a year. They do ask how you want your burger cooked at non-fast food. My wife used to say medium rare. I've made the bold move of correcting her in front of waitresses that she should at least get medium well for hamburger meat. I looked like a jerk every time.

And here I get sad when I'm in Canada and realize that I can't order my burger medium... different strokes for different folks clearly.

Just ask for it well done and you'll be accommodated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!