Mid October trip, buy tickets now or wait till reservation system announced?

I called Disney directly, they were very nice and said they have several similar calls. It took about 15 minutes on hold.

October is a long way off. As time goes on, more restrictions will be relaxed, Disney will increase capacity, etc. I wouldn't stress too much about it now.

Unless the talk of this Fall being bad turns out to be true and that flips everything back off.... or at the very least keeps these restrictions in place.

I called Disney directly, they were very nice and said they have several similar calls. It took about 15 minutes on hold.

I also bought tickets today through a 3rd party vendor for my upcoming DVC rental in August and was able to link my tickets directly through the DVC app. Is there a piece here required by bast cast memebe intervention that I may be missing? I want to make sure that I'm covered if possible.

Thanks!

I was just able to link tix for October through the website. It took about 5 minutes in the queue for the login but once I was logged in it was as if it were normal.

I also bought tickets today through a 3rd party vendor for my upcoming DVC rental in August and was able to link my tickets directly through the DVC app. Is there a piece here required by bast cast memebe intervention that I may be missing? I want to make sure that I'm covered if possible.

Thanks!

I think you are good to go now, I wasn't able to get the website or the app to work earlier. That is why I called. Sounds like you can do it online now.

Thanks for the suggestion to get tickets from a 3rd party now. I’ve linked them to my account but the dates don’t show up. Is that typical?

Does anyone know if I buy base tickets today from a 3rd party for our November trip, if I can upgrade them at a later date to park hoopers? I would typically get hoppers but am concerned with the reservation system if park hopping will even be allowed?

Unfortunately you real can not assume anything from past experiences applying to the current situation.

We have a trip booked for December 2020 for 6 nights. I already have my 5 day pass for DH and myself. I know December is a ways off but how does anyone know if they will be able to have entry to parks for all the days of their tickets? My kids and grandkids have not bought their tickets, yet. I hope that won't be an issue by then. We don't even know if our trip will really be able to happen so I don't want anyone spending money for their family on tickets too far in advance of the time we can make FPs.

I'm a little confused about all of this, as I'm sure many others are.

I know everything is up in the air and no one can project what will happen but I believe my November trip may be ok. I am booked at Dolphin instead of a Disney resort. I wonder if that will be included in the priority for reservations for the park. I also don't have tickets. What do you think? I would like to see Disney let all reserved guests buy tickets and Swan and Dolphin be included. We would accept a cancellation if an emergency occurs .

I know everything is up in the air and no one can project what will happen but I believe my November trip may be ok. I am booked at Dolphin instead of a Disney resort. I wonder if that will be included in the priority for reservations for the park. I also don't have tickets. What do you think? I would like to see Disney let all reserved guests buy tickets and Swan and Dolphin be included. We would accept a cancellation if an emergency occurs .

This is all they have about tickets...hopefully we’ll know more soon. They also said no new reservations so they can focus on existing ones. I think that’s good news. No word on “Good Neighbors”.
  • New Ticket Sales: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. Additional details will be shared with these Guests soon. New ticket sales will resume after that period of time.

Bought tickets this morning from UT and the transaction went through, but haven't as much as received a confirmation email about the tickets let alone received the electronic ticket numbers. Tired calling their phone number and got a voicemail, then was directed to a mailbox that is full so couldn't even leave a message.

Does anyone have opinions on buying date-based vs. flexible tickets? I want to buy from Sam's Club. I have an AP, but my family does not. I have room reservations for all of us for October, but only my AP linked. I'm afraid of Disney only allowing me to make park reservations. I'm also afraid of needing to change dates depending on what happens with school (both kids and my university) and virus second wave.
Should I buy them tickets now, or will Disney let me do so when it's my turn to make a park reservation?
Should I buy tickets for the dates I have a room reservation, or is this the time to spring the extra $500 ($100/person) for flexibility? If I buy dated tickets and need new dates, is it a big deal to change?

Does anyone have opinions on buying date-based vs. flexible tickets? I want to buy from Sam's Club. I have an AP, but my family does not. I have room reservations for all of us for October, but only my AP linked. I'm afraid of Disney only allowing me to make park reservations. I'm also afraid of needing to change dates depending on what happens with school (both kids and my university) and virus second wave.
Should I buy them tickets now, or will Disney let me do so when it's my turn to make a park reservation?
Should I buy tickets for the dates I have a room reservation, or is this the time to spring the extra $500 ($100/person) for flexibility? If I buy dated tickets and need new dates, is it a big deal to change?

no one knows for sure, but I would STRONGLY think that only people with tickets linked to account already will get priority to reservations, and there will NOT be an add on option.

Yup, I have a room reservation for Oct 21-26 but no tickets because I did not want to have separate tickets in case of free dining and also had tickets I wasn't sure (now know) I would be able to use this summer. I really hope I am not screwed since I did not have tickets yet.

I too have room only reservation, I am attending a conference in Orlando and was planning to buy the tickets with the conference discount. I called today and was not allowed to add tickets to my reservation.

If you don't have tickets yet the worrying part is "Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold".

Nothing about existing room only reservations.

And tickets can´t be added to them as of today :(

I really hope they send an email to those with room only and add the option to buy the tickets for as many days that you are staying there. Otherwise we will have to cancel. I can´t even be sure that the conference will take place, and there is no point taking all the family to Orlando if we can´t visit the Disney parks.

Bought tickets this morning from UT and the transaction went through, but haven't as much as received a confirmation email about the tickets let alone received the electronic ticket numbers. Tired calling their phone number and got a voicemail, then was directed to a mailbox that is full so couldn't even leave a message.

I hope you will be able to link. I am considering doing this, but at this point, what I really wanted was to add the tickets to our room only reservation, this way, if we need to cancel, we are not out of a bunch of $$ (we don´t know if postponing will work for us, so I don´t want to have that much money tied on future tickets).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!