Mid October trip, buy tickets now or wait till reservation system announced?

jacobzking

Mouseketeer
I realize no one knows how this will work yet. But maybe based on Shanghai, or other logical thought process... should I buy our 6 day tickets now, before they announce the reservation system (in hopes it will "lock us in") or do I wait till reservation system is announced and hope we can get our dates? DVC rooms already booked. Flight already booked. October 9-17th.

We are just going to wait until FastPass reservation time for our end of September trip. That will give us 10 days after opening to decide how things are looking/going to play out. I don’t want to sink that much cash into something that may not work out well for us.

Yeah, I already have tickets for Halloween week....don't know how that's going to pan out with the reservation system....

They posted an update to the WDW website, for the near future existing ticketholders will be contacted about setting up a park reservation.

Awesome....so many sites updating....I hadn't seen that one yet.....thanks for the info. :)

Yup, I have a room reservation for Oct 21-26 but no tickets because I did not want to have separate tickets in case of free dining and also had tickets I wasn't sure (now know) I would be able to use this summer. I really hope I am not screwed since I did not have tickets yet.

Yup, I have a room reservation for Oct 21-26 but no tickets because I did not want to have separate tickets in case of free dining and also had tickets I wasn't sure (now know) I would be able to use this summer. I really hope I am not screwed since I did not have tickets yet.
Those with WDW room reservations were included. In fact I assume they may reach out to those with reservations before those (like me) with just tickets, based on dates too likely.

"Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon. "

I am not trying to sound negative but I am not happy right now with everything this summer and never thought my October trip could be in "jeopardy". I do not if you are just reading it more optimistically than me but it is that "AND" in "guests with existing tickets and reservations" that gives me the most pause and worry.

I am not trying to sound negative but I am not happy right now with everything this summer and never thought my October trip could be in "jeopardy". I do not if you are just reading it more optimistically than me but it is that "AND" in "guests with existing tickets and reservations" that gives me the most pause and worry.

If you don't have tickets yet the worrying part is "Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold".

Nothing about existing room only reservations.

It has been a while since I have been to Disney World. I have a reservation where I included tickets. Does that mean that I have tickets (in the language of their opening) even though I haven't made my final payment yet?

It has been a while since I have been to Disney World. I have a reservation where I included tickets. Does that mean that I have tickets (in the language of their opening) even though I haven't made my final payment yet?

yes.

Above you mentioned you were holding off on buying tickets to try to get free dining. It seems as if you are trying to find deals and then not happy when there isn't a deal, but that's sort of how it works.

I wonder if they will take into consideration when you bought your tickets/made your reservations when it comes to figuring out who gets to go in?

October is a long way off. As time goes on, more restrictions will be relaxed, Disney will increase capacity, etc. I wouldn't stress too much about it now.

I decided just to buy the tickets needed today from a 3rd party and link them, no we have “existing” tickets and are covered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter