Mid Jan lack of Entertainment

coolmark18

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I've visiting Mid January and even though the entertainment is 'online' there seems to be nothing listed?
Is Disneyland really slow to publish entertainment and just post it to display the hours? Or is there really nothing going on in Disneyland Park?
I've been to Disney mid January and while the entertainment wasn't constant, they at least had a couple of shows, Dapper Dans etc.

Any ideas?

Entertainment is always slow to post, but it does seem that January has been painfully slow. I think it might have something to do with the new Mickey's Magic Mix show, and the return of Soundsational. Maybe they're still just getting the schedule together? The Columbia is going down for refurb starting on Jan 22 (unknown return date), so it is likely that F! will not be showing during that refurb.

Agree it’s been painfully slow uploading entertainment. Hopefully they will sort out the issues soon and populate your dates. I agree with the previous poster that it’s likely they are still figuring out the new projection show, Soundsational, and how the refurbs will impact F! And also maybe dealing with WOC and if that is coming back in January or not. :scared:

I sure would like to see some entertainment as well. We're going January 8-11 & there is nothing aside from storytelling listed. Good to know they might still post some things !

I'm also going in mid January for my birthday. I hope they have some type of parade

I'm also going in mid January for my birthday. I hope they have some type of parade
I’m going to guess there will be no parade between the end of Christmas fantasy on Jan 6 and soundsational’s return at the end of January. I’m going to take a big assumption that either fantasy in the sky or remember dreams come true will show on the one weekend in between the end of believe in holiday magic and the start of the new Mickey firework show.

Yep, Fantasy in the Sky is on January 11. I'm guessing no parade as well - do you think they'll add some atmosphere entertainment?

Hello,

I've visiting Mid January and even though the entertainment is 'online' there seems to be nothing listed?
Is Disneyland really slow to publish entertainment and just post it to display the hours? Or is there really nothing going on in Disneyland Park?
I've been to Disney mid January and while the entertainment wasn't constant, they at least had a couple of shows, Dapper Dans etc.

Any ideas?

Yes, Disney has been slow to publish entertainment scheduled recently. If you click on my profile, and look at my post history from September and October, you will see multiple posts where I was lamenting the lack of scheduled entertainment for our November 2018 trip (We were in the parks Nov 4-6, 8, and 9.) Even the last day of Jedi Training on November 4th was not added until a couple of weeks out, which caused much angst in our trip planning.

Ultimately the schedule was fine by the time of our trip, but it was frustrating, especially since we thought that at 60 days out there was going to be a full schedule published.

I'm curious to know if anyone has called the dining line about F! packages after Jan 21, and what you were told. Not that I think the CMs on the dining line are a trustworthy source of information, but I'm curious just the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter