Mid- Feb 2019 visit hotel and park questions

yera2290

Earning My Ears
Our family of 3 would like to visit during Winter break for our daughter but it happens to be a busier time of year to visit. So, I'm thinking of staying at Royal Pacific so we get express passes. I priced out a lesser expensive hotel and purchasing express passes but the savings wasn't much.

So, my questions are:
1) Do the express passes make a big difference during peak times? Say there's a 90 min wait on a ride how much quicker would the express really be?

2) Would it be feasible to keep some yogurt and hard boiled eggs in the room for breakfast? It says there's a mini fridge, I'm wondering how much it might hold. We rarely if ever get hotels and prefer to book Airbnb when traveling so that we don't need to go out for breakfast. I also plan to bring along some snacks and adult beverages for the room.

3) I can't determine if parking is free for hotel guests? I think it is but the wording was confusing...

4) Our daughter is 10 and doesn't ride roller coasters. We will mainly be focusing on Harry Potter with a few other rides mixed in (I haven't researched other rides at all at this point). Is 2 days enough? Since we'll have 4 days passes due to the current promo I'm trying to figure how long we should book the hotel for. I also thought about staying somewhere less the first night (we'll be driving from Atlanta) and then switching over but that might be a pain.

Thanks all!!

It is extremely worth it during busy times to stay in the hotels with express pass. You sure can keep breakfast items in the fridge in your room. Parking is not free for hotel guests. I would try to do at least 3 days at the parks. There really aren't a ton of roller coasters.

Thank you! I'm thinking 3 days would be nice so we can take it easy and leave when we feel like it, not have to cram everything in.

At the busiest of days, express pass waits are usually around 15 minutes for most attractions. So that VS 90min+ is a huge bebfit/difference

And there's tons more great stuff than just the Potter areas so you can definitely get your money's worth with a 3 or 4 night stay. Since RPR is so close to the parks (approx 15 min door to door) it's easy to take mid day breaks to go back to the hotel for a rest, enjoy the pools etc.

Early February (up to the 15th) seems quiet, according to the crowd calendars so you might get away without Express Passes on weekdays during this time. After that, it seems to get busier.

Car Parking is around $22 a night (plus tax) if I remember correctly (might be a dollar or two either side). There are plenty of non-roller coaster rides to do. In fact since the Dragons closed down, there is only the Hulk, the Rocket and The Mummy that I'd classify as roller coasters. All the other rides are simulators etc.

The fridges are a decent size in the RP so you'll fit all you need into them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter