mid afternoon arrival strategy

tarheel

Mouseketeer
I have read some other thread about what to do on a Wednesday, but what about a mid afternoon arrival? We will most likely be able to head to the park between 1-2pm. It's just me and my kids ages 10 and 7. My thought was to head to Space Mountain and Tomorrowland. We have a AAA package and can get fastpasses for everything. I will most likely save Fantasyland for EE the next morning. So do you agree that Tomorrowland is a good start? Then where? We have no fear problems or height issues. Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks.

I would advise getting a fast pass for Splash first...all the days we were there last week the fastpasses were gone before three and the lines were at 50-85 minutes long for standby. I personally liked that part of the park better for a start, you have indy, Haunted, Pirates, Jungle, Splash and Pooh all there together and more theming.

In our experience this past weekend, Space Mountain was the hardest FP to get. If that ride is one of your favorites, not a bad idea to plan around riding it.

Since you have the enhanced fast pass, why don't you get one for Buzz and Space Mountain first thing, then head over to the train station (grab a FP for Autopia on you way if you want). Then take a leisurely train ride over to New Orleans Plaza, grab FP for Haunted Mansion (if available-not sure when you are going but they only have them during the Nigtmare Before Christmas holiday overlay). Head back to Critter Country, get the FP for Splash, ride Pooh, go back and ride Pirates. Then see what FP you can use now and make your way to each? But be sure to get a FP for Indiana Jones before you leave that area!

Excellent ideas! I can't wait! I leave three weeks from today! I know I've said it before, but thanks everyone for the ideas. I feel so unsure of myself going to DL instead of WDW.

The only problem with the above advice is persuading your kids to walk straight through Fantasyland without stopping on their first day.

We got there and my kids (then 6 and 9) wanted to go straight on Dumbo and all the other rides.

Good luck with the plan, but my experience is kids will pretty much decuide what you do and when you do it. Grabbing some fastpasses is a good idea though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter