Mickey's Very Merry

robert chapman

Earning My Ears
So I need some help from some parents that have some experience with my scenario. Here is my dilemma.

I am taking my 3 yr old to Disney World this December (15th-18th). It is our first father/daughter trip of which I hope is many. Obviously, I'm planning to make it a short trip. Hollywood Studios (for Toy Story Land) on Sunday and Magic Kingdom on Monday.

My dilemma is, Mickey's Very Merry is going on Sunday while we are there. The money isn't an issue. My issue is:
1) Do you feel the party is worth it for a 3 yr old?
2) With us doing Hollywood Studios during the day, do you think trying to do the party that evening too much?

I don't want to push her too much but think she would love the Christmas party.

Thoughts?

I think I would do the party. Especially if it's the only time you think you may be there at Christmas. We did it when our kids were 18 mths and 3 and they loved it.
Now did we get to do a ton - no but we took in what we could and they didn't understand what all they were missing due to lines being too long, etc.
And at that age the snow on Main Street is pretty darn magical to them.

Now did we get to do a ton - no but we took in what we could and they didn't understand what all they were missing due to lines being too long, etc.
And at that age the snow on Main Street is pretty darn magical to them.

When you say the lines were long, how long? Are they shorter than during the regular park hours?

Thank you for responding.

That was years ago but honestly no I don't think lines were any shorter than during the day. Lines to see some of the characters were over 45+ minutes

If you go take a nap in your room or she naps in her stroller well, then I would say yes, but don't expect her to make it to midnight. If you don't plan on doing rides and meeting 1 or 2 characters during the party, you can do the parade and shows followed by fireworks at 10:00 then leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter