Mickey's Very Merry Holiday WEIGHT LOSS Party! December 2016

Please take a moment and tell us about your GREATEST HEALTHY achievement for 2016!
you hit a weight loss milestone? Yes, I hit my goal weight in September

Did you start a new exercise routine and stick with it?
Yes and no. I decided that it's important to be consistent but not that you stick to the same things, it keeps it more interesting. I lost most weight before I joined the second gym but I absolutely love having it and it makes it easy for me to stick to exercise as I always love going there

Have you started eating healthy meals at home more often?

No, actually not really. I decided that being able to eat healthy when out is important skill and compared to previous attempts to loose weight - I ate out a lot more. But I learned I can make healthy choices when out, not always but on many occasions.

Now take some time to think about something that you still struggle with... perhaps it is tracking?

Honestly I hit maintenance and I went to WDW for 2 weeks. Followed by December/
Christmas. I am not going to lie, it's been challenge after challenge. I am just looking to focusing little more or healthy living again and not having any big plans for first 3 months of next year

It was fantastic year for me, I hope next is just as good!

As 2016 draws to a close, this is a great opportunity to REFLECT BACK and to learn from all the year has brought. Please take a moment and tell us about your GREATEST HEALTHY achievement for 2016! Did you hit a weight loss milestone? Did you start a new exercise routine and stick with it? Have you started eating healthy meals at home more often? Perhaps you ran a good number of half marathons this year ;) ?

Even though it is a recent achievement I think I really have to say that managing to cut back on the volume of chocolate I eat has been key in my achieving my biggest scale loss of the year in the past month. Learning to meal plan and shop to cook at home more has also been a success for me. Whilst not consistent I will call that fact that I have been more purposely active this year than any year in quite some time a success.

Now take some time to think about something that you still struggle with... perhaps it is tracking? Or resisting second helpings? Or maybe the drive-thru calls loudly on your way home from work? WHAT IS YOUR PLAN to work on this during 2017??

Ok despite the successes I have mentioned I have to be honest and say I am still struggling with it ALL - but making small gains and successes. My plan is to continue chatting on here with you all, increasing my activity and to continue to touch base with my dietician, doctor and take a more serious view of the effort that is required of me to make this happen but in saying that at the same time make the healthy changes enjoyable and sustainable otherwise I know I will not stick to any of it.

My greatest achievement for 2016 is running, I ran 5 half marathons. I know it might not be as many as some others on here cough cough @courtneybeth but it was a huge improvement from sitting on the couch. I also completed 95% of my training runs this cycle, this is probably the longest I have ever stuck with anything.

I am still struggling with SUGAR! Will this nightmare never end!! LOL. I am thinking about having my sweet tooth surgically removed in 2017 :laughing: but seriously I really need to do something about it. I was reading an article today about sugar and inflammation in your body and it is downright scary. I don't have an answer to my addiction but it is something I seriously need to be working on in 2017.

As 2016 draws to a close, this is a great opportunity to REFLECT BACK and to learn from all the year has brought. Please take a moment and tell us about your GREATEST HEALTHY achievement for 2016! Did you hit a weight loss milestone? Did you start a new exercise routine and stick with it? Have you started eating healthy meals at home more often? Perhaps you ran a good number of half marathons this year ;) ?

Now take some time to think about something that you still struggle with... perhaps it is tracking? Or resisting second helpings? Or maybe the drive-thru calls loudly on your way home from work? WHAT IS YOUR PLAN to work on this during 2017??

Accomplishments: 16 half marathons in 2016. Achieving Healthy BMI.

Struggle: Training and holding myself accountable. I'm a wuss when it comes to cold weather :(

Good morning all.... here it is, your FINAL WOOHOOO WEDNESDAY QOTD for 2016:

Share something that made you say WOOHOO this past week!

Woohoos are:

A relaxed, enjoyable Christmas Day with family.
To feeling more relaxed than I have in a while enjoying vacation with the kids.

We went to see Moana last night ..... I enjoyed it but I wouldn't say I loved it.

Hmm mm woo-hoo. I am on vacation and can just relax now that the festivities are pretty much over.

+++++++++

The allergies I thougot I had yesterday, well I was wrong. It is a cold. This time it is all congestion. I think I have gone through a box of kleenex today. With being off I was able to just rest on the couch today. We have it this time and my daughter seems to be the one that started it. At least we have time to rest.

Tomorrow we are going to Castle noel. It is a museum of Christmas movies. I bought the tickets last week when we were all healthy so we are still going to go. It should be fun.

Woohooing at the 11th hour here - went to an OrangeTheory class tonight! AND signed up for 5 more classes this month. I'll be honest - I didn't love it because it was a serious butt kicking workout and I hate exercise as a general rule haha! But I tolerated it, went at my own pace, and feel like I'm going to feel it in the morning for sure! I did love how well taught it was and super informative basing everything off your heart rate. So I'm going to try it for the month. From there we will see. DH signed up too. Woohoo for a support system!

Exercise takes awhile to figure out what you like Lady Marie, and what makes you feel good and suits you. Here is how my Christmas workout/feel good went on

24th am great workout in the gym, lifting session, yoga, swim, sauna. I felt so awesome putting on my going out outfit after - my husband picked up from the gym. I felt really good about myself
24th pm meal out with family
25th Christmas - a lot of food.
26th a lot of food, not as many activities
27th I felt frumpy, old, tired, and pudgy
28th 9:00am the feeling of oh, what happened to me I feel so terrible and I look dead on my way to the gym
28th 10:00am half way through my workout in the gym - check this out, my new workout top is awesome, I look good!

It's a great confidence and mood booster when done appropriately. In the past I over did it to try to burn calories, or didn't rest enough and end up hating it. Now I think more of my lifestlyle as a program and I rest, if I hate it I move to things I enjoy etc and 99% of the time I love going to the gym. There are occasional days I just get on with it, but most days I look forward

I have found that bootcamp type of workouts or intense cardio does not suit me or do much for me at all. I hated yoga for years and I love it now. I loved running but didn't suit me at all and I was constantly sick and injured. I didn't link it at the time but I learned it doesn't really suit me. I think it takes at least 6 weeks to figure out if it fits you or not. You will find an exercise you like!

I am still struggling with SUGAR! Will this nightmare never end!! LOL. I am thinking about having my sweet tooth surgically removed in 2017 :laughing: but seriously I really need to do something about it. I was reading an article today about sugar and inflammation in your body and it is downright scary. I don't have an answer to my addiction but it is something I seriously need to be working on in 2017.

You can totally change your sweet tooth. Don't forget that 2g of sugar in a salad dressing can't be compared to a mars bar with 20 ingredients and 42.6g of sugar. There is a lot of hype against sugar, but in reality little bit is perfectly ok. In the past, I failed as I tried to cut it completely and while it's easy if you only eat home, not as easy once you are out. In reality 2 grams used in a meal have no negative impact really. But 42g in a chocolate bar do!

On Christmas day I had
serving of trifle after lunch
small piece of Christmas pudding afternoon
few toblerone minis chocolates

On 26th, I felt so drained. It isn't much to do with addiction for me, it's more messing up my blood sugar too much. Perhaps if I only had one of them after a good meal I would be ok. But honestly, I am glad they aren't part of my daily diet and I have no desire of having them back. I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. In fact having them made me like them even less. I absolutely do not enjoy feeling high followed by feeling low. I am not saying I won't have any at all ever, ever but I don't intent to eat them regularly. If I am in Victoria & Albert type of restaurant, yes I would sample a dessert. Toblerone or mars bar, no thank you.

You have a chocolate bar, you get sugar high, you feel good for few minutes, your levels go down, you feel tired, you want to feel good - what do you do, you crave sugar! For some people balance involves having a little every day but for me, just not worth it. I just prefer finding foods I love that support me feeling good and not that leave me feeling drained and unsatisfied

I am in chatty mood this morning!

WhooHoo - Last one for the year!!! OMG, what an year it has been!
I love my new workout program. Even after only week and half I feel it's already starting to work for me and it was exactly what I asked for!
This month
I pushed too much with exercise to try to earn calories
I was little overtired at one point (26th!)
I had too many calories 5 days, but I still didn't overeat to uncomfortable level
I tracked, I owned my actions, I kept to my minimums (10 000 steps daily, 2 lifting sessions a week, tracking even if I go over).
And I noticed the trend and I took the right correction - rest, plenty of healthy food to recharge and recover, stay under my calorie burn last few days.

It's the year that I decided no more on and off plans, that I need consistency, and it all counts, that I need a lot of flexibility to allow me to live in a way that supports my goals but also my happiness and this include the way I eat and I exercise. No more banned foods, no more 100 day challenges, no more putting a workout program ahead of how I feel. Learning to be aware and focus on how I feel, have changed the way I eat and the food I crave. As I want to eat tasty food. But I want to feel great too

It's the year I also decided I won't overeat! When you do a plan, and you let yourself loose after the plan you don't deal with the root of the problem. You don't tackle the true cause - overeating. It's I am going to stick to the plan, I will get to my goal weight, I will go to Disney (Spain, or my birthday party) and I will eat like it doesn't count! I will be good after. But doing so, you don't learn to dislike the over fullness feeling. And if you glamorize excessive eating as a fun vacation experience, it continues to be there as temptation. Learning to enjoy food, all food in moderation but dislike being over full have been challenging but so rewarding in the end.

Until this year, I knew how to loose weight and I knew how to gain weight. I never thought much about maintaining. It's new experience, new learning and I will continue to learn but I feel calm and content that I can handle it.

I googled quotes and this came out and I actually like it. For me, I stopped seeing myself as someone who will always struggle, I stopped comparing myself to my parents, I decided that I own my actions, and they come with consequences and it's me and only me that decides to get out of weight loss/regain cycles and find better way to live and who do I want to be.

quote-this-year-has-been-full-of-lessons-learned-and-soul-searching-and-realizing-i-m-an-adult-nicole-richie-24-48-32.jpg

You can totally change your sweet tooth. Don't forget that 2g of sugar in a salad dressing can't be compared to a mars bar with 20 ingredients and 42.6g of sugar. There is a lot of hype against sugar, but in reality little bit is perfectly ok. In the past, I failed as I tried to cut it completely and while it's easy if you only eat home, not as easy once you are out. In reality 2 grams used in a meal have no negative impact really. But 42g in a chocolate bar do!
You are right, I'm not going to change unless I make that change and I could do it if I really wanted to. I feel like for some reason I'm holding myself back from completely changing my lifestyle. Today I am going to work on less sugar, not cutting out completely but definitely a lot less.

- I didn't love it because it was a serious butt kicking workout
I love the following quote I came across for running when I started and it is so true- It hurts now but one day it will be your warm up- I would repeat it over and over when I could barely run 5 minutes at a time and I'm getting ready to run 6+ hours next week! One day your going to amaze yourself too :)

My Woohoo for yesterday was that it was a much needed rest day!

Today I'm headed to my cousin's wedding 6 hours away. I'm honestly not thrilled to be going but DD5 is the flower girl. It will also be the first time my mom, dad, brothers w/their families and my family will all be together. It's only for a couple days and I guess a good distraction from training.

Hello everone! I am falling behind again... Saw a horrible number on the scale today, but also had a lower percentage of fat and a hinger percentage of water today. So the scale does what it is supposed to do: It shows me if the weight swings are water related or fat related...

However, I am kind of in a bit of a year end depression. Somehow this has been a horrible year for me in many ways. I cannot even say that one big really bad thing happened to me personally, but all around there was so much that was not good. I cannot wait to see the end of the year. I am also ending the year on the highest weight of the year... On a more positive note: I changed my one weight tracking app to a different goal, i.e. just a healthy weight, not a lower goal weight and it has this graph of where my weight was for the last year and surprisignly I spent about 1/3 of the year at a healthy weight or below. That is definitely a good development!!

Feeling like I am coming down with something, so not sure if I want to go for a run tonight or not... I am supposed to run a 5k on Saturday, but since I have not been running in December at all (well, on Monday I ran 4.5km) because I was sick for so long, I really do not feel very motivated for the 5k. I rather want to go and run on my own without having to deal with all the efforts of getting there, getting my bib number and then feeling like a failure because I am so unfit... Really not sure what I want to do. At least I only paid 12$ to sign up for the race and it is for a good cause...

You are right, I'm not going to change unless I make that change and I could do it if I really wanted to. I feel like for some reason I'm holding myself back from completely changing my lifestyle. Today I am going to work on less sugar, not cutting out completely but definitely a lot less.

I really liked @HappyGrape 's comments as well. And I really need to work on this myself. I need to cut out the big sugar items more. The problem is that I still have quite a few really good things around that I do not want to throw away. I need to make an effort to not have more than one small treat every two days though!

In-law visit is going about as well as can be expected. I'm about ready to unleash a primal scream and just start walking home. Two and a half more days.

Very belated Christmas/Hanukkah wishes from me!! I am still struggling with getting back into a healthy living modus - and that includes being active on this thread. I hope everyone had wonderful holidays!

@pjlla I am sorry your son had his first asthma attack on Christmas! I am happy to hear that he is doing better. I was diagnosed with allergic asthma 14 years ago and it is definitely manageable. Don't be afraid of the steroids. The modern ones for inhalation are far less agressive than the original ones and have far less side effects. I have discussed this topic with various doctors and they all seem to agree that the most important part of an asthma treatment regime is to kee the inflammation away as that can cause long term damage. And steroids are great for that. Did he get a peak flow meter? It really pays off to use that regularly in order to catch any change early on.

QOTD:
I am afraid the thing I will remember the most of this Christmas is the massive migraine that I had on December 24 and 25... But besides that, going to a different church for the service on December 24 (Christmas eve is more important here in Germany than Christmas day) was really wonderful. It was just a different church building, still part of my congregation. But instead of going to the big church, we went to the smaller chappel inside the cemetary, which is older really very beautiful. It was a wonderful place for a Christmas service!

I can also add something for older QOTDs...

I did ask for a Withings scale. And I got it!! It measures body composition (as well as weight) and that was important to me as I struggle so much with my crazy weight swings. I hope that seeing that my body has added water, not fat, on those days when it swings up, will help me get less frustrated. The scale also has wifi, so it automatically updates my fitbit app with my weight as well as my weight tracking apps. I really like this. Less room for fuzzy scale math (which I have been guilty off some days). And maybe the nicest thing is: It gives me a weather update!! It shows my weight, then my water, fat, bone and muscle percentages and the end it shows the weather forecast for morning and afternoon with temps and a little symbol (clound, sun, rain, snow etc.).

My favourite Christmas movie is When Harry Met Sally. Not a classical Christmas movie, but the holidays play an important role in the movie. And for me it is a Christmas movie because I saw it for the first time on TV when I was at home for Christmas break during my first year at university.

I really miss you guys! I need to come back here more regularly!!!!!!!!!

Your new scale sounds great! I want one. :)

QOTD for Tuesday, December 27, 2016:

**Imagine a great REFLECTION image of Mulan here.... I couldn't figure out how to save it and upload it from my new Chromebook!:confused:

I'm in significantly worse shape than I was this year so it is kind of hard to pick a greatest healthy achievement. In a sense, I think it is that I know I've hit rock bottom. I can't live my life like this. And I recognize that I can't fix myself without actually making changes.

I struggle with actually making the necessary changes but I'm busy marshaling my resources and getting ready to make 2017 the year of me. I started my annual brainstorming of plans and goals for the next year and I've never before had a list that was so me me me. At first it felt really selfish. But I dig deep and realized that sometimes you have to put on your own oxygen mask first. I can't help anyone if I'm not OK myself. So 2017 is the year of Lily and I'm going to be in a significantly better place this time next year.

A woman I'm not even barely related to (BIL's stepmother) repeatedly telling me to have babies. :scared: The guilt trip they laid on DH and I for leaving early to go to my family's Christmas dinner had no effect after that LOL! Oh, families..... :P

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Greatest achievement this year is that I have cooked soooo much this year! DH and I hardly ever cooked before -- now we are eating so much better!

I'm still struggling with exercising and being motivated to do so. This is why I am going to try Orangetheory. I'm not waiting until January either.... tomorrow I'm going for the trial class with my SIL and get this party started! Haha!

As for me, I think I dealt with the holiday pretty well this year. Mainly because I was exhausted and was just picking at stuff all day. I did have a full on dessert though, and the scale did remind me of that this morning. Only up 0.1 lb though so I am close to meeting the goal. I will be working out this week so I just have to keep my eating in check.

Ah family......

Even though it is a recent achievement I think I really have to say that managing to cut back on the volume of chocolate I eat has been key in my achieving my biggest scale loss of the year in the past month. Learning to meal plan and shop to cook at home more has also been a success for me. Whilst not consistent I will call that fact that I have been more purposely active this year than any year in quite some time a success.

Ok despite the successes I have mentioned I have to be honest and say I am still struggling with it ALL - but making small gains and successes. My plan is to continue chatting on here with you all, increasing my activity and to continue to touch base with my dietician, doctor and take a more serious view of the effort that is required of me to make this happen but in saying that at the same time make the healthy changes enjoyable and sustainable otherwise I know I will not stick to any of it.

I think it sounds like you've had a lot of successes this year. Lots of little things add up!

My greatest achievement for 2016 is running, I ran 5 half marathons. I know it might not be as many as some others on here cough cough @courtneybeth but it was a huge improvement from sitting on the couch. I also completed 95% of my training runs this cycle, this is probably the longest I have ever stuck with anything.

I want my salt tooth removed!!

Accomplishments: 16 half marathons in 2016. Achieving Healthy BMI.

Struggle: Training and holding myself accountable. I'm a wuss when it comes to cold weather :(

Only 16??? Seriously, I'm in awe. I so want to be a runner and I can't make it 45 seconds.

It concerns me that I am struggling so much with answering this question. It's been a pretty good week. I'm just in a MIL imposed funk and it is seriously knocking the woohoo right out of me. Grrrr.

I suppose I'll give the vain answer. I went to get my faculty ID for the class I am teaching next semester and it is seriously the best photo that has ever been taken of me in my life. I don't know what kind of filter they are using but I didn't even think it was me at first. I want it to be my driver's license photo!

On Christmas day I had
serving of trifle after lunch
small piece of Christmas pudding afternoon
few toblerone minis chocolates

On 26th, I felt so drained. It isn't much to do with addiction for me, it's more messing up my blood sugar too much. Perhaps if I only had one of them after a good meal I would be ok. But honestly, I am glad they aren't part of my daily diet and I have no desire of having them back. I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. In fact having them made me like them even less. I absolutely do not enjoy feeling high followed by feeling low. I am not saying I won't have any at all ever, ever but I don't intent to eat them regularly. If I am in Victoria & Albert type of restaurant, yes I would sample a dessert. Toblerone or mars bar, no thank you.

You have a chocolate bar, you get sugar high, you feel good for few minutes, your levels go down, you feel tired, you want to feel good - what do you do, you crave sugar! For some people balance involves having a little every day but for me, just not worth it. I just prefer finding foods I love that support me feeling good and not that leave me feeling drained and unsatisfied

This all makes so much sense. Good advice!

I am in chatty mood this morning!

WhooHoo - Last one for the year!!! OMG, what an year it has been!
I love my new workout program. Even after only week and half I feel it's already starting to work for me and it was exactly what I asked for!
This month
I pushed too much with exercise to try to earn calories
I was little overtired at one point (26th!)
I had too many calories 5 days, but I still didn't overeat to uncomfortable level
I tracked, I owned my actions, I kept to my minimums (10 000 steps daily, 2 lifting sessions a week, tracking even if I go over).
And I noticed the trend and I took the right correction - rest, plenty of healthy food to recharge and recover, stay under my calorie burn last few days.

It's the year that I decided no more on and off plans, that I need consistency, and it all counts, that I need a lot of flexibility to allow me to live in a way that supports my goals but also my happiness and this include the way I eat and I exercise. No more banned foods, no more 100 day challenges, no more putting a workout program ahead of how I feel. Learning to be aware and focus on how I feel, have changed the way I eat and the food I crave. As I want to eat tasty food. But I want to feel great too

It's the year I also decided I won't overeat! When you do a plan, and you let yourself loose after the plan you don't deal with the root of the problem. You don't tackle the true cause - overeating. It's I am going to stick to the plan, I will get to my goal weight, I will go to Disney (Spain, or my birthday party) and I will eat like it doesn't count! I will be good after. But doing so, you don't learn to dislike the over fullness feeling. And if you glamorize excessive eating as a fun vacation experience, it continues to be there as temptation. Learning to enjoy food, all food in moderation but dislike being over full have been challenging but so rewarding in the end.

Until this year, I knew how to loose weight and I knew how to gain weight. I never thought much about maintaining. It's new experience, new learning and I will continue to learn but I feel calm and content that I can handle it.

I googled quotes and this came out and I actually like it. For me, I stopped seeing myself as someone who will always struggle, I stopped comparing myself to my parents, I decided that I own my actions, and they come with consequences and it's me and only me that decides to get out of weight loss/regain cycles and find better way to live and who do I want to be.

quote-this-year-has-been-full-of-lessons-learned-and-soul-searching-and-realizing-i-m-an-adult-nicole-richie-24-48-32.jpg

I hope you stay in a chatty mood! It is really helpful!!

Can you believe 2016 is almost over??!! I have posted the thread ready for January 1, 2017!! When you get a spare moment come on over and save your spot - can't wait to see you all there!!! I am so excited for the New Year!!!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-new-year-celebration-–-january-2017.3567784/

It was a really hot day here today - spent several hours floating in the river this afternoon to cope with it :beach:

Good morning friends! I'm still curled up in bed on what appears to be a bright but chilly day. I've got a cat purring on each side and a dog at my feet and no motivation to stir. Except a need for coffee. DH was not moved to bring me one by the charming emoji-filled request I sent him via text a little while ago so I suppose I'm going to have to brace the cold and go upstairs eventually.

One more day with his family and we head for home tomorrow. We've got party plans tomorrow night and a brunch Sunday morning. And then it is off to the grocery Sunday afternoon for all the things I need to hit it hard on Monday. I'm clear eyed and focused. No more baby steps. Bye bye weight. You are going down.

I'm in awe. I so want to be a runner and I can't make it 45 seconds.
Look into Jeff Galloway, his plans changed my life. I have since gotten away from Run-walk-run but I wouldn't have kept running in the beginning without it. He does all the official training plans for runDisney. If you have never done a runDisney event you should they are amazing!!

Good morning! Happy to report that I'm the same weight that I was at the beginning of the month. I'm ready for a new month to begin so I can go at it again! I think all-in-all this year I am about the same weight I was at the beginning of the year which stinks but I'm not any heavier and lots of things happened to me this year. So I'm going to chalk it up to, hey it's life. And there will be many years down the road like this one. So the importance is to remember that this is a lifetime thing, not a permanent thing. Thanks for all the support this year, friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter