Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

H.Richburg

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first trip home and we have a few questions about the Party.

1) We plan to attend on a weeknight between 12/2 and 12/9. I'm assuming it won't be as crowded on a weeknight. I'm concerned about purchasing tickets ahead of time in case of rain. Does the party tend to sell out on weeknights? Are we risking not being able to attend by not buying tickets in adcance? Suggestions?

2) What discount is available to AP holders?

3) Is these published any where?

4) By the way, what other discounts are available for AP holders? Since we will be coming home this December and again in March, I trying to decide whether it's worth getting the AP exspecially isnce we plan to enjoy our home resort more then the parks, at least duirng our December trip anyway.

5) Any suggestions for a first time attendees? Locations, arrival times, anything?

Thanks in advance & the Happiest of Holidays to All!!!!

I've gone around that time the past 7 years and it has never soldout on a weeknight, just Fridays. I always wait until we get there.

The AP discount is only available on certain nights:
November 29, December 1, 4 and 13

http://allearsnet.com/tp/holiday.htm#mk

You can arrive after 4:00 and use just your MVMCP ticket. I think this gives you a great jump on the party, ride lines are short.

Is it worth it? It is a chunk of extra money. I am really considering going though. It would be on December 1st, so I don't think it would be too crowded yet. Can anyone give any input on this event?

We went last year on December 7, a weeknight and not a sold out night. I thought it was unbelievably crowded. We were there from Dec 5 - Dec 10, I did not find the parks to be that crowded, just the party. I am glad we did it, but I do not think I would rush back again.

i agree with VMS - the parades are really special and the extra fireworks show and definetly get your free photo - but be prepaired to wait in a very long line for that....its worth it 1 time but we wont do it again either...
happy holidays!!!

I guess I'm in the minority here, but we went last year and can't wait to go again this year. Besides the parade and fireworks (new fireworks this year, BTW) we also enjoyed the show in Tomorrowland and in front of the castle. Maybe it's because I am such a Christmas fanatic, but I just love the feel of everything at this party. Have fun if you go!

I have gone every year for several years and LOVE this event.

I find the parades, shows etc to be lots of fun. I don't want the "free" photo so I just skip that line LOL!

It can be crowded and if you go thinking "there won't be ANY lines for rides" you may be disappointed. However, I have often found the lines to be very short. (I did the Halloween Party this year. At 7 PM I was the ONLY rider inside Space Mt. Very strange!)

We are going to our 3rd this year (December 11) and can't wait. This year we plan to see the shows, more than the rides. However, we are bringing friends who also are empty nesters as we are, and who have never been to WDW. Therefore there will be some attractions, like Mickey's Philharmagic and the Haunted Mansion that will not be missed. They did not get park hopper passes and this will be their single chance to see MK.

Getting to the park around 4 is a great plan. We have dinner ressies at LTT for 6. For MNSSHP this year, we used the 6 o'clock hour to eat in Pecos Bills and the time was nicely filled, by the time we finished eating the party was ready to begin.

If you are in the park already, do go to Main Street to see the lights/decorations and the snow that begins when the party opens.
These things aren't "working" before the party.

We have the photo souvenirs from each trip and have never experienced long waits. Look at the options for the pictures, most of the time, even on sold out nights, we waited very little. We've had our best walk-in time in a place by the Jungle Cruise.

We seek out the smaller attractions, like the bell choirs, although they do draw a crowd, we like to hear them. Hot chocolate and cookies make the night special for us, and the fireworks are spectacular.

Have a great trip. During the day after our friends arrive (we'll already be in our room, so they don't have to wait until their room is ready for a place to set their things down), we intend to take a boat to GF, stay there for a bit to hear the music, see the gingerbread house, and then take the boat from there to begin the party around 4.

I'm excited about this trip with these very dear friends who just never thought there would be anything for them to do at WDW!

Bobbi :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter