Mickey's Very MErry Christmas Party worth the $$$

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
We will be in Disney in Dec and we were wondering if anyone who has done the MVMCP thought it was worth the extra $?? What is included? I remember something about the park staying open later for ticket holders. Can you purchase tickets now? Where do you get the tickets? Would it be better to wait so we can choose a night that the weather is nice? Does it sell out fast? Is it very, very crowded once the parks close to people without tickets.? Sorry for all the questions thanks in advance.

I went in 2000 and they emptied the park and then readmitted people with tickets. We got there almost an hour early which at the time I thought was going to be a watse of time, but they had a band out there playing and it was really fun, plus they ended up letting us in a half an hour early. I don't remember if we did any rides, I do remember that is was freezing! We watched the parade which was awesome and went and saw all the special holiday shows which were really cool too. We got free cookies and hot chocolate at different spots throughout the park. I had fun and if you haven't gone before I would recommend it.

My husband and I have went to two parties for each of the last two year. I feel like it is very much worth the extra money. We have a great time and it's just a lot of fun. Tickets are on sale now at either 1-407-WDISNEY or at www.waltdisneyworld.com. I think tickets are around $35 for adults....and I have no idea on children's pricing.

Tickets are $38.29 (tax included) for adults and $27.64 (tax included) for children ages 3-9. There's a $3 s/h fee for regular service.

Our tickets arrived yesterday. It'll be our very first trip to WDW and, needless to say, MVMCP. We're so excited!! We're going to the Tuesday, Dec. 2nd Party.

There are several posts regarding this on this board. There's also lots of information at Deb's site. For MVMCP info follow this http://www.wdwig.com/hol_mk.htm . Basically, her advise is if it's your budget, GO.

Good luck!

Mark

We did MVMCP last year. It was definitely worth it. What was included was a family photo, cookies and hot chocolate, snowing on Main Street!, lots of shows (in particular the one in Tomorrowland where the sing the Partridage Family's Christmas song was wonderful) the lines were not too bad and the parade was held twice.
In fact we made a special trip to WDW to go to the party (and then stayed for 5 days!)

It is worth every cent, you will have a great time. We went again this past year with my cousin and his wife and it was there first trip to WDW and they just loved it also. Get a good seat early for the parade, it is the best parade I have ever seen at WDW.

For us , first went in1992 and each year since then at least once.Two times some years thats why we've been 16 times.So we say it it is worth every dollar you spend on MVMCP ticket.:earsboy: :wave: :earsgirl:Going this year 12/9/03 and 12/11/03

We had Priority Seating at Cindy's Castle just before park closing time. We got our wrist bands before entering the castle so we were ready to go to the party as we exitedl. The first thing we saw was Cindy's Carraige all decorated for Christmas with roses and special lighting. The rest of the night was great as well.
Did I mention we will be there again this year?
Two old mid 50 folk having a Magical good time.
Russ

We went last year and had a good time. However, our children were 2 & 3 at the time and it was very difficult to see any shows. We watched one in Tomorrowland and had trouble seeing. We got in early and waited to get our picture taken. We watched the first parade, then the special Fireworks from Fantasyland. Then we left while the 2nd parade was going down Main Street (seeing the parade from here I would say it is much better to watch it from Main Street.) We will go back, but will wait until ours kids are older and we can enjoy it more.

We went in early December last year. They let everyone who was already in the park stay in Tomorrowland until the party began. Buzz Lightyear, and I think Space Mtn, were open to ride during that hour. We also ate at Cosmic Ray's then. We thought it was worth it. We rode some rides and saw the shows and parade. It was wonderful to be there at Christmas - don't miss the candlelight Processional at Epcot and the Osborne lights att MGM!

NOT a waste of $$$$. You can arrive at the park a couple hours early and enjoy the atmosphere!!! Snow on Main Street, Parade...It is worth it.

We've been going for 4 years

It is definitely worth it! The Christmas atmosphere and extra good cheer is great! The best WDW parade ever! Just don't forget like I did and not get any of the MVMCP merchandise...they take it off the shelves at close. I didn't even think about buying anything till the next day when I saw other people wearing their MVMCP sweatshirts!:(

Last year they were letting people into the parks at 4pm with the MVMCP tickets. We had a PS for dinner at LTT at 5 something (the earliest they would take) and finished dinner right when things got going. Was neat to be there when the parks were mostly empty.

We didn't go into the parks at all the day and saved the $$ on the hopper because we went from 4 - 12 on the MVMCP ticket.

MVMCP is worth every penny.

Nothing, and I mean nothing , beats sitting on Main Street & watching the Christmas parade go by. Especially the Gingerbread house.......mmmmmm.......the smell of gingerbread!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!