Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaniceV

Earning My Ears
Just wanted thoughts and opinions on this. I do have tickets but have never been to any of these type Disney events.

We love it and try to go every year. We take our young children as well. The parade is amazing as well as the fireworks. We love the quick ride lines later in the evening and sneak in some visits with characters when we can.

Try to take it easy that morning, go to the pool and take a nap. That way, you'll have plenty of energy for the evening. We also eat at our resort before heading into the park so we can just play when we get there. You can get in as early as 4:00 with your mnsshp ticket.

We always dress up in costume. Even my husband. He grew a beard just for his costume last year. If you do dress up, try to keep them cool and comfortable, with good walking shoes. There is nothing magical about overheating and getting blisters.

Have fun! Everyone has different priorities at the parties. Decide what your family would enjoy most and go for it. My family would be bored silly standing in line to see the 7 dwarves, but others think it is awesome. We like trick or treating and others think it is a waste of time. You know your family best.

It will also be our first Halloween there, so I'm eagerly reading these replies, too.

The party really is magical. On my last visit my family took it easy on MNSSHP day in the morning chilling at the pool and relaxing. My mom and I are planning on doing it again this fall. You can get in as early as 4:00 so get fast passes between 4 and 5 and then ride all of the other long que rides during the party because they are SO MUCH EASIER TO GET INTO! The fireworks are unique and fun and I would highly suggest making it a priority to see them. IF your family really enjoy some of the more popular rides or characters visit them during the party, it is so worth it! The trick or treating was very fun for my two little cousins when I went with them, the spots are easy to find and Disney provides treat bags for you. The bags are small and each stop gives you a handful of candy so if you know you are planning on going through the whole trick or treating root you may want to bring your own bag. Lastly, dress up! It makes the party so much more fun! The Halloween party is the only time when adults are allowed to dress up at Disney so take full advantage! My whole family dressed up together and it really added more fun to our trip! Enjoy and have a magical stay!

Does anyone know yet which rides and characters will be available during the party?

My sister and I are going to our first MNSSHP this year. Looking forward to the party, wearing costumes, and getting our photo made with the 7 Dwarfs!!!!

They usually have Jack and Sally also go over by the haunted mansion there are often "ghosts" walking around. We went last year for the first time and my little one and I adored it! He is easily scared but loved talking to the ghost. It was the little extra magic we needed since most of our event was rained out and we didn't get to meet any of the special meet and greet characters. Make sure you go to the fireworks. I honestly think it is their best show, but who knows with the new firework night show replacing wishes. But if you like villains it is an additional treat! Be sure to look up costume guide-lines before going they updated them last year! As someone stated before there is trick or treating but honestly we found it a waste of time since I could buy him a bag of candy and we could take advantage of short wait times and the fun going on around the park. The boo to you parade is also one of my favorites at disney! It really is such a fun event!!!!

We absolutely love it. We've been going for 5 years. We usually go in the beginning when there are low crowds. Last year the park was pretty empty and hardly any lines. My toddlers enjoyed the dance party and being able to see all their favorite characters due to the short lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!