Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

I just got a link to take a survey about my experiences at Mickey's Halloween Party. One question asked me about pre-party activities, specifically in Toontown, Fantasyland Theater and at Star Wars Launch Bay. Has anyone happened to be over by Launch Bay to see what was happening in there? When I walked by, I don't recall seeing anything happening in Fantasyland Theater.
View attachment 357096

The second question that was interesting asked me about my interest in attending MHPs at different times of the season. The first period was before parties currently start and the last set of dates were in early November!
View attachment 357097

In the past 2 years Launch Bay was just a treat trail. There had been rumors about a special character meet there, that's why we had gone over. Fantasyland Theater would be new. They had "pre activities" in Critter Country before. Again two trails, but Pooh and Gang were out as well. Kind of what they used to do at the Big Thunder Ranch before.

What time were you wanting to eat dinner? If you want to eat while waiting for the parade or fireworks, then I would choose PI so that you can be close to the action. If you dine earlier, Cars Land really is fun with all the Halloween decorations.
We want to eat around 4:30-5:00 during those crowded 3 hours before the party begins. We will attempt to do a ride or 2 at DCA, but if the lines are too insane, we will just wait around until the party begins. I just wasn't sure what park is better to eat in during that time.

Question: does Mobile Order work at MHP? Or is it not really necessary?

We were there for the first party night (9/19) and while we didn't try to mobile order ourselves, I saw people picking up their mobile orders. It was for Dole Whips around 8:45pm.

• Pumpkin on fire: We've only asked about this one at the Mickey Pumpkin, but the facebook post lists a bunch of other locations this one is available at such as the Castle, the Partner's Statue, Buena Vista St, Hollywood Land, and the Mad Tea Party.

We accidentally got the Pumpkin on Fire 3 times! Twice by the King Arthur Carrousel and once while posing in the tea cup. We were told the ones by the carousel were supposed to be Lumiere and Chip (2 different shots) and the one in the tea cup was supposed to be Chip (and the strange thing is, it initially showed up as Chip in the app). I was very surprised to find later they were all the flaming pumpkin. I wrote to Disneyland Photopass support and asked them if they could change them to what I was told they would be. It took a while, but they were able to. I had already saved off the ones with the flaming pumpkin, so now I have both versions! I did like the flaming pumpkins though, so it was a nice surprise!

I also asked if they would be able to put the Zero magic shot into one of my pictures because we were unable to get it that night. At first they told me they couldn't because we weren't posed correctly, but I think they may have been referring to the ones with us holding the flaming pumpkin. I wrote back and attached one of the pictures taken behind the castle that showed our whole body and asked if they could use that. They were able to add Zero to it and it looks great!

We had tried to get our picture taken twice by the big pumpkin (where I heard you could get Zero), but the first time there was no photographer there and at the end of the night we were too late. They had cut off the line for the photographer and wouldn't let us get in line. I don't know why they can't keep it going longer, it was disappointing. In the end it worked out though. I sure didn't expect them to be able to add it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

As figment_jii indicated, it’s right around sunset when they flip the switch. To give you context, this past weekend it was right around 6:30. What I’m unsure of is whether they keep the time consistent, or if they move up the time as the sun sets earlier. According to the long range sunrise/sunset times anticipated in Anaheim, sunset on your party date is around 6:00.

Thank you, thank you!

We want to eat around 4:30-5:00 during those crowded 3 hours before the party begins. We will attempt to do a ride or 2 at DCA, but if the lines are too insane, we will just wait around until the party begins. I just wasn't sure what park is better to eat in during that time.

If you are planning on spending all of MHP in DL (i.e. not hopping during the actual party hours), then I would eat at Flo's (use mobile order to save time -- it can get pretty crowded at DCA before the party). That way you'll get to enjoy all the Halloween atmosphere in Cars Land before MHP begins. And you'll be able to get some fun photos in your costumes (CL should have PP CMs around), too!

I just got a link to take a survey about my experiences at Mickey's Halloween Party. One question asked me about pre-party activities, specifically in Toontown, Fantasyland Theater and at Star Wars Launch Bay. Has anyone happened to be over by Launch Bay to see what was happening in there? When I walked by, I don't recall seeing anything happening in Fantasyland Theater.
View attachment 357096

The second question that was interesting asked me about my interest in attending MHPs at different times of the season. The first period was before parties currently start and the last set of dates were in early November!
View attachment 357097
Launch Bay is where the AP “corner” is. They sell AP merchandise, have a treat trail and you get a button and postcard. It’s interesting they’re asking this on a survey.

Launch Bay is where the AP “corner” is. They sell AP merchandise, have a treat trail and you get a button and postcard. It’s interesting they’re asking this on a survey.
I thought the AP treat trail was in star trader the old arcade next to Space Mountain?

If you are planning on spending all of MHP in DL (i.e. not hopping during the actual party hours), then I would eat at Flo's (use mobile order to save time -- it can get pretty crowded at DCA before the party). That way you'll get to enjoy all the Halloween atmosphere in Cars Land before MHP begins. And you'll be able to get some fun photos in your costumes (CL should have PP CMs around), too!

We always do plaza inn. It's usually pretty quite and relaxing in there too! So my vote is for the Plaza Inn.
Gah! Now I don't know where to eat lol. So torn.

Gah! Now I don't know where to eat lol. So torn.
You could always do both -- do Flo's in the afternoon during the early entry hours as a main meal to keep you going, then later at the party, have one person hold spots for the parade or fireworks while the other person goes for fried chicken at PI. PI will pack your meal to go (just ask for it to be put on a to go plate -- lids are at the registers). We've snacked on fried chicken while waiting for fireworks (one meal is totally shareable) -- yum! (If you do this, get plenty of napkins!)

Is the first night of the party any more crowded than other nights? It looks like they all sell out, so I don't know if I should be too worried about going to the first party (most likely) in 2019.

Launch Bay is where the Star Wars exhibits are located (along with the Star Wars M&G). They have a treat trail in the building during the party. The AP Corner was over in the old Starcade (behind Star Traders, near the exit to Space Mountain).

Is the first night of the party any more crowded than other nights? It looks like they all sell out, so I don't know if I should be too worried about going to the first party (most likely) in 2019.
No, I didn't think there was much of a difference in terms of crowds between the first and second party. My guess (and it's just a guess) is that they sell about the same number of tickets to all of the parties. The main difference is that at the first party, there is a chance that they'll still be working out the kinks, so some things might be a little chaotic/disorganized (mostly this only happens when something new debuts at the party - like the first year they did the Blue Bayou MHP dining package or the Toontown Pre-Party).

Going to head out soon! :banana:
The weather on my phone is saying there's a 30% chance of rain...yet when I check weatherchannel.com it says 0% chance of rain...which do I believe??:ssst: lol I'll bring an umbrella just in case I guess. I'm hoping there's no rain or wind, we want to see fireworks!

Going to head out soon! :banana:
The weather on my phone is saying there's a 30% chance of rain...yet when I check weatherchannel.com it says 0% chance of rain...which do I believe??:ssst: lol I'll bring an umbrella just in case I guess. I'm hoping there's no rain or wind, we want to see fireworks!
My phone is showing chance of rain/t-storms starting at 8/9pm. Wunderground is showing chance of t-storms starting at 10pm. I’m hoping that it doesn’t rain.

Video of the start of the Fireworks, which might be helpful for selecting a viewing location. This video was shot from the North Spoke of the Hub (requires a VIP Tour), but view is similar from the street in front of the Castle.

Only the first couple minutes, so minimal spoilers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts