Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Hi there. Only a week until our trip, and nine days till our party! :hmghost:

I'm curious if anyone has a picture of the trick-or-treat bag DLR is handing out this year?

Edited for clarity
I don't have a photo, but the Incredibles 2 side of the bag looks very much like the cover of the DVD/Blu-ray that is being released.

Last edited:
So excited to be going to our first party this Friday!! Still haven’t thought of a costume . We plan on sleeping in and going to the parks later in the day. Do the turnstiles get backed up before the party starts? Wondering what a good time to get there would be. We’re staying on Harbor and hoping to avoid a long security line

Thanks for the information! Much appreciated! Do you happen to know if Hades is in Villains Square for most of the party?
I don't recall seeing Hades as much as some of the other villains, but I didn't spend a lot of time down in Villains Square (mostly I was down there before fireworks and the second parade). I did see him at one of the fixed M&G locations (I think it was the one on the right when facing the train station) at the end of the party. Your best bet is to ask one of the character host CMs if they have any info about Hades. Hopefully they'll be able to tell you if he's coming out and if he's at one of the fixed locations or roaming.

Hey Everyone! We’re going to a party this year and looking forward to it! Does anyone have info on premium popcorn bucket and other novelty item costs? Thanks for any info you can share!
As the PP said, the Poison Apple Caludron bucket is $20 and Oogie Boogie is $18. A carton of popcorn has gone up to $5.00, but the round bucket is still $9.00 (two diferent designs; one in DL and once in DCA).
The Green Poison Apple Stein price varies depending on what you get it with (e.g., ice cream sundae versus soda versus frozen slush versus fruit). I think it was about $18 at the Gibson Girl, $16 with a frozen slush at the lemonade stands, or $14 with a soda.
The Headless Horseman glow straw clip and the pumpkin tire straw were $6 (I think).
The Green Poison Apple Glow Cube was $5 (I think)
The Purple Poison Apple Glow Cube is only available at Carthay Circle Lounge and Restaurant with the Poison Apple-tini ($17).
The HalloweenTime Travel Mug was $7.50.
The Coco Jarrita was $14 (I think) and it's ceramic!

What is typically the busiest/longest line time to enter the actual party? Is it busiest during the early-entry window or closer to the start time for the party?
The lines seemed pretty long to get into DL at the start of the early-entry period, but tapered down fairly quickly.

So excited to be going to our first party this Friday!! Still haven’t thought of a costume . We plan on sleeping in and going to the parks later in the day. Do the turnstiles get backed up before the party starts? Wondering what a good time to get there would be. We’re staying on Harbor and hoping to avoid a long security line
The tickets gates for the party get busy before the party starts, but then thin out. Security...I don't really have any good sense of lines. Sometimes it seems just fine, other times the lines are super long. I expected super long lines when the parks open, but it seems like lines can be really bad at any time of the day. I would allocate about 30 minutes for security regardless of the time of day (hopefully it'll be shorter, but at least then you be less likely to be late).

I'm absolutely devastated. I knew things were going too well that I even got to run away for a few days to Disneyland. I even managed to get the cauldron popcorn bucket I wanted (at the popcorn stand near the partners statue if anyone is curious).

My Figment plush (one of the small ones with the magnetic hands and feet) fell off my lanyard for the first time ever today and I didn't see where it happened. I was on the Toy Story bus when I realized and nearly broke down in tears on the bus. I'm going to check with lost and found in the morning and I'm really hoping the karma I've built up from turning in lost pins and tickets over the last few years might hopefully be enough a good person found him and turned him in... But right now I'm pretty much assuming someone just pocketed him.

Sorry I'm whining :(. To end on a positive: I was given the drawing today at Animation Academy. Halloween Mickey. I spent at least a few hours on cloud 9 over that.

Oh no! Sending good thoughts and pixie dust that your Figment is found and turned in. Keep checking with L&F -- sometimes it can take a few days or even a bit longer for things to turn up and get processed. If you can show the CMs a photo, that might help speed things along. But glad that you were able to get your bucket and the drawing. :) Are you going to the party tomorrow? If so, what is your costume this year? I still remember (with envy!) your wings from last year!

Sadly no party. I didn't know until this weekend I could even go (work and possible extension shows made it so I found out last minute I had the time to go) and by then the parties were all long sold out, lol. Oh well.

I did see an almost familiar looking pair of new light up Tink wings in one shop in DCA. Not quite as involved as mine, but it made me feel like a trend setter seeing them.

I actually do have a goal (maybe next Halloween; we've been doing insane shows at work that have just drained me) to make that blue to pink ombre sleeping beauty dress that there's a figurine of on some shops. But we'll see. I also want to do a new version of my Tink wings (improvements) and probably a new outfit.

And crazy thing last night before I went to sleep:
I had put out a plea on basically every social media platform hoping someone would see it that might have found him not realizing how special he is... And on my panda stuffy's Instagram I got a DM from someone local who happens to have an extra and offered it to me.

I'm still going to check L&F because that one was special and I don't want to take advantage of a person's kindness if it's unnecessary, but I'm floored that someone even offered and definitely went to bed feeling a little less sad.

For those interested in the Halloween magic shots, the Disney Photopass Facebook page posted a list of the shots currently being offered. The post is from 10/4 titled 'Disneyland Resort Halloween Time Magic Shots'. I don't know why, but I couldn't find an official list from Disney up until this one.

• Hatbox Ghost: this one was a tough one for us to get because not every PP CM apparently can do it. We were told that the best bet is either a roaming PP CM or a PP CM at the DL front gate. We were finally lucky and met a PP CM at the Tomorrowland entrance who could do it. This is IMO the best magic shot Disney has ever had, especially if you're a HM fan.
  • Oogie Boogie: this one is only available in DCA on Buena Vista St, and only offered by roaming PP CMs (character PP CMs and the PP CM at the Headless Horseman statue can't do this shot, or at least that's what we were told).
  • Zero: We've had the best luck with the Zero magic shot at the DL front gate and at the Mickey Pumpkin. The PP facebook post said Zero is available in DCA but we haven't found a PP CM there that could do it.
  • Cauldron: The PP facebook post said this is available at Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Buena Vista St, and the Mickey Pumpkin. We've only ever asked about it at the pumpkin.
  • Pumpkin on fire: We've only asked about this one at the Mickey Pumpkin, but the facebook post lists a bunch of other locations this one is available at such as the Castle, the Partner's Statue, Buena Vista St, Hollywood Land, and the Mad Tea Party.
  • Headless Horseman fog/moon/bats: This one is only available at night at the Headless Horseman statue in DCA (we were told after they turn on the Halloween lights and start the Halloween sounds at Buena Vista St).
  • Iago: No clue why Disney lists Iago as a Halloween time magic shot. But it's cool that he's available at DL. We've only gotten him at Epcot before, but I'm guessing he's available year round even after Halloween, but haven't asked CMs to confirm.

What time do they turn on the Halloween lights and sounds on Buena Vista St.? I'm looking to get some photos there early in the evening of my party on 10/26

I just got a link to take a survey about my experiences at Mickey's Halloween Party. One question asked me about pre-party activities, specifically in Toontown, Fantasyland Theater and at Star Wars Launch Bay. Has anyone happened to be over by Launch Bay to see what was happening in there? When I walked by, I don't recall seeing anything happening in Fantasyland Theater.
upload_2018-10-9_15-33-52.png

The second question that was interesting asked me about my interest in attending MHPs at different times of the season. The first period was before parties currently start and the last set of dates were in early November!
upload_2018-10-9_15-35-9.png

... And crazy thing last night before I went to sleep:
I had put out a plea on basically every social media platform hoping someone would see it that might have found him not realizing how special he is... And on my panda stuffy's Instagram I got a DM from someone local who happens to have an extra and offered it to me.

I'm still going to check L&F because that one was special and I don't want to take advantage of a person's kindness if it's unnecessary, but I'm floored that someone even offered and definitely went to bed feeling a little less sad.
Love that someone sent kindness your way! If you go to MHP next year, post it so we can look for you!

Question: does Mobile Order work at MHP? Or is it not really necessary?

Need opinions: would you pick Plaza Inn (fried chicken plate) or Flo's to eat dinner? We are trying to decide for Friday.

What time do they turn on the Halloween lights and sounds on Buena Vista St.? I'm looking to get some photos there early in the evening of my party on 10/26

As figment_jii indicated, it’s right around sunset when they flip the switch. To give you context, this past weekend it was right around 6:30. What I’m unsure of is whether they keep the time consistent, or if they move up the time as the sun sets earlier. According to the long range sunrise/sunset times anticipated in Anaheim, sunset on your party date is around 6:00.

Last edited:
Love that someone sent kindness your way! If you go to MHP next year, post it so we can look for you!

Question: does Mobile Order work at MHP? Or is it not really necessary?

It didn't work for us. We tried to mobile order dole whips at like 1757 and couldn't. We were sad!

Need opinions: would you pick Plaza Inn (fried chicken plate) or Flo's to eat dinner? We are trying to decide for Friday.

What time were you wanting to eat dinner? If you want to eat while waiting for the parade or fireworks, then I would choose PI so that you can be close to the action. If you dine earlier, Cars Land really is fun with all the Halloween decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!