Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Rain started while we were in Toontown for the PP. Got to meet Donald and Daisy before deciding it was time to head for cover. Even with all the rain, we still managed to meet Jack & Sally, Pooh & Tigger & Eeyore, Smee & Capt. Hook, Mickey & Minnie, Baloo & King Louie. Characters were spending a lot of time interacting with guests. Would have liked to have met more characters, but we thought we were too bedraggled for photos! Filled our candy bags fairly early on in the evening. Ride lines weren't too bad -- at least on the western side of the park. POTC was a total walk on later in the evening. Missed seeing the Cadaver Dans, but still had a very fun time. Ended with our party tradition of hot chocolate at Market House. Got lots of compliments on our costumes. Mr. Smee and Capt. Hook recognized us later in the evening while they were on a short walkabout. They acted out admiration for our outfits. DH was suprised and pleased. :)

No, it just doesn’t happen very often... I hope there was still some fun to be had in spite of the weather.
I think this is the first time it's rained on us at MHP (serious rain, not just sprinkles) since 2010! And there was lots of fun to be had in spite of AND because of the weather! CMs and other guests got in the spirit and turned up the energy. We all got wet anyway, but kept each other laughing. :)

I think this is the first time it's rained on us at MHP (serious rain, not just sprinkles) since 2010! And there was lots of fun to be had in spite of AND because of the weather! CMs and other guests got in the spirit and turned up the energy. We all got wet anyway, but kept each other laughing. :)
The Disney magic must have hit me because I had so much energy when it started raining around 6:30, when we rode big thunder. I wanted to stay until about 10:30 or 11, but I think my aunt was over the rain lol. This is saying a lot because I normally don't like anything that is not 75 and sunny.

Also I thought the lightning made the sky more spooky, especially when it would strike above the haunted mansion. I totally understand those that are frustrated though. A big advertisement for MHP are the fireworks and parade. I know these are dependent on weather, but still a bummer that they weren't shown. I'm sure it was hard on those with small children. I think the CM's did a good job at directing lines, and being really nice during all of the rain. I actually had my best CM experiences tonight.

In talking with some CMs today it sounds like Disney was not prepared for the rain last night. Protocals weren't followed. We ran into a photo pass photographer taking cover who said they could fire him he wasn't going back out into the rain. Overall the talk was last night ended up fairly chaotic for them.

In talking with some CMs today it sounds like Disney was not prepared for the rain last night. Protocals weren't followed. We ran into a photo pass photographer taking cover who said they could fire him he wasn't going back out into the rain. Overall the talk was last night ended up fairly chaotic for them.
The forecast at 4pm yesterday showed the rain rolling in at 1am so I think the time it started at caught everyone off guard.

One more thing I forgot to add! I am sooooo glad I cancelled our Blue Bayou Halloween package! I would've been upset if I paid for an expensive meal thinking I was getting priority viewing for a parade that didn't happen.

We went last night to meet up with friends at DL and then we moved over to DCA. I admit, I was totally caught off guard about the weather. Earlier in the week I heard something about a chance of rain but nothing about the thunderstorm. I only had a hooded sweatshirt with me and that did make for a very wet walk back to the car at the end of the night. In over 18 years of being a passholder, I think this is the first time I have seen lightening at DLR, and this was a lot of lightening. And another first - no trams to due lightening. We made the best of it though but were completely soaked by the time we got to the car (on the top level of the structure, LOL).

I actually thought it was very cool as a backdrop to the Halloween atmosphere and definitely cool with the lightening strikes behind Guardians while we waited in the huge FP line for that ride :)

Does anyone know if monsters after dark will continue on past Halloween?

I doubt it but has anyone been able to get a MaxPass for radiator springs racers with a party ticket? We only plan on the Halloween party this trip (great wolf lodge is the main thing this time around). So we plan to go the California Adventure at 3 when party goers are allowed in then move the Disneyland for dinner and the party.

I doubt it but has anyone been able to get a MaxPass for radiator springs racers with a party ticket? We only plan on the Halloween party this trip (great wolf lodge is the main thing this time around). So we plan to go the California Adventure at 3 when party goers are allowed in then move the Disneyland for dinner and the party.
I'm 99% sure they will be out of fastpasses by then. Your best bet will be to keep refreshing and hope to find a cancelled one. Also, if everyone is old enough, you can try single rider line.

I'm 99% sure they will be out of fastpasses by then. Your best bet will be to keep refreshing and hope to find a cancelled one. Also, if everyone is old enough, you can try single rider line.

I have a 7 year old so no single rider line. I just just keep my eye out on a canceled ride.

Likely not. Last year it ran only for Halloweentime. On Halloween itself they ran it the whole day.

Oh my gosh--that is great news! We arrive at noon on Halloween for MHP but we also have PHs. I was going to get max pass for my PH to ensure we got on Monsters After Dark around 5ish but maybe I don't need to do this.

How will I know when I arrive in DCA which ride it is? Will the ap tell me?

Oh my gosh--that is great news! We arrive at noon on Halloween for MHP but we also have PHs. I was going to get max pass for my PH to ensure we got on Monsters After Dark around 5ish but maybe I don't need to do this.

Your mhp ticket will include maxpass.

I agree this is good news. We arrive on Halloween as well and we were going to bypass this as being in DL during party hours was more important to us. We're taking two people who have never been for Halloween time and want them to experience everything Halloween so, we're planning to go to the Toontown pre-party.

Your mhp ticket will include maxpass.

I know but I figure I can't use it until 3 pm and am concerned the fp for Monsters After Dark will be gone for the 5:00-6:00 slot. Do you think that there's a good chance fp will still be available for that time ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!