Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Here now, 2 am wake up, 5 am flight, landed at LAX (my most hated airport, but they had the earliest arrival time) at 7, only 1 carryon, went straight out to uber and pulled into PPH at 8:18 am. They have a new computer system, check in was slooooowwwwww. She tried to upgrade me, but full house, no dice. That’s fine. We ended up on the 5th floor with a semi-pool view as a standard room. Got the call that the room was ready at 2:30 pm. We are now cleaning up to go to the MHP... but first...

After a very quick breakfast of kids Mickey waffles and the yogurt parfait at the PPH lounge... I can’t remember what it’s called... we headed into DCA. Bag check was quick (heck it was 9:30 already), and no line to get into the park. We had maxpass on our tickets and the first thing we could pull was Soarin at 10:45. DCA is crowded! We managed Soarin and Incredicoaster with max pass... between 9:30 and 2 pm... that’s it... we rode standby for symphony swings, and Luigi, and pretty much decided not to stress about it... went to turtle talk, animation academy, snacked around and just soaked up the atmosphere. Monsters inc and little mermaid have basically been down all day... which isn’t helping matters...

Going to rest a bit and hit the party. I do have FPs for Indiana and HM between 4:45 and 6... it was weird how they lined up. So we will get a couple rides in before the party.

Weather is on the warm side... tees and capris for these Oregonians!

Oh to give perspective... waits for the swinging side of the wheel of death was 60 minutes this morning... since when is there that many people that want to ride the swinging side... well we love it... but most don’t

Oh to give perspective... waits for the swinging side of the wheel of death was 60 minutes this morning... since when is there that many people that want to ride the swinging side... well we love it... but most don’t

I was looking at the App earlier and thought it looked busy!

Disneyland Today just announced that the Hatbox Tiki Mug will be released at Trader Sam's on 10/16 at 7:00 am.
https://twitter.com/DisneylandToday/status/1050866402951946240

I'm curious, anyone have any guesses why the parking structure is filling up this week? It "closed" for a period of time on both Wed and Thu. Today makes some sense (MHP and a Friday), but Wed and Thu surprised me.
It’s been busy and I know they have lost a few spots to the construction for the new structure.

We got a little bit of thunder and lightning her in Orange wich is not to far from Disneyland. Please be careful

I feel terrible for the people at the party tonight. It has been raining a ton and lots of thunder and lightening. I’m about 20 minutes away so hoping it wasn’t as bad at Disneyland! We never get this type of weather!

I was at the party tonight and it was rough. No characters out for the meet and greets and by 10 almost everything was closed due to lightning and then the pouring rain started. We finally gave up and came back to the hotel. I would say for my first party it was not a lot of fun at all but hey you make the best of it right?

I was at the party tonight and it was rough. No characters out for the meet and greets and by 10 almost everything was closed due to lightning and then the pouring rain started. We finally gave up and came back to the hotel. I would say for my first party it was not a lot of fun at all but hey you make the best of it right?
I’m still here. It’s not the most ideal situation. But they’ve made adjustments with moving treat trails to coveted areas etc. fireworks were canceled but they did run the music with the projections.

Tonight has been awful! No fireworks, no parade, no dance party, no villains every time I went. The Treat trails and ride waits were so long. I was surprised how long it took to get through security at 4.30 but I hoped it would get better. The MNSSHP in Florida was so much better. Does California not know how to prepare for rain?

I’m still here. It’s not the most ideal situation. But they’ve made adjustments with moving treat trails to coveted areas etc. fireworks were canceled but they did run the music with the projections.

The App is showing Pirates at 25 min and Indy at 5- strange! PP is showing 25 min
Hope you’re at least able to get on some rides

Does California not know how to prepare for rain?
No, it just doesn’t happen very often. This was the first time my five-year-old has ever heard thunder!

I am very sorry to everyone who got rained out tonight! I hope there was still some fun to be had in spite of the weather.

There was definitely still fun to be had. For me it really was the downpour at 10pm when I finally couldn't do anymore. We were where there wasn't much cover and at least had a solid 5 hours before giving up. It wasn't ideal and I am sad I missed out on the characters, parade and fireworks. But it is either just chalk it up to a crazy rare weather night or cry over something no one really has control over. But I think the picture says it all social++1.jpg

MHP tonight... thunder and lightning and rain for hours. We are soaked, but laughing, because at least its a warm rain! Almost closed the parks. Treat trails were relocated, some rides were shut due to lightning. Parades were cancelled and the fireworks were just projections and lasers. Still say it was worth it. Parks were slammed all day and we rode a ton of rides during the party and still have 10 lbs of candy. My shoes may never dry tho

Since I'm home now, drying off, and wide awake! Thought I would post my thoughts about this crazy, yet fun night.

We got to the structure at 2:30ish. We had a short wait for security and the tram. I am very glad we got there early because the structure filled up at 4 pm. I'm sure there was a long security line to match it. We stood in line for our wristbands at 3:30, and they were already letting party guests in, so we finished that around 3:40. During the hours before the party we went to Salt and Straw, Starbucks, rode Mike and Sulley, took a picture with HM cast members (I was a HM maid) and ate at Plaza Inn (we made a decision!! lol). I am happy we ate at Plaza inn, because after, we went over to BTMRR to use our fastpass we booked through maxpass when we first entered the park. Right before we boarded the ride, it started raining! So we got to do big thunder in the dark and rain! That was pretty fun!

After big thunder, we went over to do Pirates, but it was closed. The CM's said it was due to the lightning, and rides can't run when it is around. Which is odd, because it ended up running, and it has thundered and lightning all night long...We were able to do Space Mountain and Indy without any problems, and they both were under 20 minutes. We ended up doing Pirates as well with a 10 minute wait.

My favorite part was meeting Constance Hatchaway!! The wait wasn't too long. I am also glad they had a photopass photographer for her meet and greet!

The treat trails were really long, but they do move quickly. The treat trail in Golden Horseshoe was the longest in my opinion. This year, I felt like the CM's weren't as lenient with passing out candy. In the trail behind big thunder, I was bold and asked for a handful of candy at 2 of the spots, and the CM's didn't hesitate, and gave me a handful. However at the Golden Horseshoe when I asked the same thing, they said only 2-3 pieces each. So you could potentially get more candy if you ask, and depending on the CM you get.

We left around 9:45, the trams were shut down due to lightning so that meant the mass exodus of people had to walk to the strucutre. By this time, it was a complete downpour. My jacket and umbrella were the MVP's of this trip lol.

The rain wasn't ideal, but we made the best of it. When I saw that first lightning strike around 6:20, I knew immediately there weren't going to be fireworks, so I just accepted it. CM's were saying if it passes, then fireworks could go on, but I knew better. Then when it rained pretty heavily, I knew the parades were going to get cancelled as well. I actually wanted to stay longer because I was hoping more people would leave, and shorten the lines lol.

All in all, I had a great time. I've always wanted to know what it was like to go to Disneyland in the rain, now I know :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!