Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

I can't see them moving it to DCA until they've got Marvel land completed. When I was there the beginning of May I was trying to envision what it would be like. Part of the appeal of the Halloween parties are the low ride lines. I don't think DCA has enough E ticket or even small fun rides that we would see short lines. I think the lines would be REALLY long which would then make the treat lines super long as well. I do like view parades from DCA better then Disneyland but at this point if they moved the party to DCA it would have to cut the price of the ticket in half for me to even consider it.

I'm happy it's in Disneyland again.

I find the timing of the announcement a little funny. I thought we'd have to wait until summer to find out the Halloween schedule.
Just two days ago I booked a two night/three day stay in October with the hopes of a MHP while I'm there.
Now with the dates out I can work on the rest of my trip plans.

Geemo

Honestly last year this party nearly destroyed California Adventure. Disneyland was fun and relaxed and manageable the entire night. We went over to check out California adventure at one point and I’ve never seen more suffocating miserable crowds in all my time of going to Disney. We couldn’t see anything and couldn’t wait to get out and back to DL but it took a lot of our energy. I think the combination of normal crowds and party crowds was too much.

Yes. It was crushing and awful. Just a sea of people .

I can't see them moving it to DCA until they've got Marvel land completed. When I was there the beginning of May I was trying to envision what it would be like. Part of the appeal of the Halloween parties are the low ride lines. I don't think DCA has enough E ticket or even small fun rides that we would see short lines. I think the lines would be REALLY long which would then make the treat lines super long as well. I do like view parades from DCA better then Disneyland but at this point if they moved the party to DCA it would have to cut the price of the ticket in half for me to even consider it.

I'm happy it's in Disneyland again.

The parties started at DCA years back and there were fewer attractions and no Carsland Hauloween or Monsters after dark.

This sure seems like a lot of money for a ticket, but I have never been. Not interested in candy nor photos with characters. Is their any reason to go to this event?

We went on Halloween last year, and it was awesome, and if schedules align we'll probably do it again. That said - huge eyeroll to $130. I have 2 kids I have to pay for, luckily one turns 3 on Nov 17th so we're spared a year for him, but like...how are average income families supposed to afford this?

This sure seems like a lot of money for a ticket, but I have never been. Not interested in candy nor photos with characters. Is their any reason to go to this event?
Halloween parade, fireworks, and lots of spooky atmospheric touches. The Cadaver Dans. Getting to wear a costume.

I mean, those things may not appeal to you, either, but obviously they do to a lot of people... hence the tickets selling out (early!) even at these high prices.

We went on Halloween last year, and it was awesome, and if schedules align we'll probably do it again. That said - huge eyeroll to $130. I have 2 kids I have to pay for, luckily one turns 3 on Nov 17th so we're spared a year for him, but like...how are average income families supposed to afford this?
While it would be lovely if every opportunity in the world was available to every human being, regardless of income... this is basic supply and demand at work, here. I'm absolutely positive that they could raise the prices considerably more and still sell out, to be honest. The Disney demand is STRONG.

While it would be lovely if every opportunity in the world was available to every human being, regardless of income... this is basic supply and demand at work, here. I'm absolutely positive that they could raise the prices considerably more and still sell out, to be honest. The Disney demand is STRONG.

Yes but not every opportunity in the world is as strongly marketed to children as the idea of Disneyland. I mean, my husband's a dentist, we are lucky and can afford to bring our soon to be 4 kids from out of state regularly and pay for Halloween on top of it. There are so many kids that will never be able to, because $500 for 4 hours is a LOT for even some upper middle class families. This is totally becoming a one percenter type of activity and because Disney is so integrated into kids' lives now, that just makes me kind of sad.

It's a little bit cheaper than a single day park hopper, and I think it's priced pretty reasonably considering that you're basically guaranteed smaller crowds, exclusive parade/fireworks, and special photos with characters.

The crowd reduction is worth it alone. I'm positive they could raise the price to $200 or so and still sell out these nights no problem.

Last edited:
It's a little bit cheaper than a single day park hopper, and I think it's priced pretty reasonably considering that you're basically guaranteed smaller crowds, exclusive parade/fireworks, and special photos with characters.

The crowd reduction is worth it alone. I'm positive they could raise the price to $200 or so and still sell out these nights no problem.

I get what you're saying, but just as an interesting note, we had hoppers for Halloween day and the party that night, and crowds were considerably lighter during the day than the for the party. And the line for Jack/Sally was certainly a lot shorter that day. haha.

I get what you're saying, but just as an interesting note, we had hoppers for Halloween day and the party that night, and crowds were considerably lighter during the day than the for the party. And the line for Jack/Sally was certainly a lot shorter that day. haha.

I've never been, and I've only heard about the reduced crowds when compared to the day... So I could definitely be wrong! I'm assuming it's because Halloween was on a Tuesday last year? So people weren't able to go to the park during the day, (work and such), but many locals bought tickets for that night.

I'm hoping this is the case at least!

I've never been, and I've only heard about the reduced crowds when compared to the day... So I could definitely be wrong! I'm assuming it's because Halloween was on a Tuesday last year? So people weren't able to go to the park during the day, (work and such), but many locals bought tickets for that night.

I'm hoping this is the case at least!
During the party most rides are walk on or have minimal waits. The character lines are always the longest lines of the night during the party.

I think the cost of attending a Halloween party is a much better value than buying a one-day park ticket. The crowds are much more manageable, the Halloween fireworks (which are only shown during the parties), the parade, the atmosphere, short wait times for the rides... IMO you get a lot of bang for you buck with a Halloween party ticket.

Shorter lines and candy are great but unfortunately, the day we attended last year, they had to cancel the fireworks which was disappointing for all involved

Having said that, glad to get thee info early and VERY happy it's still st DLR vs DCA

I think the cost of attending a Halloween party is a much better value than buying a one-day park ticket. The crowds are much more manageable, the Halloween fireworks (which are only shown during the parties), the parade, the atmosphere, short wait times for the rides... IMO you get a lot of bang for you buck with a Halloween party ticket.
I would agree but I have an AP so it is purely an added expense.

Do you know when they kick people out who don’t have the pass?

If you are visiting the parks with a regular ticket or an AP and not a party ticket, they will start asking guests to leave at the party start time (which is either 6 or 7, depending on the night).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter