Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
Please tell me about it. Is there a "show", where you are seated and looking at a stage? Or is it very informal eating, music and characters? If you don't like country music, would you survive?:p
I think my kids would like it (ages 7, 5, and 3). Any info would be greatly appreciated!

There is a formal show. From what I can recall there is a country band on stage (not a fan of country music-myself) and they played things almost anyone would be familiar with...Shania Twain, Charley Daniels, Garth Brooks.

They also had a lassoo (sp?) artist.

They call you to the "buffet" section by section while the band is playing. Characters come out and dance, they do line dance lessons, etc.

Then they have an official time to get autographs and pictures with all the characters.

We went and had a great time! Although, it was hot and humid - it is set outdoors. Also, if you time your departure just right..head down to the beach to catch the water parade before you leave Fort Wilderness.

Hope this helps.:wave:

Yes it is a show with a stage. Characters come out in every 15 minutes or so and everyone can dance with them. There is also a guy that does ropetricks that is pretty neat. The food is much better then the food at HDDR. They didn't call us by sections to get the food. When they let us in to the pavillion we were to get our food before finding a seat. It is open seating so you should forgo the picture they try to nail you with, get in line and get your food first so you can get decent seats. I really hate country music but I survived it just fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter