Mickeys Backyard BBQ & Concourse Steakhouse

2princessintraining

Mouseketeer
Has anyone dined in either of these two places?? I have reservations at both. Doing the concourse steakhouse without the kids, they will be at the mouseketeer club that evening. Any reviews will be welcomed. Thanks :cutie:

We did Mickey's BBQ as an anniversary treat in August 2003. There are buffet lines with ribs, chicken, salads, etc. and all you can drink beer and wine. The setting is a Pavilion in the old River Country. Entertainment included country singers, rope tricks, learning to line dance, and characters in western costume. They announced birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and had a special dance for folks celebrating an event. We had a great time, but others have said it is hard to juggle small children, strollers, and food from the buffet. Seating is at long rows of picnic tables. The food is very much like Hoop De Doo, but (alas) no strawberry shortcake.

We went to the Back Yard BBQ last Summer on our BIG Family Vacation. We had 7 children with us and they all enjoyed it except one because she was sick. All of the adults enjoyed it too. Mostly because we loved seeing the kids having such a good time. We could hardly get the kids to eat because they were having so much fun. I thought that the food was great. I am a VERY picky eater and I like everything they served.

Do a search on Concourse Steakhouse: you'll find several recent threads posted.

I lunched at the CS on our last trip in February. Service was polite and prompt. it's cool to eat your lunch with the monorail zipping overhead, and the occasional sparrow (yes, sparrows, courtesy of the Contemporary's bizarre architecture). Some noise from Chef Mickey's will drift over, but not loud enough to disturb your meal.

The food is okay - a good no-fuss meal. The burgers are the best in WDW, by a fairly large margin. However, my girl friend's broiled chicken salad was drowning in oil. The steaks are also OK, nothing outstanding. One thing that bothers me about this place is that all the sides are a la carte. If you order a NY strip or filet, for example, youpay extra for mushrooms or potatoes, which is outrageous.

Don't expect fine dining. What you'll get is a good cut of meat in an atmospheric location. If you want great steaks, head to Shula's or the Yachtmen's Steakhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter