Mickey waffles vs Mickey pancakes

maleficent55

DIS Veteran
Which do you prefer? Why? I think I like the waffles better because of the pockets of powered sugar, however I have a weakness for fluffy soft pancakes.

Aside from character meals, I know of Carnations Cafe (waffles), Red Rose Tavern (pancakes) & Tangaroa Terrace (waffles). Am I missing anywhere else?

Mickey Pancakes! They are delicious and more difficult to overcook than the waffles. Plus they are a true Disneyland classic - I suspected it, and Google searching confirmed that the first CM newsletter mentioned them being invented in 1962 at Aunt Jemima's which I believe was the original operator of the Riverbelle Terrace restaurant.

The waffles I have tried, admittedly only the smaller buffet version, have been dry and crispy. I have always wanted to try the larger version served at the Carnation Cafe, maybe with the strawberry and whipped cream topping, yum!

I LOVE waffles. They are supposed to be dry and crispy! That way they are like little bowls for the butter and syrup and berries. I can't stand pancakes because they go soggy when I load them up with the goodies. Mickey Waffles at Carnation Cafe are my must do.

I prefer waffles in general, but I have been known to steal a bite of my son's Mickey pancake, lol! At White Water Snacks you get 3 small waffles and it comes with strawberries (no whip cream). Even though it doesn't say so on the menu, I've had these 3 times and have always received the strawberries. Flo's V-8 cafe also has waffles on their kids menu but they are not Mickey shaped. They are round and I think have a car on them.

Now I'm craving waffles, lol!

I have to ring the buzzer for Team Waffle on this one. I love pancakes in general and want v much to love Mickey pancakes because they are shaped like an adorable mouse. BUT, they've never been that good tasting at Dland in my opinion. They are kind of tough and mass produced tasting. I don't know why Disney cannot produce a decent pancake. In any case, I long ago stopped ordering them at River Belle when my kids would eat a late breakfast in the parks. Now the Disney waffles, I have had no problem with. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and yummy squares full of syrup. Delish!

Pancakes are the sentimental favorite. I remember waiting in line at Riverbelle Terrace with our kids, watching the cooks pour out those perfect pancakes, with the griddle at exactly the right temperature; and then we'd sit on the patio and eat 'em up while looking over the ROA. Perfect mornings, perfect pancakes!

Pancakes are the sentimental favorite. I remember waiting in line at Riverbelle Terrace with our kids, watching the cooks pour out those perfect pancakes, with the griddle at exactly the right temperature; and then we'd sit on the patio and eat 'em up while looking over the ROA. Perfect mornings, perfect pancakes!
This sounds amazing!

I prefer waffles in general, but I have been known to steal a bite of my son's Mickey pancake, lol! At White Water Snacks you get 3 small waffles and it comes with strawberries (no whip cream). Even though it doesn't say so on the menu, I've had these 3 times and have always received the strawberries. Flo's V-8 cafe also has waffles on their kids menu but they are not Mickey shaped. They are round and I think have a car on them.

Now I'm craving waffles, lol!

Me too! Always!

I love waffles. Crisp outer and soft inner that soaks up the syrup. Toss some strawberries on those bad boys! Mmmmmm!!

Waffles for me, too! The ones at Disneyland taste so delicious and you can't beat the crisp/tender texture. I've had their pancakes a number of times and those taste fine, but more generic.

I haven’t eaten neither of them... but after reading this thread I think I might have to try at least one of them...
can you eat the waffles as snack on the go or is it more sit down food?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter