Mickey not so scary costume ideas

eeyorepatty

Earning My Ears
Help I need ideas!!!
12 of us are going, 7 adults, one teenager and 4 children and we all want to get dressed up as a group but do not want to pack tons of stuff for obvious reasons! We thought about the classic dozen of eggs, but that is just to much packing we think, Has anyone been to this, and is it common for the adults to dress up? We are going on Oct 11. What should we expect??

A great question. A dozen eggs would be funny!

We are going to MNSSHP for the first time this year. My 10-month-old DD will be dressed as Mickey. We found a very cheap costume for her at the Disney Store in February. We will decide what my 3-year-old DD will be closer to October. Up until a few weeks ago, she wanted to be Jafar! Then it was Lilo or Stitch. It will probably be a country bear in a few weeks.

I have heard that many adults do dress up. I want to but my DW doesn't. I have no idea what to dress up as. I would have no problem wearing a costume but don't know where to get one that won't look cheesy. Any suggestions?

You could be mouseketeers. We did this when we went to MNSSHP a couple of years ago and it was really easy. You just need a white shirt (use iron on letters to add your name) and mouse ears - piece of cake.

Something we've always wanted to do (and this would be great for the adults) is to dress up as characters from Gilligan's Island. Again this would be pretty easy - red shirt and sailor hat for Gilligan, blue shirt and skippers hat for the Skipper, white coat for the professor, etc. We thought it would be a hoot to do this if we ever cruised over Halloween. I don't think the kids would be too interested in this, though. :)

I love the dozen eggs idea if you could figure away to fashion a costume that wouldn't be too big and bulky. After all, you want to be able to ride the rides that night!

Let us know what you decide and have a great time, the Halloween party is a blast!

Just a tip about costumes, make sure they aren't too hot, October weather in Florida can go either way, it can end up being cool or it can be downright hot and humid , We went to MNSSHP in 2000 and it sure was hot (of course I was even hotter because I was 5 months pregnant LOL), I remember seeing little kids in these hot costumes and thinking how terrible they must have felt, I think the mouseketeer idea is great, it would be neat since there are so many of you, I am sure that would get you all some extra attention. have a GReat trip MNSSHP is alot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter