Mickey Mouse Belgian waffles...again. Question

svt4me

Earning My Ears
I'm new to the site and have some questions that maybe can be answered by some members here. My family and I just came back from WDW about a month ago. One of my son's favorite meals was the Mickey waffles for breakfast. I have since located 2 brands that are available in the secondary market. The Villaware one and the Vitantonio. Either of these would be OK, but they aren't exactly like the ones in the parks.
I had read a really old thread on here that had a member talking about the Mickey waffle maker they had finally dying after 14 years. I like the fact that it lasted that long, but what intrigued me even more was that it made the really thick waffles like in the parks. This is the one I would like to find.
Does anyone on here have one available? Does anyone on here have any info on this particular model? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for looking, Scott

If I remember correctly they stopped making the original one because it was catching fire when in use. The newer ones I've seen are not as heavy or as good.

That's what it sounds like. I am somewhat mechanically inclined and would have no problem refurbishing one if someone had an old style sitting around. I would really love to get my hands on one that makes the nice thick ones like in the parks.
Thanks for the input,
Scott

They pop up on EBay fairly regularly, though not as regularly as they have been, but are always $$$$.

The ones I've seen generally go for $250 to about $450+, depending on how clean they are. The most recent one I've seen is linked above and was initially $200 before they increased the BIN price.

I'm watching this one already. You are correct. They started at $209 and it didn't sell so they bumped it up to $214. I'm confused. Increase the price after it doesn't sell? This same style sold on Ebay last October for $60. I'm hoping to find one more in that $ range.

I bit the bullet. I just bought a Vitantonio model that makes the bigger waffles. After much research, I think finding a waffler that makes the "original" 4" Mickeys that are found all over the parks is futile. The Villaware is too much money and they don't really look like the ones in the parks. This Vitantonio, though it's the bigger waffle, looks very similar to what is served in the restaurants.
I'm very excited to use this, especially with the "original" recipe. I just need to hunt down the ingredients.
I am by no means the cook in the house but I think I can handle waffles.

Scott

I bit the bullet. I just bought a Vitantonio model that makes the bigger waffles. After much research, I think finding a waffler that makes the "original" 4" Mickeys that are found all over the parks is futile. The Villaware is too much money and they don't really look like the ones in the parks. This Vitantonio, though it's the bigger waffle, looks very similar to what is served in the restaurants.
I'm very excited to use this, especially with the "original" recipe. I just need to hunt down the ingredients.
I am by no means the cook in the house but I think I can handle waffles.

Scott

I just received my new waffle iron this am as I had one of the originals that went to Mickey heaven 3 years ago and I wasn't able to replace it. The new one isn't as nice and it's about 2 inches thick instead of 4 but I was able to purchase it on Amazon for $31.00 new. Which recipe are you looking for? I happen to have one but not sure if it's the one. The recipe I have is very similar in taste to the ones at WDW.

I have found the "original" recipe, just haven't gotten around to making them yet. The one that calls for Carbon's golden malt flour.
When you say your original waffler bit the dust, did you have one that made the smaller size waffles exactly like at the resorts? I have not found even a used "broken" one like that. I didn't know they ever sold the ones just like the originals.

Scott

making it original is difficult I think, I also tried it but it was never the same taste, maybe it is also that the experience is different at home - don't know.

I'm such a slacker. I haven't made them yet, but will soon. Did you use the Carbon's Malted flour? Seems to be the "secret" ingredient.

Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter