Mickey Ears

kurt90

Disney addict since 1990!
I know that in WDW you can buy a pair of mickey ears and have a CM put your name on the back using a hand operated machine (as opposed to using a computer program), for example at The Chateau on Main Street.

My question is if this service is available at Disneyland, and if so where can I go for it?

Yes, we just had our hats hand sewn with our names at the Madhatter shop in Fantasyland. They also hand sew them at the little hat stand next to Innovations in Tomorrowland.

Just thought I would toss this in for your reading pleasure - just read it today on Mouseplanet.....

Mad Hatter settling in

The transition at Main Street Mad Hatter isn't going entirely well and it is still causing significant delays in delivering custom-embroidered hats. The way the new store works is that customers purchase their hats in one line and then take them over to a separate line for embroidery. While the store has four of the new computerized embroidery machines, at most times there are only one or two people available to run them. Maintenance also is proving to be a problem as several of them have broken down already and there have been times when only two are working even if there are more people available to operate them.

To deal with the delays, they are still running an ad hoc system for having customers drop off their hats and then return at a later time. During busy periods this return time has been as high as 45 minutes. The other hat-selling stores in Disneyland are still using the hand-operated machines and are not having similar delays.

This isn't technically DL, but you can get them hand-embroidered at the big shop in the entrance plaza area of CA. (Sorry, can't remember the name of the shop, something with California in it--we were there in June, you would think I'd remember, LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter