Mickey and Friends Parking

Rich M

DIS Veteran
I have been reading a lot lately of the parking structure being full lately and closing early. I am going next Sunday and staying at Anaheim Majestic Garden and I know they have a shuttle and I have heard its a doable walk to DTD. Would you recommend avoiding the parking structure since it keeps filling up? Do they turn away even handicap cars too?

I have been reading a lot lately of the parking structure being full lately and closing early. I am going next Sunday and staying at Anaheim Majestic Garden and I know they have a shuttle and I have heard its a doable walk to DTD. Would you recommend avoiding the parking structure since it keeps filling up? Do they turn away even handicap cars too?
Always, always avoid trying to park at Disneyland when possible. If you have the option to take a shuttle, walk, or Uber, that is 1000% better than parking.

Always, always avoid trying to park at Disneyland when possible. If you have the option to take a shuttle, walk, or Uber, that is 1000% better than parking.

Is this a recent problem? I use to always park in the structure with no problem and that was going in the morning leaving mid day and then coming back in the evening. Is it just that much more crowded now

Is this a recent problem? I use to always park in the structure with no problem and that was going in the morning leaving mid day and then coming back in the evening. Is it just that much more crowded now
I think it really just depends. Sometimes police close it off because of traffic, not because it’s full inside. Once the traffic clears you can go in. I’ve come midday on a Saturday and have had no issues parking. If I know it will be busy, I just get there very early. I’ve only parked at Toy Story once, and I did so because I thought Dapper Day was going to make it packed, so I went straight there. Dapper day actually had good crowds so I probably would’ve been fine in the structure.

It really is surprising how much of an impact losing the Pinnochio lot has had! Plus a good portion of the Chip and Dale level. And crowds in general have gone up more over the years while they are working on the new structure. I'm really looking forward to it opening up.

100% though I would try to avoid it if possible. From the Majestic hotel, you can walk down Disneyland Drive to the crosswalk. From there you can either go south to Downtown Disney, or north to the walkway to Mickey & Friends tram. Honestly that walk will likely be faster than trying to drive and park in the structure.

I have taken this advice to heart. I still have never seen the Mickey and Friends parking structure except in photos and videos. I have no idea how the parking works. I don't know how the trams work. I don't even know how much it costs. My ignorance is bliss.

We stayed at the anaheim majestic a couple of years ago and used the shuttle it ran pretty regularly and during the busy times they ran 2 shuttles.

I would stick with walking or using a shuttle if your hotel offers one.

They open and close the structure now and then in the morning for crowd control, in my previous experiences. We have arrived an hour after friends. They were able to park there, but we were diverted elsewhere. Sometimes this detour has taken 45 minutes.

I try to always check their Disneyland Today twitter account. They always respond to others and give you the latest parking conditions. Usually they say Toy Story and you try to chance it. Then you get stuck in the detour.

I mean, it may be fine. The parking situation is enough of a crapshoot that I would definitely avoid it entirely if that’s an option.

I have never had an issue at M&F. I will say though, recently, for the first time ever at M&F, I had to circle once before I was able to park. That was such a hassle :).

I have never had an issue at M&F. I will say though, recently, for the first time ever at M&F, I had to circle once before I was able to park. That was such a hassle :).
I’ve had to do that on a few occasions from overshooting how close to the front of the row I can get. Looking forward to the park assist system coming online.

I’ve had to do that on a few occasions from overshooting how close to the front of the row I can get. Looking forward to the park assist system coming online.
Afternoon parking roulette is a great bonus game at M&F. How close are you willing to drive? Just one... more... row...

Afternoon parking roulette is a great bonus game at M&F. How close are you willing to drive? Just one... more... row...
If it's roulette time I only drive down 1 of 2 aisles. The one closest to the elevators/escalators or the one directly to the left of the exit ramp since there are spots on both sides.

When the Majestic Garden was the Sheraton Anaheim, we walked many times to M&F and to DTD. No big deal. My sister prefers the shuttle; we prefer to walk. Choose whichever is easier for you -- but whichever is easier, it is probably easier than parking your own car and paying $25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter