Mickey’s Space Ship Shuttle / Disneyland Express

mfleeting

Mouseketeer
So today I came to LA for something non Disney related. We had just missed our bus to go down to Hollywood but a shuttle service named Mickeys Space Ship Shuttle / Disneyland Express was there willing to take people for about the same price. I just wanted to give people the heads up to watch out for these people. They have both signs on their vehicle (Mickeys on the van and a sign of Disneyland express in the window) so not sure which one it actually is. The guy was pretty rude (actually called someone a MFer for not wanting to get on his shuttle) and I actually texted my husband with the info just Incase. I wouldn’t recommend them at all. I just wanted to give people a heads up as I know people use Disneyland Express shuttle a lot and always looking out for other shuttle services.

So this was just a passenger van dressed up with a sign? Not a bus? Just checking because we are using the actual Disneyland Express from LAX in June and have prepaid. I don’t want to get on the wrong one and get held hostage until we pay again.

So this was just a passenger van dressed up with a sign? Not a bus? Just checking because we are using the actual Disneyland Express from LAX in June and have prepaid. I don’t want to get on the wrong one and get held hostage until we pay again.

Yeah It’s a small shuttle van (like a passenger box van) and not a bus.

Never get into the van. I'm sure they prey on confused looking people who think they are getting on DRE. DRE will always be a full-sized bus.

I wonder if this is the reason for the wildly varying opinions on the so-called Disneyland Express? :scratchin

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the reason for the wildly varying opinions on the so-called Disneyland Express? :scratchin

I believe this could be. At first I was confused because I’m like if they are taking people to Union Square and Hollywood maybe this is why there always so late. I’ve never used the Disneyland Express so I had no clue what it was suppose to look like. Luckily I wasn’t actually needing it and didn’t prepay so I was fine with using it

So today I came to LA for something non Disney related. We had just missed our bus to go down to Hollywood but a shuttle service named Mickeys Space Ship Shuttle / Disneyland Express was there willing to take people for about the same price. I just wanted to give people the heads up to watch out for these people. They have both signs on their vehicle (Mickeys on the van and a sign of Disneyland express in the window) so not sure which one it actually is. The guy was pretty rude (actually called someone a MFer for not wanting to get on his shuttle) and I actually texted my husband with the info just Incase. I wouldn’t recommend them at all. I just wanted to give people a heads up as I know people use Disneyland Express shuttle a lot and always looking out for other shuttle services.

Have you checked out their website? It is worth a few minutes of your time...just be warned, you may end up with a headache afterwards! :rotfl2:

Have you checked out their website? It is worth a few minutes of your time...just be warned, you may end up with a headache afterwards! :rotfl2:

Wow, no way I would ever give money to a company whose site looks like this, much less risk my life with them driving. Talk about sketchy.

I saw the van on Harbor on my last trip and was also really surprised when it said "Disneyland Express". The van was dinged up pretty heavily and looked really old. I was really surprised because I had thought the "Disneyland Express" was a fairly reputable company, so it surprised me to see them partnered with such a dodgy-looking van company. Now, I'm guessing that the Disneyland Express has nothing to do with this company.

Yeah at first I was also surprised that it said Disneyland Express then later I saw that is also said Mickeys Space Ship Shuttle and was even more confused. I only took it because there was other passengers already on it so we wouldn’t have been alone and I didn’t want to wait an hour for another shuttle. I would not have taken it if it was just me and my daughter I would have waited or got a lyft. The employee I talked to at the airport did stat that this company does shuttles all the time so I was like ok and texted my husband all the info just incase something happened haha. Never even looked at the website though.

Oh yes... that Website looks pretty reassuring...NOT...
I especially like that they replace all parts on their vehicles themselves and that just the body looks bad...
They even display a weird letter/contract with the Disneyland hotel...(somehow doesn’t look too trustworthy...)

That’s why they say on the „real“ Disneyland resort express website that they are only using coach busses and absolutely no vans! Doesn’t look like you wanna nix those two companys up...

The “Mickeys Space Shuttle/Disneyland Express” service referred by the OP is a completely different company which has nothing to do and no affiliation with the very reputable Disneyland RESORT Express which is a large bus that runs passengers from various area airports to the Disneyland Resort area.
It’s just clever naming paired with a rubbish website and the 2 should not be confused by anyone reading this thread.
All the best.

This company has been around a long LONG time, doing the same thing and having the same website (I assume. I’m not looking at it again.)

Nah. Disneyland Resort Express does that to themselves.

Their slide into less service when they were still Grayline, their sale to coach USA, and their continued slide was done all by their own little business model.

When DRE is good it’s good. And when it’s bad, you’ve missed the hourly* bus and get to wait and wait for the next hours is to get to you, then you’re waiting at Disneyland Hotel for no good reason for 40 minutes when you just want to get to your offsite resort, etc.

(*when I started using them they were half-hourly)

I was just referred to this thread after I posted a new thread asking about trasport services from SNA to DLR for family with a baby (requiring a car seat). In my research the only options I came up with is the "official" Disneyland Resort Express (DRE) and Mickey's Space Ship Shuttle. The former because it's a 50 person motor coach and therefore you're not required to have child in car seat and the latter because the TA reviews I read about them said that they can provide a car seat. The TA reviews Mickey's Space Ship seem unusually good for the most part, only a few really bad reviews, which is why I even considered it. On the other hand, DRE was very mixed. I don't want to miss our ride and be stuck (either at the hotel or at the airport). Yes, MSSS website is laughable. Of course I could jsut rent a car which you can include a car seat for extra $, but man that's a bit of an expense when I'd only need for two trips (to/from airport) but would need to pay for every day that I had the car with me.

The TA reviews Mickey's Space Ship seem unusually good for the most part
Lot of one post wonders amongst those reviews so I’d be careful. Several are confusing them with another service as well. I’m sure they work well sometimes but it’s a cut price service so you generally get what you pay for.
Which hotel are you going to? Zippy Shuttle will provide Car Seats on request. I usually use Karmel but they don’t have car seats but I believe they will install one if you bring it and if you have a private transfer.
DRE has gone downhill a bit with less frequent services but you can always just pay at the kerb, there will always be some company with a half empty vehicle willing to take you but pre arranging that car seat would probably stop you doing that.
All the best.

Thanks for the help folks! So on another thread someone recommended Lansky Transportation. Pricey but seemingly worth it? So I'm considering that too but we've now decided more or less to bring the car seat with us both for peace of mind and flexibility (heaven forbid we have an emergency and need to leave the hotel at any given time). We were just trying to avoid the extra weight but having read everyone's experience, better to stay on the safe side. With that settled, then it opens up many more transport options.

I’ve always used Super Shuttle and never had any issues. Sure you get stuck with others on the shuttle but in my experience they’re all going to Disney too and everyone’s in a good mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!