• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MGM to Epcot????

mickeyfan1

<font color=purple>Come and let me show you my tat
Hard as it is for me to believe, I don't have a transportation map from my last trip, or I can't find it in all the Disbney stuff, so I have a question for all you experts.... Can I get from MGM to WS by boat? I am thinking that DH will not want to see Fantasmic, and I really don't like the new FDP, so I was thinking, we could do a day at MGM, and when we are done, go back to WS for a few more pints, then bus back to AKL. I know I can get the bus from MGM to DTD and transfer, and believe me if I was alone, or with any of my other WDW pals, I would do it that way. We think the busses and transfers are rides, just not inside the parks. But DH is not the best of WDW participants, I have to make this trip as adult and easy as possible. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, there is a boat that takes you from MGM to the "International Gateway" at EPCOT. I will warn you that it is a long trip (time wise). The boat makes 5 (if memory serves me correct) stops along the way. I think it took about 50 minutes.

Boat from MGM to International Gateway (near England) at Epcot makes three stops at the Epcot resorts (Swan/Dolphin, YC/BC, and Boardwalk) before reaching the Gateway. It takes about 30 to 35 minutes. There is also a walkway that goes from MGM along the canal and past BoardWalk to the International Gateway and that walk takes about 20 to 25 minutes. Finally, there is a bus that goes between MGM and Epcot's front entrance and that takes about 15.

That is actually one of my favorite boat rides! It's a very relaxing 30-35 minutes. The boats run between MGM and International Gateway in WS with stops at the Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht Club, and Swan/Dolphin.

Have a great time!
Beth

If we are in a hurry, we walk (didn't know about the bus). :teeth: If not, we take the boat. It's a very pretty ride, especially after dark!

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter