MGM Swap : Final Details

I'll be happy to send in an extra set with the Epcot swap... Sorry this happened to some of you ladies.

Tina

I will send my piece of the Lil Mermaid song since I have NO trip planned to WDW any time soon....if I still have the paper, I will whip out the borders too...I'll send them in the Epcot swap.

I would like to thank everyone who so graciously has offered to make more of their items. I have enjoyed these swaps but not receiving my package has been discouraging and I was not sure I wanted to continue. After reading the posts above like spinnings, twigs, em and Ourdogcisco, who don't care about the extra work it is going to take them, they are doing it out of the kindness of their own hearts. For those of you who are willing making more, Walt would be proud of you.

Thanks so much again for the extra effort.

Hi, I will see what I have left and can make....no problem.
I understand the disappointment, after looking so forward to getting the package.
Franne

Well let me start this reply by saying first off, I'm not in a great mood to begin with, however, I don't blame Cyndi for this happening at all and I am happy to make another set of my items . . . however, to basically be bad mouthed and threatened that I have to do this. . . well I think that was down right rude. Maybe I took that post the wrong way, but noone here had said they weren't going to redo their's so why threaten us? Thanks for letting me vent on that.

Sorry, I haven't been on this board much lately, so I didn't realize what was happening. I will gladly send my MGM items with the Epcot swap. I would be disappointed if it happend to me.

Thanks for keeping us informed Cyndi.

Lisa

Pammy jo,

Sorry you were in a bad mood, but I am not sure who you are talking about when you say bad mouthed or threatened. I hope it wasn't me you were talking about???? Or did I miss something on another thread??? I reread things on this thread and there was nothing of the sort. JMO.

Cyndi,

I PMd you about this. Since 2 of us never got our stuff, it seems only fair to me that the MGM ladies make 2 more sets and enclose them with their Epcot items. From skimming the lists I think there are only 2 or 3 MGM-ers not in the Epcot swap, so that would take care of the majority. And I don't think it would hurt to at least ask those 2 or 3 to redo their items and send them to you as well. She and I put in a lot of time and money as did everybody else and it's not our fault the post office messed up, it's just one of those things and could happen to anybody.

I guess if people aren't willing to do that there's not a whole lot anybody can do about it, but personally I don't care to swap with someone with that attitude. Again I want to point out to anyone taking that position that this could happen to anybody....maybe to you next time....and this is supposed to be a fun thing where we're here to help each other, not take the position that "I got mine, too bad for you." KWIM?

Please let us know what you plan to do to resolve this since several of the ladies (and I thank you all for offering on your own) have stated they will make more things and probably would like to know how many, etc. Thanks!

Peggy

I too was a little surprised by this post. Prior to this posting people already started to ask how many more do we have to make. I don't know of any one who said they wouldn't unless it was done in a PM. This is a shame it had to happen. But something went screwy with the mail. Believe me I am still in shock my packaged arrived. If I still have the envelope I will take a picture of if. It didn't have my name or address anywhere on it. Just bar codes.
Cyndi you do a fantastic job with your swaps and I know you are fretting and trying to figure out the best way to fix this. IT will be fixed!

Pammy Jo,

I'm sorry if you felt "threatened". That post was meant to get this thing resolved. We'd been sitting here for a couple of weeks and nothing was happening, people were posting that they needed to know what to do about this and weren't getting any direction, so I felt it was time to get things moving, which now they have. You also evidently didn't read all of the posts pertaining to these swaps, because not everyone was being gracious about helping out (and I made a point of thanking those that were). If you'd like to know more you can PM me and I'll tell you, but I don't think it needs to be posted for general consumption.

If that makes me rude, so be it. I'd like to know how you'd feel given the same set of circumstances.

Peggy

personally, I have read all the posts and it seemed like most people were very nicely saying that they would be more than happy to make their items again and that they all felt bad for those who hadn't received their swap stuff. This was all being said before the post that pam is talking about. I don't think it was a nice post and I can see why people wouldn't be pleased by it (especially in light of the previous 3 pages where people are more than willing to make stuff again). I'm sorry that you didn't get your swap stuff and I do know exactly how that feels as it has happened to me over on another board just recently. However, I have swapped with cyndi before and would do it again. I'm sure it will get resolved. maggie

I did not see the post in question until last night when I was scrolling through. I had posted on the Epcot swap board that I had run out of certain elements that I used in the MGM Swap and that I was sorry I couldn't send more. I can definitely understand the disappointment of not receiving a package, but the tone used in that post was pretty harsh. I was a little stunned when I read it, although, like I said, I can understand being really bummed about not getting the swap elements.

Since I did this just for fun, and have no trip to scrap and no trip in the works, I am just going to send my own Little Mermaid song piece that I received with the Epcot swap. Like I said, I don't have any more of the stickers I used for the border ( and I accidentally was one short in making the borders so I did not receive one when the stuff was swapped back out), but I will specifically go buy some more this weekend...but one can definitely catch more flies with honey....................................

Originally posted by nicki dahling
Peggy, I got your pm. From my calculations the ladies will only need to make one additional set of items. ( I am holding one set that was for someone who ended up not sending anything ). If that is not possible for some people I am willing to give up my items from this particular swap. If you don't have any more of the supplies ( and can't make some type of substitute that is similiar ), please just let me know so that I can take them out of my package. Most of the ladies in this group are great and have been very willing to help out . I hope this solves the problems , and I hope everyone can now get back to enjoying making and recieving their swap items. I am sorry for the mishap with the post office and I hope this does not discourage anyone from participating in the future. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Cyndi princess:

Peggy,

Did you read this response from Cyndi? It appears that Cyndi is willing to give up her swap item for those swappers who cannot make another set. I think that is totally gracious of her. So, either way I really don't think you have much to worry about because you'll get all your swapped items. HTH...

First of all I want to thank everyone for their support. I never for one moment doubted that you ladies would come through when things started going wacko.

Peggy if you felt at all that I was not handling things in a timely manner I opologise now for the miscommunication. Like everyone else I felt most ( if not all ) of the ladies had pretty much decided to make new items , and I had already decided I would take care of the rest. I too thought the post pretty much spoke in defense of that. It was just a matter of waiting for the Epcot packages to come in.

Having said all of that, I'm now asking that everyone please just get back to having fun together. The one thing I love about the ladies here is that we have always been supportive, and our swaps ( even when we have a few mishaps here and there )happen to be some of the best around. I would hope that we would be able to continue swapping together.

As many of you know I have had a lot going on in the last few months. Maybe I have said it before, and will probably say it again.......

Life is to short ladies, people are dying around us . Family and friends do not speak, children are in pain, our world is topsy turvy. In the grand scheme of things, we could all be gone tommorrow. I come here to escape, to share my love of Disney and scrapbooking. I love all of you ladies, and hope to continue our frienship. Maybe even get the opportunity to meet you one day.

Let's all agree to just get along. I would hate for us to lose this special privilege.

To my very special friends ( you know who you are ). Thank you. Your support means more to me then you shall ever know.

God's blessings to you all,

Cyndi

Thank you Cyndi, for clearing the air and saying what you said. I bought my stickers this morning and just re-did the extra borders. I agree that life is too hectic and too crazy right now to get all in a dither about this kind of stuff.

Now let's get back to the fun stuff~~

And P.S. I have to say I am kinda feeling sorry for my own self----I was supposed to be leaving for WDW tomorrow morning for a girl's trip for 5 days. But then DH got mobilized and left for the war AND I got pregnant, so I had to cancel (couldn't afford to bring our older two kids with me and I felt bad leaving them behind with Daddy gone too). The whole reason I participated in this swap was to have lots of neat elements for this trip. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...but life goes on and I am sure when DH gets back in early 2006 maybe we can plan a trip to the World then and I can use all this great stuff I got from you ladies!!!!!! :D

I am sorry so many of you seem to think I was being unreasonable in my posting. Remember that the last of the envelopes were sent out (via priority, I think) on October 2, and many people posted that they received theirs on the 5th and 6th. By the middle of the following week it was pretty clear that the others were lost. Unless I totally missed it noone ever said anything about what would happen next, other than some people offered to send replacements. Cyndi did ask for responses from people about that time to see how many were lost. However, there was nothing specific said about asking for replacements from the entire group or whatever. Then on another thread one of the participants posted that she had the paper she had used, but not the other supplies, so sorry but she couldn't send any more pieces (this person has since posted something different). That's when I started to lose my patience and PMd Cyndi. When I didn't hear back from her in 2 or 3 days I posted to the thread what I thought was a reasonable way to go. Evidently I was wrong.

Since so many of you seem to feel put out about all this please don't bother to send any more MGM pieces. WDWmom can have the extra set so at least she will get something for her efforts. I'll just consider it a good lesson learned.

Peggy

Originally posted by nicki dahling
Life is to short ladies, people are dying around us . Family and friends do not speak, children are in pain, our world is topsy turvy. In the grand scheme of things, we could all be gone tommorrow.

Cyndi, every so often we all need to be reminded that life is too short. Let's have fun! I posted a similar thread on the DIS DVC bb just before Christmas last year about putting things in perspective.

I didn't participate in these swaps - mostly because of time - but I do know what it feels like to not receive everything. It happened to me last year in the second SS Swap. I think it was an honest mistake on the part of another person. There is more to my life than to worry about a few sb items :).

Cyndi, from what I have read over the last several months, you have done a wonderful job organizing & coordinating these swaps!!

First I want to say I am sorry that I have not been in these swaps - but with the new little one time is sparse - I haven't even been able to scrap much let alone make swap items...

I like to read once in a while (while feeding munchkin) and see what everyone is doing and all I have to say is...

Cyndi PLEASE do not let this get you down -
I know how hard it is to manage these swaps - and I know how guilty one feels when things go wrong or people do not get what they 'expected'. (I must apologize for swap items I sent over two years ago when I joined this board - I now see how dang ugly they are-lol)
Maybe the missing envie will still show up - I know I send a Christmas card to NYC and I got it back in JUNE returned to me - I called this cousin and they hadn't moved and the addy was right -made NO SENSE to any of us!

Peggy - I understand how you feel also - it stinks when things don't go as planned or expected...
unfortunately when communicating on a messageboard sometimes responses take longer than we would like...and things don't always come across as they are meant.
Would you like me to send you some of the things I have from last years swap?? We haven't been to Dis cuz of the little ones arrival and won't be going til Spring now so I don't need anything anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter