• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MGM Shows

Biscuitsmom31

<font color=peach>Burn a candle to deal with the s
:goodvibes Only one week until our family vacation!! :cool1:

I was wondering if I could get any advice on the wheelchair seating for the shows at MGM. I read somewhere that the Lights Motor Action seating was a poor view with no shade. My kids really want to see a stunt show. Is Indiana Jones' wheelchair seating any better? My kids are 8, 7, 7, & 3. Would Little mermaid be a better choice? I know my DS-3 would love Playhouse Disney but besides my DH being in a wheelchair, I have RA and getting up and down out of the floor is NOT an option. Skip it? :confused3

Sorry so many questions! There are just so many shows at MGM and there is no way to see them all. I want to find the ones that are best suited to all our needs. :listen:

Biscuitsmom31 said:
:goodvibes Only one week until our family vacation!! :cool1:

I was wondering if I could get any advice on the wheelchair seating for the shows at MGM. I read somewhere that the Lights Motor Action seating was a poor view with no shade. My kids really want to see a stunt show. Is Indiana Jones' wheelchair seating any better? My kids are 8, 7, 7, & 3. Would Little mermaid be a better choice? I know my DS-3 would love Playhouse Disney but besides my DH being in a wheelchair, I have RA and getting up and down out of the floor is NOT an option. Skip it? :confused3

Sorry so many questions! There are just so many shows at MGM and there is no way to see them all. I want to find the ones that are best suited to all our needs. :listen:

We were there in June-

The stunt show WC seating is in the shade. It near the top of the stadium but the action is so big I never had an issue seeing. I thought it was great but the 10 year old doesnt like the explosions and there are quite a few. Indiana Jones is at the top too but you can see everything there as well. That has explosions too.

Can your DH take your DS to playhouse disney while you do something else with the older child(ren)? We didnt do it because the kids are too old.

I personally didnt think the Little Mermaid was that great but thats my opinion. You must do Beauty and The Beast- That was front row seating which was wonderful for once (you might have to ask and it's a long ramp down).

there is also wc seating for indy at the front, on the side. you just have to ask.

All seating at Indy is in the shade. The wheelcahir seating in front is not that great as it is well to the side of the theater
Playhouse Disney there are some benches at the back on the side for those who cannot sit on the floor.

I enjoy the Beauty & the Beast show - seating for wheelchairs (I use a scooter/ECV) is either along the back or down front (via a ramp). Both areas are shaded. Indiana Jones seating areas are under cover, so they are shaded. Little Mermaid is inside, & it is usually cooler (air-conditioned!) than outside. Millionaire is indoors, too. I have yet to see the new stunt show, so I cannot help there.

I have found the Studios' CMs to be very aware of guests with disabilities, handicaps, etc.

Lights, Motors, Action!™ Extreme Stunt Show: This show has the most options for wheelchair seating. There are seats in the middle as well as the front and back. You have to take an elevator to get to some of the seating.

Indiana Jones ™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!: The back rows of all the sections have cut outs for wheelchairs (in groups of 1 or 2) and seats for members of their party intermingled. A couple seats in the front alllllll the way to one side or the other are also available.

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It!: There is a separate wheelchair entrance. The front rows of all the sections (in groups of 1 or 2) have cut outs for wheelchairs and seats for members of their party intermingled. Air conditioned.

Voyage of The Little Mermaid: The back row has cut outs for wheelchairs (in groups of 1 or 2) and seats for members of their party intermingled. I really liked this show. It is a great place to cool off as it's air conditioned and part of the special effects involves a lot of cool mist.

Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!: I don't know...

Muppet Vision 3-D: The back row has cut outs for wheelchairs (in groups of 1 or 2) and seats for members of their party intermingled. I really liked this show. Air conditioned.

Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey : The back row has cut outs for wheelchairs (in groups of 1 or 2) and seats for members of their party intermingled. A lot of this show is in complete darkness and there are scary effects. Air conditioned.

Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage: I am not sure on the specifics on this one...I do know that seats are available in the front and back.

Fantasmic: You have to see this show! It ties (with Festival of the Lion King in AK) for best show. The back row of the bleachers is exclusively for wheelchairs and the bleachers directly in front-the back row-are for members of their party. You can make other people move. There are a couple seats in front, also. Get there early!

I hope I helped. Have a great time!

Christamae

eternaldisneyfan said:
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It!: There is a separate wheelchair entrance. The front rows of all the sections (in groups of 1 or 2) have cut outs for wheelchairs and seats for members of their party intermingled. Air conditioned. Christamae
This show only has one section with seating for handicapped. The front of the rest of the of the sections is where the fastest finger players sit.

Don't forget the Backlot Tour. The tour tram has space for a wheelchair. You get to see a demonstration of how they fake a torpedo attack on a ship staged in a big warer tank, a ride around the *backlot and then the tram gets caught up in a fake landslide with lots of water.

*I haven't been on the Backlot Tour for a couple of years, since before 'Lights Action Moteurs' was constructed where the backlot was, so I don't know how much of the backot remains. From reading other messages on these boards, it may be that you will ride across the stunt set.

Andrew

Thank you for your replies!! After all of your comments I'm wondering if I should rethink my plans and spend two days at MGM. Sooo much to do!

On another note, how many times do I have to post to get rid of the "earing my ears" stigma? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter