MG-CON on 2/9/2002

MIB999999

<font color=purple>MIB Fantastic Four sensei<br><f
It was a great success. Four of us wnrt to ride froont row HULK, ICE and FIRE. WE did this and then went over to MIB for practice. We ran into the rest of the group and rode MIB a few more times and then made our way over to MYTHOS.

MYTHOS: the specials were really good. We were not able to have SPIDERMAN make an appearance due to his having to leave Super Hero Island and the copyrights and contracts and such. Some thought that Jeff the Mythos manager should have donned a costume and played the role!!!!. The VIP room was great and KEIRIN was our server and did her usual excellent job. We got to try some special made ice cream prior to the meal thanks to Chef Mark. One was a white chocklate and red spanish wine mix and the other was a chocklate and merlot wine mix. Both were very good and a great way to start off a 2 hour meal. We had great food, great laughs, we toasted those present and those not present and a special toast for ROBINRS.

We again split up somewhat and regrouped at MIB for the Shoot-off at 5:00. Kelly had the books there and Molokai had the chocklate covered squid there as well. Kelly and i had already decided that if i were to compete he should just hand me the books at MYTHOS. We did some training and made three runs for the shoot-off. Robert Walker got 999,999 on the third run with Rocketman23 hitting 885,000 on his third run. Both were awarded the appropriate prize for their accomplishment.

we next rode Jaws and the fire on the water did not occur. The skipper of the bout went right on with the dialouge anyway. Next round-up some drinks and stake out a place to catch the beads.
Barry was filming and the rest of us were catching. MsDiz's son caught the eye of some of the young girls on the float and he was showered with beads.

We walked around to hear .38 Special. That is Robert, MsDiz, her sons and MIB did, the rest went to Citywalk for some grub. We stayed till the end of the concert and headed for the Hard Rock or the parking garage as was appropriate.

Lots of fun and great to put a face with the board name.
:smooth:

Just got home, 3.5 hour drive. Weird sitting at my computer reading about something that happened only a few hours ago.
It's like I was just there, and now I'm home. I watched the first song of 38 special, then I headed out.

The Risotto at Mythos was incredible. For Mardi Gras, it was served as a Gumblya style. Rolled chicken wrapped in bacon. Risotto with all kinds of vegetables, and a medium spicy red sauce, wow.

MIB training was fun, my score went up after getting some tips. My last run was 325,000. I'll have to go over those notes some more.

Nice meeting everyone.

Sounds like you all had a great time! :)
Mythos sounds exceptionally good!

Originally posted by CPM
Sounds like you all had a great time! :)
Mythos sounds exceptionally good!

CPM we rode Spiderman this morning 2/10 and it stopped at the point of the Hobgoblin throwing the fiery pumpkin. I missed a great opportunity to do my best impression of you on this ride when the same thing happened. OH well at least you were in all of our minds at that point.

as an aside the crowd for .38 Special was every bit as large as the crowd for The Pointer Sisters, two years ago. I can not figure why the crowd was so large unless it has something to do with Speed Week in Daytona??? :jester:

Originally posted by MIB999999

CPM we rode Spiderman this morning 2/10 and it stopped at the point of the Hobgoblin throwing the fiery pumpkin. I missed a great opportunity to do my best impression of you on this ride when the same thing happened. OH well at least you were in all of our minds at that point.

I feel so honored ya'll thought of me!:)

Wow, you guys sound like you had a great time. Thanks for the toast... I sure wish I could've been there....

I was out of town myself, in Tennessee with my folks. Not for a second did I not remember just what was going on in Orlando, though!!

It does my heart good to know that this board contributed in bringing together such extraordinary people! :D

It does my heart good to know that this board contributed in bringing together such extraordinary people! :D[/b] [/B]

See Barry i told you she was not heartless:D :D :bounce: :bounce: :D

Can you imagine what the trip report board will look like if everyone writes a TR?
And it's even funnier here because most people on the dis boards do each day as a seperate message. Yes, everyone go ahead and write a TR because there are so many details of what happened.

My highlites of the trip.
On Friday 02/08/02, I hit all 6 B&M roller coasters in the same day. I hit BGT from 10am-12am riding Montu and Kumba. I was also first in the park getting the first car out on Rhino Rally, and I got a left turn ride. It was some feeling to be running thru the park with everyone else behind me. Then to SWF to ride Kraken, awesome, in the back row, major floatage down the first drop. This coaster deserves more respect. Then to IOA for Hulk, and Dueling Dragons. Many rides, even the front seat on both coasters as the park was about to close. This is a major tip for many of you. Arrive early at the park, get some rides, then go back 1 hour before closing and the queues will empty out.

Oh, on Saturday, 02/09/02, I was first thru the turnstile, first at the bridge, and in the first Hulk train out in the front row. Ahhhh, the excitement of being first. The sprint from the bridge thru the queue, I was proud of myself.

Robert Walker won the MIB shootoff. What's nice about this is that I sat across from him at Mythos, it was a 3 hour lunch, and we chatted about coasters. Then Kelly Morghan gave us cards for his books, that said 50% off. It was funny because Robert said he wanted to buy them, and probably would. Guess what, Kelly gave the winner of the MIB shoot off a copy of his latest books. Robert won with a 999,999, and deserved the books. He even ate the choclate covered squid, saying it was chewy.

We hoped Earl and IOATech would show up at Mythos, we'd like to say hi to both of you. What can I say? I'm a coaster fan, I want to talk coaster talk with insiders. If you don't spill any beans then thats fine, but at least I can let you know what I like and maybe you'll pick up some ideas on the next big thrill ride.

MIB999 was a great tour guide leading everyone around the park. He and Kelly had Spiderman shirts on, and a few people walked up to them asking where they could be bought. The ones they had on are not available anymore. Yep, those shirts do look awesome.

Everyone had these little secrets. Like H20Jag who told us about going up the exit ramp of Earthquake to skip the preshow. For some reason, we had the entire train to ourselves, 14 of us, plus 1 other group. Really weird, we get in the train, and the ride op closes all the doors and we leave.

It was funny walking into the queue and answering 14 when asked how many. The ride ops we're cool about it. One girl on Kong was real friendly with us saying it was time to go home but she didn't want too. I don't blame her, the parade was about to start. Just imagine the next meeting if we have more people. How many? 35.

Oh, so many details.
We might need a new thread, or everyone post in the TR board.

I can't speak for the beggining of the day, but the last half was certainly fun! Molokai was very friendly, as was the entire group. Although since I'm new at this, I wanted to see someone eat the pork brain, but I settled for watching Robert eat the choclate covered squid... which smelt like the penguin encounter! :)

*Note that I am not crazy, I was trying that hat out for Mardi Gras:p

*Also, I have not eaten my squid prize yet, but am slowly working up the courage.:D

Well I had to make the trip home also. I had a 3.5 hour trip due to the storm across Florida. At several times was only doing 25 on the turnpike.

I had a great time. I would like to thank Chef Mark for the greeting to the group and him taking the time out of the kitchen to tell us the specials. That ice cream was excellent. Hopefully they become a perminate fixture. I had a helping today for my dessert with lunch.

I am looking foward to another meet with people from the boards. I am currently planning at least 2 trips next month for Marti Gras. They had a really great showing for the first night. They had several police and EMS personnel start off the parade. Everybody was giving the personnel high 5, cheering and clapping for the heros that was represented there. They are inviting department from the US to march in the parade and give them free admission to the park and 50% discout to their spouces. Miami even had two of the search dogs there the was searching at ground zero.

I'M HOME!! It's was GREAT to meet everyone face to face! It was neat because it was like a gathering of old friends instead meeting people for the first time.

I'm hoping Barry will write a trip report like he usually does and I'm going to add on to it!

The parades were so much fun! I haven't laughed that hard in a loooong time.

Thanks again everyone for your hospitality. This yankee had an unforgettable trip.

Robin, CPM, and everyone: We MISSED you guys! Oh, and you should have heard the other things MIB999999 said!:p :p

Originally posted by nhrenee
Robin, CPM, and everyone: We MISSED you guys! Oh, and you should have heard the other things MIB999999 said!:p :p [/B]

Thanks, we missed being there!!
Tell us some of the things he said!

DD, DW, & I had the time of our lives at MG-Con! Very special for us to see MG again, and to meet Renee & so many others. Makes you wish every trip would include "the whole gang" at a Meet!
The trip reports will be interesting (and coming soon too!). It was like a bunch of kids in the candy store for the first time!
Missing this past week-end already!!
Jim

See Barry i told you she was not heartless

YES, I AM! I just had a moment of "niceness" last night.... :rolleyes:

Don't ruin my reputation!

Renee, we WILL meet one day! I just wish these great meets would happen when I can make it! :D

Well, I'm finally coming up for air after clawing my way from under the pile of work that greeted me on my return.

I really don't have too much to add to what everyone else said except that it was such a hoot to meet everyone and try to keep screen names and real names sorta straight. I have trouble remembering names anyway and when everyone has two....!

This has been my first experience of meeting people through a chat room situation and it was fascinating how everyone seemed like old friends even though some of us had never met face to face before.

Oh, and the Spiderman shirts are still available. I bought mine on the trip at the COMICS store (20% off with annual pass!). What ISN"T available anymore (unfortunately) is the way-cool style that MIB9s has. But mine was pretty close, making me a sort of shorter, less grey version of the Master MIB-ster.

I got a kick out of how MIB9s is like the honorary mayor of IOA. Everyone seems to know him.

And Donna, when I said that we were all going to move to Moloka'i and apply for welfare, I wasn't kidding. Sounds like a sound retirement plan to me. Get my little grass shack ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter