Mexican?

Wow. Chili's?

I'm just going to assume this restaurant is light years different than Rick Bayless's restaurants here in Chicago. He is a master of Mexican cuisine and his restaurants are award winning.

Has anyone on here eaten at his places in Chicago and Orlando? Just wondering the difference.

Now I want to try out the Disney Springs place and see for myself!
I have eaten at his Frontera Grill in Chicago. He was actually working in the kitchen the night we were there, this was before the advent of celebrity chefs outside of Wolfgang and a couple of others. He just had the grill and the fine dining Topo at the time

We have eaten at the Frontera Cocina serveral time and find it comparable to the grill in Chicago.

If you go in expecting Tex-Mex food (like Chevy's or most other "Mexican" places here in Florida) you will not find it at Cocina

La Hacienda is really good for dinner. If you want something quick, La Cantina or Choza de Margarita have some good options, too.
I agree that La Hacienda has always been good with a great view of the fireworks, with music piped in (last time I saw this was Illuminations, but would presume still applies). Cocktails were good too!

La Hacienda has good food and decent service.

San Angel has good food if you aren't wanting Tex Mex ( I agree with others that you should look at the menu first) but their service isn't always the best and the tables are very close to each other.

Can't go wrong with LaCava if you just want a drink and some chips and guac. or salsa.

La Cantina isn't bad either, more of a Tex Mex type place.

I lived in south Texas for a while as a child and back then you could walk across into Mexico so we ate Mexican food a lot. I also lived in New Mexico when I was a teenager, again ate a lot of Mexican there since my Daddy worked for the highway department and a lot of his workers were Mexican and would send stuff home with him. I was born in Cucamonga, Cal. so again, Mexican food. The food at San Angel is as close to authentic as you are going to get on property, I don't think a lot of people are used to that, thus the bad reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter