Mexican Riviera or Southern Caribbean and Why?

Southern all the way! We just did a Southern on the Wonder (well a month ago now) and LOVED it. We loved all our Disney cruises but this was by far the best, largely due to ports. We were in Antigua, Aruba, Martinique and St.Kitts.
Let's not forget Puerto Rico which is a great port to sail out of.

Southern all the way! We just did a Southern on the Wonder (well a month ago now) and LOVED it. We loved all our Disney cruises but this was by far the best, largely due to ports. We were in Antigua, Aruba, Martinique and St.Kitts.
Let's not forget Puerto Rico which is a great port to sail out of.

Our itinerary goes to Aruba, Bonaire, Antigua and St. Maarten. Any excursions that you recommend? How soon did you fly into PR? I was thinking the day before sail date.

Our itinerary goes to Aruba, Bonaire, Antigua and St. Maarten. Any excursions that you recommend? How soon did you fly into PR? I was thinking the day before sail date.
Well our Fav excursion was in St.Kitts but that's not one of your ports. Aruba we did the Atlantic Submarine, loved it even though I was scared to do it :), then you can take a cab to Arashi Beach.
Antigua was our beach day, we went to Valley Church beach which is right beside Jolly Beach - either would be a great choice but Valley Church was less crowded.
We flew in to Puerto Rico the day before, we had time to explore Old San Juan, have dinner at a local restaurant - walk around etc :)

Loved both but was on the same Bonaire itinerary as someone else in this thread and like they said, it was FANTASTIC. Wish I could do it again next year but we are on the Xmas Fantasy and two cruises that close together is too much for us personally. :)

One thing to definitely try to give yourself time for in San Juan is a nighttime bioluminescent bay tour.

:thumbsup2

We did the kayaking in Fajardo and it was a very memorable experience. Fajardo is easier to get to from San Juan than Vieques, though I believe the bioluminescence is better in Vieques. Not sure how it all is after the hurricane though. :(

Loved both but was on the same Bonaire itinerary as someone else in this thread and like they said, it was FANTASTIC. Wish I could do it again next year but we are on the Xmas Fantasy and two cruises that close together is too much for us personally. :)

What did you do in Bonaire? I had never heard of it before booking this itinerary.

Rent a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers. Email them today, they sell out fast. They give you a map and you can travel around the island. It is an easy drive and you can see so much. I wish we had gone to the Donkey Sanctuary.

Rent a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers. Email them today, they sell out fast. They give you a map and you can travel around the island. It is an easy drive and you can see so much. I wish we had gone to the Donkey Sanctuary.

I saw the donkey sanctuary as one of the port adventures. I would love to go there!

Would love to visit Bonaire too... and St.Lucia, Curaçao, Barbados.... this why I must do another S Caribbean sailing!
Just another thing to love about it... you could take 3 different sailings and they can have (at least some) different ports.

Would love to visit Bonaire too... and St.Lucia, Curaçao, Barbados.... this why I must do another S Caribbean sailing!
Just another thing to love about it... you could take 3 different sailings and they can have (at least some) different ports.

Good point!

One thing to definitely try to give yourself time for in San Juan is a nighttime bioluminescent bay tour.

No not at all... its best though if it is a NEW moon, as the light from the moon takes away from the bioluminescence.

I guess there are 3 places in PR to do this. Anyone know which one is the closest to San Juan?

I guess there are 3 places in PR to do this. Anyone know which one is the closest to San Juan?

Fajardo is the closest. We combined it with a visit to El Yunque National Forest and Luquillo (beach with a bunch of local food kiosks).

This was some years ago, not sure what the condition of anything is after the hurricane.

Fajardo is the closest. We combined it with a visit to El Yunque National Forest and Luquillo (beach with a bunch of local food kiosks).

This was some years ago, not sure what the condition of anything is after the hurricane.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter