Messed up- made an ADR for 4 and we have 5

GinnyBear's_mom

DIS Veteran
We have a Christmas trip planned for DH, myself and our 3 kids and I made my ADRs online at the 180 day mark. We have the DxDP so I had quite a few reservations to make. I've looked through my ADRs a few times and recently realized I made a mistake, we have a Citrico's reservation on Christmas Eve for 4 people not 5! Ever since I realized I have been checking multiple times a day for a party of 5 (or even 6). I even have tried looking for a table of 2 in case we have to split up our party. We have 2 adults, 2 children and 1 "infant" (our 2 year old). There have been zero tables available at Citrico's for any time or any party size at dinnertime on Christmas Eve. Do you think they will allow my 2 year old to sit on an adult's lap? I don't plan on giving up my search and I have Touring Plans and another site hunting for a reservation. Please tell me I didn't ruin Christmas Eve dinner for my family!

On more than one occasion while traveling with family I had to get two reservations for a group of 7. Every time they were able to seat us at the same table and said not to worry they can always accommodate one or two extra guests. The one time they did not even acknowledge the second reservation and said we did not arrive and charged us a no show fee. Had to call and straiten it out. With a family of 5 it is always harder to find a table. I will start searching for 5 but if I have to I will resort to 4. Also with your youngest being an infant I would not really worry over it to much.

Last edited:

I would call the restaurant directly. I had an entire trip of reservations booked with my in-laws one year, with the understanding one of my brother-in-laws could not get off work. We just asked at each restaurant when we checked in, and they accommodated our extra person every time. So you do not have to stress like I did, I would call the restaurant directly. If you talk to someone on the reservation hotline, all they can do is search for reservations like you are doing, but if you call Citricos directly, they can make a note on your reservation.

I agree with those who suggest calling either the restaurant directly, or Disney dining.

It has everything to do with capacity. If 10% of bookings just assumed they could show up with an extra person, there would be an awful lot of extras.

When we went our our trip with a two year old, I booked our earliest ADR's without realizing that even though they didn't need a ticket, they still needed to be counted when booking. I booked Cinderella's table for 4. I was able to change our others from 4 to 5, except that one. I kept trying, but eventually, just called the restaurant to modify. They were able to do it. I didn't want to take the risk of "just showing up" and be turned away.

I agree with those who suggest calling either the restaurant directly, or Disney dining.

It has everything to do with capacity. If 10% of bookings just assumed they could show up with an extra person, there would be an awful lot of extras.

When we went our our trip with a two year old, I booked our earliest ADR's without realizing that even though they didn't need a ticket, they still needed to be counted when booking. I booked Cinderella's table for 4. I was able to change our others from 4 to 5, except that one. I kept trying, but eventually, just called the restaurant to modify. They were able to do it. I didn't want to take the risk of "just showing up" and be turned away.

How did you call the restaurant directly? I've been knocking myself out trying to add my friend's niece to our reservations and I'm not having any luck.

While no direct experience at Disney, many restaurants don't count a toddler (who could sit in a high chair) as a 5th person. Many times, with our family of 5, we're given a 4 top table and they pop a high chair on the end. All that to say, I would be very surprised if they wouldn't/couldn't accommodate a 5th person who is in a high chair.

How did you call the restaurant directly? I've been knocking myself out trying to add my friend's niece to our reservations and I'm not having any luck.

I called Guest Services, and told them what the issue was. I thought they put me in touch with the restaurant, but maybe they solved it directly......

Ok. I just got back Saturday and I had this exact problem ( I made ADRs for 8 6 months out but our number jumped to 9...we are foster parents...for our November trip) I was so worried about it, I physically walked to each restaurant we had ADRs for and told then we are coming back in November, we have an extra foster child, I have reservations for 8 but little dude makes it 9. They ALL told me not to worry, it would be fine, They would accommodate us no problem. They lady at Akershus told me that people do it ALL the time. They bring a party of 20 up for a party if 10. I want even sure if all the restaurants were telling me the truth, so I went to hotel concierge and told them my dilemma hoping they might be able to help adjust reservation. Concierge told me to please not worry about it. So, that is a true story, from the mouths of 8 restaurants and 2 concierge. Now, I am still going realizing that they may very well tell me no way, can't do it, and one of us will take so solo park time, but iam telling you this, straight from the horse's ( or mouse's) mouth!

Thanks for your responses everyone! After checking obsessively for what felt like the 100th time I finally found a reservation for 5! Touring Plans and the other reservation finder I used did not notify me, so I must have caught it just as someone dropped it. One less thing to worry about for our vacation- so relieved!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter