Message in a Bottle

fhtpdw20

DIS Veteran
We went on a cruise with Castaway Cay stop on June 15. The first time I have been to Castaway Cay where the Post Office was actually open so I bought a message in a bottle as post card to send home. Still waiting for it to make land. How long did it take your post cards to be delivered here in the US?

I don't remember exactly HOW long but it was a few months. Not sure what takes so long??

If you still remember you sent it, it's way too early to get it. It's when you've completely given up and even forgot you sent it that you may get it (at least 2 months, typically closer to 3, occasionally never.)

:rotfl2: Several, several weeks. Do not hold your breath, and we you have lost all hope, maybe it will arrive. :rotfl:

If you still remember you sent it, it's way too early to get it. It's when you've completely given up and even forgot you sent it that you may get it (at least 2 months, typically closer to 3, occasionally never.)

::yes::

We went on a cruise with Castaway Cay stop on June 15. The first time I have been to Castaway Cay where the Post Office was actually open so I bought a message in a bottle as post card to send home. Still waiting for it to make land. How long did it take your post cards to be delivered here in the US?

The fastest arrival time was three weeks, the longest arrival time was never.

We've been to CC six times and have never seen the post office open. Always wondered about it.

Maybe if people went to the beach and tossed it in, it would get there earlier? When I was there in late March and I almost hit a floating green wine bottle with my jet ski. So obviously others think it might be faster too!
I regret not spinning around and grabbing the bottle, but I was a terrible driver on those things! I always felt like I could fly off at any moment!
I got so far behind I eventually opened her all the way up and left it in Gods hands. I went way over 50 (50 what I'm not sure)! Probably would not go on them again. Too old to live on the edge I guess.

One of the post cards sold at She Sells is a novelty plastic bottle with a scroll inside. I put Greeting from Castaway Cay and dated it to see how long it would take to arrive. The post office was open for the first time in my four visits. Sorry for the confusion but it was not an actual bottle.

The post office is an actual Bahama's post office ... the mail does not travel on the Disney ships .....

Bahamas Postal service employs "mail ships" {in the hey day of drug wars in the Bahamas we were asked to STOP boarding and inspecting the mail ships!)

Castaway Cay is not a BIG stop for routine mail ... nor does the 'postmaster' live there. They come over for the day from a larger nearby island as do many of the concession workers like the parasail boats ...

I suspect they wait for a bag to fill up b4 they take it back to THEIR island which may not get daily service .....

next time you complain about USPS think about this ....

We've been to CC six times and have never seen the post office open. Always wondered about it.

We've been twice. The first time the Post Office looked closed so I didn't even try the door. The second time (one year ago this week) I asked the Bahamian Customs Person as I went through the gates if the Post Office was going to be open today, and they said "Now. It is open now." I walked over and it looked closed up tight as a drum. But I tried the door and sure enough there was the post master! No one was stopping there. When I came out with my stamps, people commented that it didn't look open.

I'd suggest that you try the door and see if it is open. I'm going to try it when we are there again in Nov. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter