Merrytime character questions

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
We are scheduled for a merry time cruise this november. My daughter is character obsessed. Do the main characters come out in their christmas attire more than once? And does belle wear her christmas dress for the princess gatherings or is it just random?

From what i've seen, mickey,minnie,goofy,pluto and belle are the only ones dressed in christmas attire. is that correct?
thanks in advance.

From my memory, when we went on the Merrytime cruise the main crew (Mickey and his friends) were dressed up in holiday wear and I believe more than once. The princesses were not dressed up, but they also had Santa Claus as a meetable character.

On our Merrytime cruise, Belle was not in her Christmas dress at the Princess meet and greet, but did have a separate meet that she was in it. If you want to meet Mickey and friends in their Christmas sweaters (not their holiday formal wear) they came out after story time with Mrs. Claus. Just make sure you have your own camera because there aren't any photographers for this. I didn't know they were going to be there and sadly did not have my camera.

They also have a Christmas version of their tropical outfits. Its green and red versus the normal yellow/orange flowers.
Those are used for the Christmas deck party and strolls. Rarely for scheduled meets so those are the hardest to complete the collection.

on the merrytime cruise i did back in 2015, on the last night they did a holidays around the world celebration in the atrium.
Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto, Chip and Dale all dressed in costume from holiday celebrations from around the world - it was really good and they had some great costumes.
Mickey definitely had a Christmas jumper look from what I remember on another evening too!

Thanks for all your experiences :)

@ Chipmunkmaniac: So nice to read that their outfits are still some sort of tropcial! I'd love to meet the classic characters in tropical/Caribbean attire <3

The last picture you can see Belle in her christmas outfit, along with the other characters (and Stitch in his Christmas shirt).
The last one was taken at 'Till we meet again' on the last night and its your last chance to see the characters and get photos with them. Belle is usually in there Christmas dress then.

Attachments

• 12525334_10156430988470075_1434785954403683312_o.jpg
    12525334_10156430988470075_1434785954403683312_o.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 10959348_10155177369710075_211966712780579254_n.jpg
    10959348_10155177369710075_211966712780579254_n.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 1903006_10153334545074021_1785384808169259030_n.jpg
    1903006_10153334545074021_1785384808169259030_n.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 40
We did one in Decmber '16. Chip & Dale, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Mickey & Minnie were dressed in Christmas attire. Stich was seen in green/red tropical attire on Castaway Cay. I recall seeing Belle standing in her winter attire at the top of the staircase for pics/autographs, but this was also while docked at Castaway Cay. We didn't see any other princesses, but we didn't make an effort to do so, either. It was a shorter cruise, and we had goals/plans we wanted to accomplish. Hope this helps.

We have done two Merrytime Cruises. Others have mentioned some of the characters you missed, but Daisy does come out in a Christmas outfit as well. If you do miss any of them, they do come out in their Christmas attire in the See Ya Real Soon show the last night of the cruise, but they should be in their Christmas attire throughout the cruise as well.

So there won't be a "caribbean Style Mickey" at Castaway Cay aswell, only Stitch?

So there won't be a "caribbean Style Mickey" at Castaway Cay aswell, only Stitch?
Those are the christmas tropicals that I was mentionning...
Some cruises they uses them on CC in stead of the normal beach wear, some cruise they don't use them there but for the deck party and for strolls or casual pool meets.

Very helpful, thank you :)
Now my only sorrow is that we could skip CC because of strong winds or so...

Very helpful, thank you :)
Now my only sorrow is that we could skip CC because of strong winds or so...

If you skip castaway and it becomes a sea day, they usually (in my experience every time but someone here will correct me if I say that) still do the same character meet and greets just onboard instead, as well as some sorts of character dance party like they do on the island.

On Castaway Cay, we saw the regular tropical style Mickey and Goofy. The red/green tropical Minnie was either right on the island when we got off the ship to enter Castaway Cay or she was inside the ship right before stepping off. She was getting ready to end her shift, and was making her way back to the ship to change if it was indeed off the ship, we caught her. She was no longer avail for pics, I do recall. We slept in on the Castaway Cay day, and took our time over breakfast, since it was calling for rain, so we missed her for pics, but I certainly can promise you we seen her in the red/green attire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter