Merged Irma impact on The Fort threads here

I called twice today. The reservations CM today, says they might have the Fort open on Saturday. Then again, maybe not. Same message from 2 different CMs 2 hours apart. I didn't have the "anticipated wait of over 2 hours" to sit on hold since I'm at work today. I'm on vacation starting tomorrow. If I can't get through tonight, I'll probably put an ear piece in and sit on hold tomorrow while I'm packing things up.

Tripleb sounds like he actually talked to someone in guest relations who would not offer a relocation for one night (17th- his check in date) since the plan is still for the Fort to open on Monday.

Still lots of confusing messages. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday have a little more clarity. I may be putting the generator from my old camper into the new one tonight. I can parking lot camp for several days that way and still go to the parks.

j

No problem Teamubr ... good luck with your call. The Guest Services CM told me that hold times are in the 3 - 4 hour range. He also told me that the availability of Resort rooms are extremely limited due to evacuees, housing medical personnel, first responders and such. I opted not to even pursue a resort room for our original arrival of the 17th ... just too much confusion and my 65 year old brain is just plain stuffed full :-)

On another note, the Florida State Parks that are closed due to the storm won't reopen for quite some time. A State rep told me the park, where we were going to stay, would be closed until the 20th at the earliest. Reserve America says they have info that the parks won't reopen until the 28th. With that said, I'm not certain whether we will make the pull all in one day ( the 18th ) or, find a motel room about half way to the park ... maybe even closer.

Thanks again Tripleb,

I just called Lake Louisa and got the same message. They will not open until the 28th, at the earliest.

With that, I had to go to Plan B (or F or G) for Friday night.

For anyone due to check in this weekend.

I was able to get a camp site Friday through Monday at Kissimmee KOA. 407-396-2400 They are being very accommodating and flexible. I definitely needed Friday. They had me pay for Friday night and I have Saturday and Sunday on hold, but if the Fort opens before Monday, I won't be charged for those nights. It isn't cheap. $74/night for full hookups.

j

Thanks Pat.....I got the same email yesterday. My daughter saw a post in a Disney junkies group today from someone who is checking in a day after us and they had already been contacted with their accommodations. Doesn't make sense and I really don't want to drag our camper over "just in case" they open the campground.

What a pain to have to pull the camper 2 hours hoping they will reopen and then use precious park time to relocate. We're going to have to reevaluate cancelling and going with Plan B for accommodations. I got a 3 bedroom villa at the Holiday Inn Orange Lake Resort which will give us a ton of room, just not the convenience of being on property. I would hate to give up the dining plan, but we might end up saving money in the long run. After stressing out all last week over whether we were getting hit head on by Irma, this is not what I wanted to do.

We have a reservation for the 15th-17th and I received the email but when I called last night the CM had no clue about what I was referring to and just wanted to modify my res so that I could pay more at another resort. I have heard so many different answers about the possible relocation but so far no calls from Disney.

Update! Not true! I'm so embarrassed that I didn't fact check this first, I was in a complete panic. I've been sent stuff by a certain family member all day since she found out we were going to Disney. All bad articles pertaining to Dis. She wore me down by the time I got this one. Not true! So sorry if I upset anyone else.

Can anyone confirm this? The Fort permanently closed? http://www.breakingnews247.net/59b8...-walt-disney-world-due-to-hurricane-irma.html

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm this? The Fort permanently closed?

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the post and you will find this:

This website is an entertainment website, news are created by users. These are humourous news, fantasy, fictional, that should not be seriously taken or as a source of information.

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the post and you will find this:

This website is an entertainment website, news are created by users. These are humourous news, fantasy, fictional, that should not be seriously taken or as a source of information.
. I'm so embarrassed. I went into full panic mode. It was sent by a family member who I always try to convince myself isn't truly a nasty person. But clearly her little green eyes monster is showing itself.

I sat on the phone from 7a until 1p before I got through to someone at guest services. I check in on Friday and the CM told me at first that she was going to have someone who is handling the people at the Fort call me back either today or tomorrow and that I may to have reschedule or cancel. I said that was fine but hopefully we can figure it out with whoever calls me. Not even 10 seconds after I hung up with her, that same CM called me back (let me tell you..the BEST CM I've ever talked to on the phone before by the way) and asked "How does Art of Animation sound?". I obviously pounced on it and now we are staying there and I was not charged the difference or anything

Last edited:
If your freezer is 'full' and you do not open it, we were told everything should be good for 3 days!

Depending on your freezer it could be less, especially if anyone opens the door to check. My MIL lost power Sunday night and just got it back yesterday and lost everything in the freezer except for what I picked up from them on Monday afternoon. We still had power so we opened the door really quick, grabbed a few things, and closed it...they have to replace everything else.

I sat on the phone from 7a until 1p before I got through to someone at guest services. I check in on Friday and the CM told me at first that she was going to have someone who is handling the people at the Fort call me back either today or tomorrow and that I may to have reschedule or cancel. I said that was fine but hopefully we can figure it out with whoever calls me. Not even 10 seconds after I hung up with her, that same CM called me back (let me tell you..the BEST CM I've ever talked to on the phone before by the way) and asked "How does Art of Animation sound?". I obviously pounced on it and now we are staying there and I was not charged the difference or anything

We booked through a Disney travel agent and she has called twice today and her boss once. The last time they both had to leave their names and phone numbers for a call back "hopefully by tomorrow". The potential issue is if they run out of rooms before they get to our reservation. We can't reschedule and I have a backup hotel off property, but this is supposed to be a dream trip for our family with an on property stay. Trying not to give up hope.

And the saga continues.

On the way home, DW said, "Lets call the reservation line again to see if they have any new info."

25 minutes later, I got a helpful CM who said there isn't any note on our reservation about being relocated, but the Fort is closed. She then offered to transfer me to guest relations. When DW told her we waited over 4 hours last night, the CM said, Let me try chatting with them.

A few minutes later she came back on and was reading an email they sent her via chat. It said what we knew about opening on Monday, hopefully, but then said to have the guest contact guest relations or wait for the "incoming team" to contact the guest. It stated anyone with an arrival date before Monday would be accommodated at another resort at no extra charge.

I'm sure this is the same form email they all received in the last 48 hours. I don't know if they are really running out of rooms to move people to. This is the slowest time of year and the Fort isn't that big. Who knows.

Now that I have a backup plan for Friday through Monday, I'll wait for them to call and see what they offer. I'd rather stay onsite at a WDW resort instead of a campground 5 miles away.

I hope things continue to work out for the rest of you coming in this weekend.

j

And the saga continues.

On the way home, DW said, "Lets call the reservation line again to see if they have any new info."

25 minutes later, I got a helpful CM who said there isn't any note on our reservation about being relocated, but the Fort is closed. She then offered to transfer me to guest relations. When DW told her we waited over 4 hours last night, the CM said, Let me try chatting with them.

A few minutes later she came back on and was reading an email they sent her via chat. It said what we knew about opening on Monday, hopefully, but then said to have the guest contact guest relations or wait for the "incoming team" to contact the guest. It stated anyone with an arrival date before Monday would be accommodated at another resort at no extra charge.

I'm sure this is the same form email they all received in the last 48 hours. I don't know if they are really running out of rooms to move people to. This is the slowest time of year and the Fort isn't that big. Who knows.

Now that I have a backup plan for Friday through Monday, I'll wait for them to call and see what they offer. I'd rather stay onsite at a WDW resort instead of a campground 5 miles away.

I hope things continue to work out for the rest of you coming in this weekend.

j

Well that's hopeful news I guess. I'm on hold right now because our travel agent has called twice today and after waiting hours both times only was told to leave her name and number and someone would call her once they got to our reservation. Since I know that someone with a check-in date after ours has already been called I'm not putting much faith in that plan. I'm also going to bring up the dreaded throwaway reservation issue. Saw a post from someone who had one for pretty much our dates and when they got through they were told that at check-in they would be offered a room at another resort AFTER telling the CM that they already had a room elsewhere and just wanted to keep their tickets. This is one of those times that throwaways will directly affect those of us who really planned to stay at FW. Kick me out if you have to for bringing it up, but it is a problem.

Hi all,
I am late to this whole mess. I have been watching my emails and thinking everything was fine because nothing said it wasn't. Kept getting the "you can check in online" email. I was completely taken aback when I saw the fort was closed on MDE. So, I checked here first. (of course)
The email I was watching for went to my promotions box. I don't know why when all the other Disney Destinations emails hit my regular inbox.
My check in is this Sat. I am currently on hold which is going on 2 hours.
Thanks to everyone sharing and letting me know what to expect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter