Menu Revealed for Jaleo by Jose Andres Opening at Disney Springs

They’re doing reservations for Pepe? I’m a little surprised. Thought it was QS...
Oh, no, I should've been more specific. Pepe opened at 11 for lunch and he popped over to Jaleo to ask about reservations.

Sorry for the confusion!

Oh, no, I should've been more specific. Pepe opened at 11 for lunch and he popped over to Jaleo to ask about reservations.

Sorry for the confusion!
Thanks for the clarification and information!! I’ve been checking all the websites every hour! I guess it will be a few more days of checking! Haha!

A couple of the guys from the Disney Dining Show on the DIS Unplugged will be at Jaleo having dinner tonight and if y'all want to follow along, we'll be posting pics on Twitter and Instagram!

Ahh! Can’t wait to see this!!

I've been checking every day for when I can make reservations. I have a spot in September that I want to fill with an ADR at Jaleo and it's killing me that I have to wait to find out if I can get it. I saw the menu and I'm stoked! Can't wait to try it.

Looks like there are a few reviews of Jaleo this morning! I wonder if anyone knows how it would work on the dining plan since most of the menu are tapas.

Can't wait to try it!

Some of what you've listed as entrees/main courses are actually small bites (tiny in some cases, such as Jose's egg taco and the minI Iberico burger).

Is $20 a Disney record for a gin and tonic? The Jose's Choice G&T is legendary, however. $13 for a beer, too. So brace yourselves, folks!

Interesting tidbit: Not only has Jose Andres won a "culinary oscar" (James Beard Award for best chef) and a couple Michelin stars, he is also a 2019 Nobel Peace Prize nominee!

I just want to say nominations for the peace prize come cheap sometimes. But Jose's is legit for disaster relief efforts in Puerto Rico.

Looks like they dropped some of the prices compared to the preliminary menu that was posted on a few sites. That $20 G&T is now $16 and $13 beers are now $9; other drinks are mostly a few dollars less, too. Some of the food prices are less, too.

The initial reviews seem very positive, which is not a surprise, since Jaleo is an established operation with a very good reputation. It's still quite expensive, but you can easily spend more for far less interesting food at some of the other signature restaurants.

I wonder if they'll add a special "restaurant within a restaurant" like "e by Jose Andres" in Jaleo Las Vegas or Somni in his Beverly Hills restaurant? They have around a dozen seats and an avant garde menu of 20-ish courses (and is a "ticketed" reservation). His famous Minibar in DC is like this, too (and has 2 Michelin stars).

After looking online and not seeing an ability to make a reservation, I called instead.
Had no problem making a reservation for April 7.
I also didn't have to give them a credit card.

There is a 'best table', and apparently my name is on it because it's my birthday and I told them I'd had a terrible year. lol. Although I wonder if it's maybe that I'm just the only one who's made a reservation?
I was able to talk to them about how much time to budget if I want to be leisurely with the tasting menu. They suggested 7pm to be finished around closing time.

After looking online and not seeing an ability to make a reservation, I called instead.

There is a 'best table', and apparently my name is on it because it's my birthday and I told them I'd had a terrible year. lol. Although I wonder if it's maybe that I'm just the only one who's made a reservation?
I was able to talk to them about how much time to budget if I want to be leisurely with the tasting menu. They suggested 7pm to be finished around closing time.
Awesome!! I am still waiting to open online since I’m too cheap to make the international call from Canada. Lol!

I disagree with the above poster's cost analysis for many reasons but will stick to the obvious: Disney Springs is not in the parks and thus derives income from the outlying community as well. I'm sure a portion of it's income will come from the DDP but just as sure a greater percentage will come from outside the plan.

A comparison of the menu prices of Jaleo in other communities would undoubtedly tell a different tale as well.

I'll decide if the DS Jaleo lives up to the DC branch once I get there:).

Bad news :(. Saw the menu, and it looked VERY GOOD.

By taking DDP? Clipped Restaurant. To make any money, ingredients + labor MUST be clipped at $75 a plate per person :(.
I had high hopes.... :(. Dashed :(.

You're way off on this assumption. Iberico Pork is featured all over his menu. It's very pricey and it's distinctive flavor can't be duplicated by any other pork on the market. There's no way he'd be able to advertise Iberico and use a lesser product. Throw in his excellent selection of Cheeses including Valdeon, Cana de Cabra, Idiazabal, and Cabrales and that menu is a step above everything else in DS as far as creativity and quality of his ingredients. I can't wait to try it next month.

Thank you for posting this! I just called and was able to make a reservation over the phone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter